Alan Dershowitz (law professor), NOT a conservative.. defends Trump against indictment

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022

This was awesome, what Dersh said

There was one moment i wondered about, however...the very end where he says it is would novel to deal with the issue of whether... as John Ratcliffe (former DNI) called it.. (something like) Committing crime to prosecute a crime (which seems to be what these POSes are doing) See Maria Bartiromo video

What is novel about that? It seems that is what attorneys routinely call Fruit of the Poisonous tree...

If something illegal is done in order to prosecute someone, that poisonous tree thing should mean the case is tossed...(?) or ..and/or

if some certain piece of evidence is presented in court, but it was illegally obtained, it is dismissed, the jury can't see that fake evidence

The phone call seems to be fake evidence... can't cross-examine it. ..

There was one moment i wondered about, however...the very end where he says it is would novel to deal with the issue of whether... as John Ratcliffe (former DNI) called (something like) Commiting crime to prosecute crimes

What is novel about that? It seems that is what attorneys routinely call Fruit of the Poisonous tree...

If something illegal is done in order to prosecute someone, that poisonous tree thing should mean it the case is tossed... or ..and/or

if some certain piece of evidence is presented in court, but it was illegally obtained, it is dismissed, the jury can't see that fake evidence

AD is a Lunatic Fringe Social Leftist.
That changes on matters of law.
He is as adherent to the rule of law as anyone that you will find.
Jonathon Turley is the same.

There was one moment i wondered about, however...the very end where he says it is would novel to deal with the issue of whether... as John Ratcliffe (former DNI) called it.. (something like) Committing crime to prosecute a crime (which seems to be what these POSes are doing) See Maria Bartiromo video

If something illegal is done in order to prosecute someone, that poisonous tree thing should mean the case is tossed...(?) or ..and/or

Goody. Maybe he can do the same thing for Trump that he did for OJ. :auiqs.jpg:
Trump will get his day in court. He will have his due process.

If it were up to me, I'd issue summary judgement. He's on tape admitting to it for Christ's sake! :)

For some reason or another this "groomer" gets a free pass. People who have absolutely no reason to be condemned get condemned but Dershowitz continues to get a free pass.

Does it have to do with defending Trump? That's all one has to do to get a free pass?

Despite widespread attention to his role in the Epstein case — and a defamation suit from one of his accusers — Dershowitz has no intention of laying low. For instance, he continues to publicly criticize age-of-consent laws — most recently on Twitter, earlier this week.

Alan Dershowitz helped Jeffrey Epstein get a plea deal. Now he’s tweeting about age of consent laws.

Goody. Maybe he can do the same thing for Trump that he did for OJ. :auiqs.jpg:
Trump will get his day in court. He will have his due process.

If it were up to me, I'd issue summary judgement. He's on tape admitting to it for Christ's sake! :)

My God you are spectacularly fucking ignorant.
In a criminal case Summary Judgment can only be used to acquit a defendant not convict.

Stay in your stupid lane.

For some reason or another this "groomer" gets a free pass. People who have absolutely no reason to be condemned get condemned but Dershowitz continues to get a free pass.

Does it have to do with defending Trump? That's all one has to do to get a free pass?

Despite widespread attention to his role in the Epstein case — and a defamation suit from one of his accusers — Dershowitz has no intention of laying low. For instance, he continues to publicly criticize age-of-consent laws — most recently on Twitter, earlier this week.

Alan Dershowitz helped Jeffrey Epstein get a plea deal. Now he’s tweeting about age of consent laws.

Almost all of that is not true.
There are a couple of kernels of truth -with outrageous hyperbole all around it.

Almost all of that is not true.
There are a couple of kernels of truth -with outrageous hyperbole all around it.

He didn't defend Epstein? He didn't help him get a slap on the wrist sentence? He didn't make the statement he is quoted as saying?

Forum List

Back