Afghan women rally, turning men red-faced with anger

According to United States Department of Justice document Criminal Victimization in the United States, there were overall 191,670 victims of rape or sexual assault reported in 2005

1 of 6 U.S. women has experienced an attempted or completed rape. (according to Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault

wikipedia.org
Pathetic misdirection is pathetic.

Just admit you lied to us, Sunni. It's not like we don't know it anyway.

I just went to a sexual assault victim advocate training. Sunni's stats are correct. Why aren't you guys more concerned about rape in America?
What makes you think we're not?

But this thread is about oppression of women in an Islamic nation. Start another thread. If the subject makes you uncomfortable, stay out of this one.

According to United States Department of Justice document Criminal Victimization in the United States, there were overall 191,670 victims of rape or sexual assault reported in 2005

1 of 6 U.S. women has experienced an attempted or completed rape. (according to Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault

wikipedia.org

I just went to a sexual assault victim advocate training. Sunni's stats are correct. Why aren't you guys more concerned about rape in America?

Who said we are not? I definently think the sentences for rape need to go up, alot of these idiots are just getting slaps on the wrists nowadays but thats not what this thread is about.

But this thread is about oppression of women in an Islamic nation. Start another thread. If the subject makes you uncomfortable, stay out of this one.

Bullshit. I'm not going anywhere. I'm making a point. The point is you are more concerned with rape in Afghanistan than you are in the US.

You are picking a fight with Sunni because you hate all Muslims.

Bullshit. I'm not going anywhere. I'm making a point. The point is you are more concerned with rape in Afghanistan than you are in the US.

You are picking a fight with Sunni because you hate all Muslims.

This thread is about women in Afghanistan, not the US.:doubt:

Who said we are not? I definently think the sentences for rape need to go up, alot of these idiots are just getting slaps on the wrists nowadays but thats not what this thread is about.

Right. This thread is about baiting Sunni Man.

Excuse me? where does it say that in the OP? are we not allowed to make threads about Muslims now because someone might get offended?:doubt:

Excuse me? where does it say that in the OP? are we not allowed to make threads about Muslims now because someone might get offended?:doubt:

Come on. You know perfectly well the point of this thread is to point American Muslims on the defensive.

All women who are covered by a burka, are being raped of their freedom

Come on. You know perfectly well the point of this thread is to point American Muslims on the defensive.

How? the thread is about Muslim women in Afghanistan, where did anyone here insult them? what is said in the OP is true.

How? the thread is about Muslim women in Afghanistan, where did anyone here insult them? what is said in the OP is true.

You aren't discussing the OP, you're discussing Sunni's posts.

Yeah and?

You haven't listened to any of the women who claim they wear burqa and hajib for their own reasons.

Those women are going to say whatever they were brainwashed to say by their Imams.

Women in Europe want to wear the burqa and not be banned from doing so.

I'm all for supporting Afghan women to have equal rights and choices.

I'm a feminist, remember?

"Writers such as Leila Ahmed and Karen Armstrong have highlighted how the veil became a symbol of resistance to colonialism, particularly in Egypt in the latter part of the 19th century, and again today in the post-colonial period. In The Battle for God, Armstrong writes:

The veiled woman has, over the years, become a symbol of Islamic self-assertion and a rejection of Western cultural hegemony."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back