After staffer's exit, Trump stresses legal actions against others

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Will all these NDA's hold up in courts? I imagine the lure of big bucks will win out with most people.

Trump stresses legal actions over confidentiality in wake of Westerhout firing

"President Donald Trump on Saturday stressed his ongoing legal battles to keep details of his administration's inner workings from emerging in books and press reports following the firing of his personal assistant.
"Yes, I am currently suing various people for violating their confidentiality agreements. Disgusting and foul mouthed Omarosa is one. I gave her every break, despite the fact that she was despised by everyone, and she went for some cheap money from a book. Numerous others also!" Trump wrote on Twitter.
Trump's attack on his former White House adviser Omarosa Manigault Newman followed the firing of his personal assistant, Madeleine Westerhout, who was let go Thursday for revealing to reporters details of her relationship with Trump and his daughters.
Trump also appeared to rebut a report by the New York Times stating that Westerhout did not sign a non-disclosure agreement.
"While Madeleine Westerhout has a fully enforceable confidentiality agreement, she is a very good person and I don’t think there would ever be reason to use it. She called me yesterday to apologize, had a bad night. I fully understood and forgave her! I love Tiffany, doing great!" Trump wrote.
Trump's 2016 campaign team, transition team and political appointees are typically expected to sign a non-disclosure agreement, even if the legal foundations of such agreements are murky. Trump Organization employees would also be routinely required to sign such agreements.
NDAs are not typically signed by federal workers as they’re thought to be public servants who are not beholden to any individual, which would include White House staff. Any agreement is therefore not easily enforceable.
Manigault Newman claimed she refused to sign "that draconian NDA" during her tenure at the White House following the release of a tell-all book, although she stated she signed two non-disclosure agreements during Trump's presidential campaign and her time on "The Apprentice” in 2003.
Following her acrimonious firing, Omarosa also released audio of conversations recorded at the White House."

Trump is one paranoid SOB

Those being on the Government payroll are beholden to the people NOT the President

Wonder why Don would need to be concerned about attention whores causing problems? I’m sure he’ll go back to the private sector, right after he finishes his next term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dems who are desperate for a break in the impeachment movement will likely demand Westerhout appear before them and answer questions.

Just saying that, for the public, it doesn't matter..once the information is out there.

It matters a great deal whether these NDAs hold up on court, for once someone's bankrupted for violating it, others won't come forward. Far less by way of information will be available, and some if it might be crucial to understand what is going on.

The major point is, how is it even possible the orange buffoon runs the White House as his personal fiefdom, like some tin pot dictator, requiring and enforcing personal loyalty, thereby reducing everyone, from White House staff to the FBI chief, to his fully owned lackey?

Those being on the Government payroll are beholden to the people NOT the President
Trump needs to get out of politics – it’s no place for someone so delusional, paranoid, and obsessed with privacy.

Really? For I think politics is a place for all of that. Remember, President Obama brought the full power of the office to bear against leakers, even prosecuting journalists to get to them. BTW, keeping how Trump goes about doing the people's business under wraps and hidden isn't a case of maintaining "privacy."

The problem, as of now, seems to be that no one knows the exact wording of these NDAs. In case federal employees entered into a personal contract between them and Donald Trump, granting the latter a right to sue and damages, they may well be bound by their signature. That would be catastrophic. Since NDAs in private business are upheld by the courts, I see no reason why such a personal contract wouldn't also be upheld.

Trump needs to get out of politics – it’s no place for someone so delusional, paranoid, and obsessed with privacy.

Really? For I think politics is a place for all of that. Remember, President Obama brought the full power of the office to bear against leakers, even prosecuting journalists to get to them. BTW, keeping how Trump goes about doing the people's business under wraps and hidden isn't a case of maintaining "privacy."

The problem, as of now, seems to be that no one knows the exact wording of these NDAs. In case federal employees entered into a personal contract between them and Donald Trump, granting the latter a right to sue and damages, they may well be bound by their signature. That would be catastrophic. Since NDAs in private business are upheld by the courts, I see no reason why such a personal contract wouldn't also be upheld.
Federal Employees swear to uphold the Constitution. They are not bound to be quiet about their actions while any president is in office. That is why we formed Civil Service

It automatically makes one wonder what is so terrible that needs to be hidden?
Except his narcissistic rages, maybe? The fact that his kids no doubt love and respect his billions, not the man who ignored them until they were old enough to join the business? He screams at Barron for not wearing a suit on an ordinary day? That's the very tip of the iceberg, friends.

I do need to point out that Hillary is also pretty obsessed with privacy, which led to the private email server, which led to .....

"I will sue you for making government more transparent"

LOL, I say I hope he tries and make that argument.

"I will sue you for making government more transparent"

LOL, I say I hope he tries and make that argument.
I wonder if Bill and Hillary sued the Secret Service worker who leaked all kinds of stories to the press after they were gone, like the one where Hillary threw the lamp at Bill and the one where Bill was regularly taking young cute women into the inner sanctum and closing the door....

Federal Employees swear to uphold the Constitution. They are not bound to be quiet about their actions while any president is in office. That is why we formed Civil Service

Ah, you completely missed every point made on here. Did you do that on purpose?

Of course, Federal employees are supposed to uphold the Constitution. They are not violating it by signing away their right to speak out.

There are numerous cases in which they are legally required to remain quiet, at least to pre-clear their public remarks.

Finally...

From the OP: "Trump's 2016 campaign team, transition team and political appointees are typically expected to sign a non-disclosure agreement, even if the legal foundations of such agreements are murky."​

... we aren't talking about the civil service, but about political appointees. That's three phrases, and three out of three times we see you traveling on wild-eyed tangents right into the underbrush.

Forum List

Back