Airforce or marines?

Evsanchez

Rookie
Mar 1, 2011
Im new to this and i would like to see if nebody could help me out with the pros and cons of USAF vs. USMC

That would depend entirely on what you want to do in the service and what kind of overall personality you have. Perhaps a little more information and we'd be glad to help out.

-the jerk

Im new to this and i would like to see if nebody could help me out with the pros and cons of USAF vs. USMC

Short answer? Neither..........Join the U.S. Navy.

We own the Marines (they're a division of the Navy), and we have more planes than the Air Force.

Besides........Top Gun for the Air Force is to be allowed to fly with a forward deployed U.S. Navy squadron for 2 years.

The Navy has some of the best electronics schools around, especially if you are enlisted.

I didn't join the Air Force because I thought they were a bunch of pussies.

I didn't join the Army, because camping as a hobby is fine, but as a lifestyle leaves much to be desired.

I didn't join the Marines because I didn't want to be a bullet sponge.

Wanna see the world and have a bunch of fun? Join the U.S. Navy.

We own the Marines (they're a division of the Navy), and we have more planes than the Air Force.

Besides........Top Gun for the Air Force is to be allowed to fly with a forward deployed U.S. Navy squadron for 2 years.

The Navy has some of the best electronics schools around, especially if you are enlisted.

I didn't join the Army, because camping as a hobby is fine, but as a lifestyle leaves much to be desired.

Come on brother, just admit it.......You enjoyed those 6 month deployments at sea, in close quarters, with a bunch o' dudes, and a whole lotta grab ass goin' on!

:razz:

Bottom line, Sanchez......If ya' wanna get up close and personal during the kill, join the Army or Marines.

If ya' want pretty easy duty, Join the Air Force.

If you wanna spend months on end at sea, with a bunch o' dudes, Join the Navy!

Come on brother, just admit it.......You enjoyed those 6 month deployments at sea, in close quarters, with a bunch o' dudes, and a whole lotta grab ass goin' on!

Bottom line, Sanchez......If ya' wanna get up close and personal during the kill, join the Army or Marines.

I know you're razzing on the Navy but I spent my whole enlistment in the Navy without being assigned to 'permanent' sea duty. A couple of very short term deployments but for the most part I was a landlocked sailor. :lol:
As for choosing between the Marines and the Air Force,
Marines: Long mud baths in all types of climates.
Air Force: Long hot tub baths with women and booze in controlled climates.

I'd look at it this way:
The air force is best if you are a purely academic type. A less agressive personality and a penchant for the nicer things on life are good to have in the wild blue. Think of them like poodles: pampered, pretty, a little frou-frou, but originally bred as a fighting dog.

The army is a little further in the direction of the marines, but not quite there. They're Quasi-marine...just 2 miles in their pft...not motivated enough. Kinda like a saint Bernard: big, loyal, a little dopey, slow to rouse but quite effective when used properly.

The navy does have oversight of the Marines in the president's cabinet in the form of the Secretary of the navy. They are in essence a form of department store, and the Marines are the men's department. The navy is like a Labrador retriever: intelligent, a little lazy, loyal, loves the water.

The marines are on the opposite end of the spectrum. Living in harsh conditions is what they do. It's in their mission statement. The comment about mud baths is pretty accurate. Extremely demanding physically (and depending on your specialty, mentally) and emotionally at times, the Corps is akin to a prized fighting pitbull: starved, angry, vicious, clever, and a little psychotic. We like to play in the dirt for weeks At a time, shoot guns and blow shit up as often as possible, run ourselves to exhaustion-induced vomiting and have a few kegs waiting at the end.

Hope this helps.

The

I know you're razzing on the Navy but I spent my whole enlistment in the Navy without being assigned to 'permanent' sea duty. A couple of very short term deployments but for the most part I was a landlocked sailor. :lol:

We build, We fight, We party all night. I would say Navy. I got 30 days at sea but that was volintarey. You can still get sea duty in the Marines. Ask the 400 headed to Libya.

We build, We fight, We party all night. I would say Navy. I got 30 days at sea but that was volintarey. You can still get sea duty in the Marines. Ask the 400 headed to Libya.
At the risk of sounding patronizing, I was serving in the Navy, I'm pretty sure I'm aware of the Marines role considering I spent some of my time in utilities.

The Air Force is probably easier than the Army or Marines but things have changed, I have 2 friends still in the Air Force and right now they are in Afghanistan on deployments with the Army for 9 months pulling security and checking vehicles coming on the base for explosives. Because of the high volume of deployments right now the Air Force are being used to augment the US Army, keep in mind my friends are Personnelists in the Air Force, basically admin. You can enlist in the Military to do a specific job but can end up doing something completely different, you will do whatever they tell you to, no matter what branch you join. Keep that in mind.

At the risk of sounding patronizing, I was serving in the Navy, I'm pretty sure I'm aware of the Marines role considering I spent some of my time in utilities.

And ? Who said you didnt ? Utilities Lights and all that or do you mean BDU's ?

First, take the A.S.V.A.B. , but DONT sign anything. You will be put under allot of pressure to do so. Take the test and go to recruter from all branches and see who has the best to offer. All branches have allot to offer thees days. Check them all out

And ? Who said you didnt ? Utilities Lights and all that or do you mean BDU's ?

Marines don't call battle/work dress BDUs, at least they didn't when I was in.

First, take the A.S.V.A.B. , but DONT sign anything. You will be put under allot of pressure to do so. Take the test and go to recruter from all branches and see who has the best to offer. All branches have allot to offer thees days. Check them all out

Good advice there. The other option is to go the officer route. Look at any of the service academies (USAFA for AF, USMA for army, USCGA for coasties, USNA for navy and marines) or start at a regular college (4 year) and look for your local OSO (officer selection office) after you begin.

Forum List

Back