Again the CBO says the stim pack worked

• Banned
It wont be long before you can NOT ignore the results of the stim pack

If it had worked the un employment would not be at 9.1. Hello? Shovel ready?

My ass.

ABSTRACT

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) contains provisions that are intended to boost economic activity and employment in the United States. Section 1512(e) of the law requires the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) to comment on reports filed by recipients of ARRA funding that detail the number of jobs funded through their activities.​
Oh, you mean those exaggerated and invented numbers?

It wont be long before you can NOT ignore the results of the stim pack

:lol: Tell about how well it worked to the American people next year when they're heading to the voting booth with 9% unemployment, $4 a gallon gasoline, and high inflation. I'm sure the Big O will be real popular with all those "successes" under his belt.

• Banned
The numbers used in this study were result numbers.

The right will deny anything except diaper shitting prostiutute politcians with an R after their names another elected position

You know the CBO doesn't do any independent research, right? They just use the numbers they're given?

It's easy to win when you stack the deck.
Except, of course, when the GOP supply the numbers, then the CBO is Gospel.

did you put faith in the CBO when they said we could afford Bush's tax cuts for the "rich"?

The numbers used in this study were result numbers.
From where? And did they count the bogus census taker numbers?
The right will deny anything except diaper shitting prostiutute politcians with an R after their names another elected position
It's cure, the way you pretend you're not a hyperpartisan. Do you really think anyone buys your silly little act?

If 9% and mounting unemployment, record low labor workforce participation, tepid GDP growth and increasing inflation constitute "working" i'd hate to see what failure looks like.

The Stimulus package was sold to the public as a spending initiative that would prevent unemployment from going over 8%. It didn't.

That makes it an Epic Fail. Trying to recreate a "what would have happened without it" scenario at this point is just excuse making.

Last edited:
The Stimulus package was sold to the public being an spending initiative that would prevent unemployment from going over 8%. It didn't.

With hindsight (i.e. better data) it's clear that the unemployment rate was already at 8.2% before the stimulus passed and at 8.6% a few days after it passed.

not only that but the package he promised that on was altered by the R insistance on more cuts and less real stimulus.

one more time. anyone who accepts a number that is 1.4 to whats the latest? 3.4 ( I have TM on ignore and cannot see the latest bs) , 3.4 as jobs 'created or saved' is a fool.

first they cannot even classify them as saved OR created..which is it and if they don't know how the hell can they quantify it? Not that a number 1.4 to 3.4 is a variable I would accept...gee why not just say 500 to 5 million? thats not an estimate its darts at a board.

I have no doubt that flooding the country with a trillion dollars save jobs, you see them now in states laying folks off and you'll see more, we as in the stimulus was paying or many of those jobs

......and sure they created some jobs,hey I'll buy off on a million, okay 2 million, fine great, the question is what happens or happened to the jobs when the money ran out?

To say the stim package worked is an exercise in futility.
The stimulus package did absolutely NOTHING to address a SINGLE problem as to why all this happened.
NOTHING.
The best analogy of TARP I have heard is this...
You find a guy 50 miles off of the coast who will surely drown. You throw him a life jacket, give him a few weeks worth of water and food...and take your boat and sail for the coast...without him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back