Air Force awards Boeing $35 billion contract

Discussion in 'Military' started by VaYank5150, Feb 27, 2011.

1. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Air Force awards Boeing $3.5 billion contract - Feb. 24, 2011

Meanwhile, in IN and WI, American employees are being stripped of bargaining rights, because our country and it's states cannot afford to pay them what they think they are worth.

2. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    I like this part of the article best:

These refueling aircraft are not needed for defense. They are needed to refuel aircraft operating offensively in other countries. Where is the Tea Party outrage?

3. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    One, what the Department of the Defense, a branch of the FEDERAL government, does with its budget has fuck-all to do with what a STATE can and cannot afford to do with ITS budget. Two, wah wah wah! How many of us get paid what WE think we're worth, and how many of us actually feel justified in having a huge, screaming tantrum about it on national television? You get paid what your EMPLOYER thinks you're worth to him, and if you're lucky, it's not too much less than what YOU think you deserve and wish you could get. :eusa_boohoo:

4. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    It is unfortunate that people like you cannot or simply will not see the bigger picture. Federal/state/local....does not matter. We are ALL Americans and if our elected officials and the people who put them in power could get their heads out of their asses long enough to see and understand this, we would all be much better off. And what else? Boeing is a UNION contractor.

5. Agit8r

Agit8r Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,174
    Yeah, those machinists make bank

6. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    I can only assume that by "bigger picture", you mean "the simplistic world that I want to live in, irregardless of annoying things like facts and reality".

"We are ALL Americans" appears to mean "all the money goes into one big pile in the center of the country, and then we dole it out to those we want to have it on the basis of how important adolescent minds like me believe them to be."

I can't imagine how you think the fact that Boeing is a union contractor could POSSIBLY make your posts any less random, meaningless, and irrelevant. No, I will NOT explain to you what it was about this remark that was so fucking ignorant. Take your advice to our elected officials, pull your head out of your ass, and figure out for yourself how it was that you made a fool of yourself THIS time.

7. Sheldon

Sheldon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,330

I've got this theory. If defense spending is on the table along with everything else, we'll know the GOP/TP is addressing our debt to the degree that justifies the level of campaign rhetoric.

8. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    It's not a done deal. AirBus can still challenge the bid. If it works out as is it will be a huge benefit for Seattle machinists. I am a machinist in Seattle. I make aircraft parts. I would never go to work for Boeing but the subcontractor work will be significant. Boeing will suck up many of the smaller shops machinists and the market for my skills will be very good. Boeing estimates 10,000 hires in Seattle. This will be very good for the Pacific Northwest.

9. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,825
    Another desperate post by the ignorant and hate-filled left that for some reason seems to choose Palin and Bachmann as their internet handle? Is it a love-hate relationship or an indication of something more sinister?

10. Agit8r

Agit8r Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,174
    I'm still sad that i'm not making bank like Boeing machinist, and they are getting fat on my tax dollars :(