Al Franken opens up lead on Norman Coleman

I'm shocked. But your photo of the poll doesn't indicate what date it's from.

And FiveThirtyEight always had Franken winning. I think he said it was going to be by something like 30 votes or something ridiculous like that.

FiveThirtyEight was also the most accurate for the election. Nate Silver of FTE beat out all the major networks..

if he applied his analysis to 2004 presidential results I wonder what results he would get.

....that sound you just heard was Bill O'Reilly's head exploding.

I just saw a blurb on MSNBC that Franken has taken the lead for the first time. I don't know what the details are, or if it will hold.

But, this can't be good for Loofa-man's mental health.

If AL wins I will religiously watch the Bill O'Reilly show because it is sure to replace comedy central for entertainment value.

If Franken wins by much more than Nate predicted, does that still make Nate right?

In other words what is it that makes him right - how close he is numerically to the final result or whether the win/lose call is right?

If you want to argue that it is how close he is numerically to the final result, then a small loss for Franken is better support for Nate's methodology than a big win for franken.

I'd wager he'd have had Kerry winning Ohio. But that does seem to be water under the bridge.

Not to me babe, the world is worse for the wear and ignoring why is not learning from history, we'd be doomed to repeat it.

Nate beat out everyone... the networks; the famous pollsters... he was dead on. Unbelievable, eh?

And he looks like something out of revenge of the nerds. lol...

yup, the kid is a boy genius.. if you read his blogs you also get a great understanding on how polling works.. this guy will always be who I will look to in the future..

If Franken wins by much more than Nate predicted, does that still make Nate right?

In other words what is it that makes him right - how close he is numerically to the final result or whether the win/lose call is right?

If you want to argue that it is how close he is numerically to the final result, then a small loss for Franken is better support for Nate's methodology than a big win for franken.

Actually a small win for Franken would be best, that is what he predicted..

Not to me babe, the world is worse for the wear and ignoring why is not learning from history, we'd be doomed to repeat it.

I hear ya. My feelings on the 2000 and 2004 elections have been done to death. What I knew was that to win the white house, there had to be a large enough margin of victory for it not to be futzed around with.

This article might interest you.

Was the 2004 Election Stolen? : Rolling Stone

I hear ya. My feelings on the 2000 and 2004 elections have been done to death. What I knew was that to win the white house, there had to be a large enough margin of victory for it not to be futzed around with.

This article might interest you.

Was the 2004 Election Stolen? : Rolling Stone

The other reason it is not water under the bridge is because the suspected architects of the theft of the 2004 election are still intimately involved in republican campaigns.

Not that I have much of an opinion on Franken either way, why do I get the feeling his Senate run was more of a lark than a need to bring real change to Washington? It seems like a lot of people in the media are pulling for him, but I doubt they could give five ideas he has for Washington or the state of Minnesota that aren't liberal pundit talking points. He hates the Iraq War? Check. He opposed the surge? Check. Let me guess: he also believes women should be able to have all the abortions they want, he believes wholeheartedly in global warming, he wants us to institutionalize universal health care? How about pot, Al? Should we legalize pot?

I just saw a blurb on MSNBC that Franken has taken the lead for the first time. I don't know what the details are, or if it will hold.

If you were Norm Coleman, which would sting more? losing to Al Franken or losing to Jesse the Body?

Imagine the ratings if Al Franken and Bill O'Reilly did a show together. I mean every night. like instead of hannity&colmes, Oreilly&franken.

Coleman is being investigated by the FBI, so I am glad he is not going to win.

That being the case, can only imagine how outraged you are that Blago's still in office. Oh wait, you only have an issue with a candidate's ethics when you disagree with his politics.

That being the case, can only imagine how outraged you are that Blago's still in office. Oh wait, you only have an issue with a candidate's ethics when you disagree with his politics.

What a crock of shit.

Blago, Jefferson, Cunningham, Delay, the're all the same to me.

What a crock of shit.

Blago, Jefferson, Cunningham, Delay, the're all the same to me.
Delay hasnt been convicted of anything
and most of the "ham sandwich" indictments have been dismissed
havent heard where it stands now

Not that I have much of an opinion on Franken either way, why do I get the feeling his Senate run was more of a lark than a need to bring real change to Washington? It seems like a lot of people in the media are pulling for him, but I doubt they could give five ideas he has for Washington or the state of Minnesota that aren't liberal pundit talking points. He hates the Iraq War? Check. He opposed the surge? Check. Let me guess: he also believes women should be able to have all the abortions they want, he believes wholeheartedly in global warming, he wants us to institutionalize universal health care? How about pot, Al? Should we legalize pot?

You got it figured right. :clap2:

Forum List

Back