Airline Travel: Then Vs. Now

Indian Airlines: Flight Quills

After watching the Hollywood (USA) movies "Airport 1975" (1974) and "The Aviator" (2004), I became very fascinated by airlines and airplanes.

Growing up, I would visit India (where I'm originally from) with my parents. We would take Air India flights from New York (USA) to New Delhi (India). Once we arrived in New Delhi, we would see the city and visit relatives there before taking a flight on Indian Airlines (domestic service airline) from New Delhi to Calcutta where we would visit more relatives.

Air India is great, since it's an international airline company, but Indian Airlines is the domestic company native to India, and I really liked it. The service was intimate and the food, movies, stewardesses, and atmosphere really were comfortable. Was this only because the Indian Airlines flight from New Delhi to Calcutta was so popular?

Indian Airlines is no more, but going on its flights in the 1980s and enjoying Bollywood movies on the flights makes me think about the simple wonders of airlines.

You may be right --- gone are the Golden Days of Pan Am and TWA, but today's various airlines such as Lufthansa (Germany), KLM (Holland), British Airways (UK), and Southwest Airlines (Domestic USA) still offer comparable comforts and romance.

If you're feeling worried though or even cynical, take in "The Aviator" (2004) on Netflix when you get the chance...

:afro:

Indian Airlines

gg.jpg

Forum List

Back