Agree or not: The rich benefit the most from tax money?

Why? Cause without tax money there would be no money to run a government. ANd we all pay taxes, so its not "your money", plus we all benefit from that tax money
The most arrogant statement of the day.

Who engaged in productive behavior and earned the money to start with?

Claiming tax money is "my money" is not arrogant and condescending?
:lol:
Who produced for the money to be taxed, comrade?

Why? Cause without tax money there would be no money to run a government. ANd we all pay taxes, so its not "your money", plus we all benefit from that tax money
The most arrogant statement of the day.

Who engaged in productive behavior and earned the money to start with?

Claiming tax money is "my money" is not arrogant and condescending?
:lol:

The money I pay in taxes is money that I earned, it is MY lawfully and ethically gained property, and this country was founded on the principle that the government should take no property from the people without their advice and consent through their elected representatives and the government should take absolutely no more from the people than it absolutely has to have to carry out its constitutionally mandated responsibilities.

That principle made us the fastest progressing and most prosperous nation that has ever existed on Earth while affording the people maximum freedoms and liberties.

It is too bad that we now have representation who doesn't seem to understand that principle.

These progressives/Marxists or whatever the hell they are are grossly ignorant. All their schemes depend on people making tons of cash so that they can confiscate it and give it to someone else. Yet, as most of us know, when you disincentivise hard work, people will not achieve nearly as much and you eventually end up with Cuba.

They make the most money, have the biggest share in the wealth, and pay the most taxes. But don't they also benefit the most from what the tax money goes towards?

They benefit from an educated and skilled workforce that help their companies flourish. THey benefit from roads and strong infrastructure to move their product and assist in their business, which allowed them to . THey benefit from the US military and police force to protect their assets and provide a relatively safe and stable country to have their business flourish. THey may even have benefitted from student loan programs getting them their education in the first place. Many benefit from new scientific discoveries funded by government research grants which helped them discover an innovative new technology based on those discoveries. They benefit from legislation and justice system that protects their innovative products from patent infringement. I'm sure there are plenty more.

We all benefit Gregg, and We all hurt when funds are misappropriated. The rich generally pay for privilege, and the finer things in life. They pay salaries too, and for benefits. They pay more than their share. There is a true balance, though personally I don't think we are anywhere near it. The further we abandon Justice and free will, the more elusive it will be. We insult fair play way too much Brother. Simplify, expose the damage for what it is, and rectify.

I'm still waiting for these proggressives/Marxists to point out how they feel they are entitled to that which they have not earned.

They make the most money, have the biggest share in the wealth, and pay the most taxes. But don't they also benefit the most from what the tax money goes towards?

They benefit from an educated and skilled workforce that help their companies flourish. THey benefit from roads and strong infrastructure to move their product and assist in their business, which allowed them to . THey benefit from the US military and police force to protect their assets and provide a relatively safe and stable country to have their business flourish. THey may even have benefitted from student loan programs getting them their education in the first place. Many benefit from new scientific discoveries funded by government research grants which helped them discover an innovative new technology based on those discoveries. They benefit from legislation and justice system that protects their innovative products from patent infringement. I'm sure there are plenty more.

But everyone benefits from this. They have the same access to a road I do, but they drive in a better car (or are driven.) If they take mass transit they pay the same as I do and sit in the same seat. Army tanks and Air force planes protect thier bigger house just as they protect my apartment. The research done benefits my job and thiers, or thier stocks.

The one area of inequality may be legal/police. But that is more a local issue than a federal and another debate.

The question becomes why should they pay more for the same or less benefits? They do not use all of the programs designed for the middle class and poor americans. Yet they pay more on a raw dollar amount simply because they have more.

Again, I am not against a progressive income tax entirely, but at what point is "just a bit more of thier fair share" too much?
I think you miss the point. The poor man only needs the roads so he can ride the the bus to work, provided he has work. The wealthy businessman needs roads to move products to market and law enforcement not just to protect himself, but his business and all of his assets. True, the poor get federal assistance to live but the wealthy gets tax write offs to protect their income and assets.

I don't know if you can actually quantify any of this but it is an interesting point and certainly disputes the claim that taxes simply redistribute the wealth.

And don't give me that "we all have to pay taxes" shit...

