Alabama Democrat Flips GOP Seat After Campaigning Against Threats To IVF

Its not complicated is it. These right wing nutters are in the supreme court trying to get a pill banned. They arent going away and they wont give up their crazy. The only option is to vote them out.
America supports choice. Normal people everywhere support it.
I am so curious to see if red states are rigged this year. For example Kansas should go blue this year

Democrat Marilyn Lands defeated Republican Teddy Powell on Tuesday in a 62-37 landslide, easily prevailing in a nationally watched special election for a GOP-held seat in the Alabama House of Representatives.

Powell, a member of the City Council in Madison, adopted a very different strategy. He instead focused on issues like infrastructure and downplayed the importance of reproductive rights. "It's certainly an issue that needs to be dealt with," he told Politico, "but not our top issue. I don't think that this is the issue that wins or loses the race."

That calculus turned out to be wrong, and Lands just gave Democrats good reason to believe that Powell will be only the first of many Republicans to pay the price at the ballot box this year.

So how's that whole border thing working out for you?

You know, because reproductive rights certainly isn't the top issue.

Giuliani.jpeg

As usual, the leftwing media lies. Though Alabama is deep-red, District 10 is not. The district was evenly split in the 2020 presidential election with Trump winning by only one point. There is also a heavy concentration of colored people. Lands barely lost in 2022 before IVF became an issue, and her current opponent Teddy Powell was a political novice. Lands, because of outside donations, had four times as much campaign money as Powell.

But we see how the leftwing spins it. "See? Even Albama conservatives are all for abortion". As shown, it's a total lie. The media counts on uninformed people like Tommy here buying it without knowing or caring to investigate.
Now its a dem stronghold.
What coulour are these "coloured people" ?

I am so curious to see if red states are rigged this year. For example Kansas should go blue this year

It should do. The GOP now want a national abortion ban. Everyone is threatened.

How have the parties not yet figured out that there is pushback when you try to cram your agenda down everyone's throat?

Is this not yet fucking obvious enough yet?
Yet you’re in here daily, and prolifically pushing the leftist agenda down everyone’s throat…go figure.

How many of you lefties claim it is the right of a woman to kill the baby 10 seconds prior to it clearing the birth canal after a 40 week pregnancy?

Its not complicated is it. These right wing nutters are in the supreme court trying to get a pill banned. They arent going away and they wont give up their crazy. The only option is to vote them out.
America supports choice. Normal people everywhere support it.

Since you didn't read the article ... I'll go ahead and break the news that this was a swing district ... I know, this is such bad journalism they didn't even bother stating which district ... because I'll warrant this district is Democrat ...

RURAL Alabama is profoundly conservative ... where the poor folk live ... Alabama big cities, not so much ... Alabama might be the worst of all 50 States, but she's still better than half of Europe ... swear to God ...

Since you didn't read the article ... I'll go ahead and break the news that this was a swing district ... I know, this is such bad journalism they didn't even bother stating which district ... because I'll warrant this district is Democrat ...

RURAL Alabama is profoundly conservative ... where the poor folk live ... Alabama big cities, not so much ... Alabama might be the worst of all 50 States, but she's still better than half of Europe ... swear to God ...

Its a solid dem district now.

It’s real simple Don't want to get pregnant? Use birth control, or keep that snapper zipped up….I’m surprised your daddy never told you that.

As usual, the leftwing media lies. Though Alabama is deep-red, District 10 is not. The district was evenly split in the 2020 presidential election with Trump winning by only one point. There is also a heavy concentration of colored people. Lands barely lost in 2022 before IVF became an issue, and her current opponent Teddy Powell was a political novice. Lands, because of outside donations, had four times as much campaign money as Powell.

But we see how the leftwing spins it. "See? Even Albama conservatives are all for abortion". As shown, it's a total lie. The media counts on uninformed people like Tommy here buying it without knowing or caring to investigate.

How did we know that Tammy's "source" was going to be theguardian.com, even before clicking?

Forum List

Back