A. Obviously we aren't ALL paying taxes.
B. Paying taxes, fine. Taxing me into the poorhouse so as to bring me down to your level is a whole nother story.

But everyone benefits from this. They have the same access to a road I do, but they drive in a better car (or are driven.) If they take mass transit they pay the same as I do and sit in the same seat. Army tanks and Air force planes protect thier bigger house just as they protect my apartment. The research done benefits my job and thiers, or thier stocks.

The one area of inequality may be legal/police. But that is more a local issue than a federal and another debate.

The question becomes why should they pay more for the same or less benefits? They do not use all of the programs designed for the middle class and poor americans. Yet they pay more on a raw dollar amount simply because they have more.

Again, I am not against a progressive income tax entirely, but at what point is "just a bit more of thier fair share" too much?
I think you miss the point. The poor man only needs the roads so he can ride the the bus to work, provided he has work. The wealthy businessman needs roads to move products to market and law enforcement not just to protect himself, but his business and all of his assets. True, the poor get federal assistance to live but the wealthy gets tax write offs to protect their income and assets.

I don't know if you can actually quantify any of this but it is an interesting point and certainly disputes the claim that taxes simply redistribute the wealth.

Oh good grief. Really? Do you honestly see things this way? What the hell did your parents do to you?

It's a completely worthless and brain dead point, as taxes on productivity don't pay for roads...Fuel taxes do.

Income taxes don't really pay for any services, as much as they are a tool for political polarization, confiscation and redistribution from the productive, to the looters and idlers.

B. Paying taxes, fine. Taxing me into the poorhouse so as to bring me down to your level is a whole nother story.

Who exactly is doing that?

I mean, your taxes didn't go up this year, did they? (No, they didn't. No one's did)

It's a completely worthless and brain dead point, as taxes on productivity don't pay for roads, fuel taxes do.

Income taxes don't really pay for any services, as much as they are a tool for polarization, confiscation and redistribution from the productive, to the looters and idlers.

Dude... next time this goofball is on the road, he should check out the weigh stations.... check out the excise taxes on diesel fuel, check out the taxes common carriers pay, check out the tolls on trucks vs. passenger autos....

It's a completely worthless and brain dead point, as taxes on productivity don't pay for roads...Fuel taxes do.

Income taxes don't really pay for any services, as much as they are a tool for political polarization, confiscation and redistribution from the productive, to the looters and idlers.

let me guess, not a condescending post? :cuckoo:

And a very rational, realistic post too huh?:cuckoo:
Oh the nutters :lol:

It's a completely worthless and brain dead point, as taxes on productivity don't pay for roads, fuel taxes do.

Income taxes don't really pay for any services, as much as they are a tool for polarization, confiscation and redistribution from the productive, to the looters and idlers.

Dude... next time this goofball is on the road, he should check out the weigh stations.... check out the excise taxes on diesel fuel, check out the taxes common carriers pay, check out the tolls on trucks vs. passenger autos....
Pretty much the reason I jumped all over the disingenuousness of the OP.

It's a tired refrain...Give a laundry list of services that are provided for by taxes and fees other than income taxes, then use it as a premise for exorbitantly high income taxes on the hated "wealthy".

Who exactly is doing that?

I mean, your taxes didn't go up this year, did they? (No, they didn't. No one's did)

Yes they did.. for varous reasons. As for your second point, this seems to be the argument... that the "rich" need to be brought down. When I read arguments about the "rich" having all the wealth or the rich "using a disproportionate share of services" or the wealthy "abusing" people... I know EXACTLY what this means.

I have read Engels and Marx. I know the template.

Oh good grief. Really? Do you honestly see things this way? What the hell did your parents do to you?

Hmm, violation of the rules, brining up family members :razz:
Brilliant refutation by the way, where did you learn your wonderful debate skills where you don't have to back any of the bullshit you say up?

let me guess, not a condescending post? :cuckoo:

And a very rational, realistic post too huh?:cuckoo:
Oh the nutters :lol:
Whatever you say, looter.

I'm still waiting for these proggressives/Marxists to point out how they feel they are entitled to that which they have not earned.

That's pretty basic. I'm surprised people don't understand this simple concept. It's even in the Bible:

"If a man will not work, he shall not eat."
2 Thessalonians 3:10

Forum List

Back