Muslems in the news.

Feb 22, 2011
Texas
Muslim Victim Asks Texas to Stop Execution of Man Who Shot Him
By CAMERON LANGFORD
ShareThis

AUSTIN (CN) - A Muslim man who was shot in the eye by a man whose sister died in the Sept. 11 attacks wants Texas stopped from executing the man on Wednesday. Mark Stroman is scheduled for execution for killing two other people after the 9/11 attacks; Rais Bhuiyan, a U.S. citizen, says he "wishes to seek reconciliation with Mark Stroman and to pursue full mediation with him."

Courthouse News Service

Herd this this morning on the radio. Cant find much more about it.

I googled this, of course it's nowhere to be found on any mainstream media source. A muslim doing something great like this is of no interest to them, this would slow the fearmongering agenda they all have.

The former pope did something like this when he was shot, MLK was always forgiving those who did him wrong, what this man is doing is the same thing in principle to these other instances.

• Banned
I googled this, of course it's nowhere to be found on any mainstream media source. A muslim doing something great like this is of no interest to them, this would slow the fearmongering agenda they all have.

The former pope did something like this when he was shot, MLK was always forgiving those who did him wrong, what this man is doing is the same thing in principle to these other instances.

Yeah, it was barely mentioned on the radio this morning. I will try and get some more up on it as I find it. I do believe he is scheduled to go tonight. You would think the guys who tried to save the life of a rapist and murderer could get this guy on national news.

• Banned
Houston News
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
A Victim of a Muslim Hate Crime Wants to Stop the Execution of a White Supremacist Who Nearly Killed Him After 9/11
Says Islam is a religion of forgiveness.
By JOE GOMEZ

Rais Bhuiyan, a Bangladeshi Muslim who was shot in the face by a white supremacist after the 9/11 terror attacks, has been working to stop the execution of the man who nearly killed him.

Mark Stroman is set to die by lethal injection today for killing two men during a shooting rampage that took place in the Dallas area, where Stroman targeted anyone who looked Arab. But Bhuiyan's attorney Khurrum Wahid says his client, the only survivor of the rampage, wants to forgive Stroman.

"In the Islamic faith if you forgive, that really means you forgive. You can't now want to exact some vengeance on that person and have the execution go forward."

Wahid says that he and his client are suing the state claiming that Bhuiyan's rights were violated when the state didn't respond to his requests for mediation with the shooter.

Meanwhile Quannel X a former national minister with the Nation of Islam says there should be no stay of execution for Stroman.

"I think that this man should be executed because it sends a message to other white supremacists that when you commit acts of hate you will be held to the fullest extent of the law," says X.

Stroman himself has also sought forgiveness for his crimes. A court hearing concerning Bhuiyan's suit is expected to take place later this morning.

Read more: A Victim of a Muslim Hate Crime Wants to Stop the Execution of a White Supremacist Who Nearly Killed Him After 9/11 - KTRH NewsTalk 740 Houston News, Weather, Traffic

• Banned
Crime
Rais Bhuiyan, Victim of Post-9/11 Shooting, to Sue the State to Try to Spare Attacker's Life
By Anna Merlan Thu., Jul. 14 2011 at 9:31 AM
Comments (51)
Categories: Crime, Legal Battles, Politics, The Courts
Share108
digg
Bhuiyanresized.jpg
​At 10 this morning on the steps of the Heman Marion Sweatt Travis County Courthouse, Rais Bhuiyan, who was shot in the face by white supremacist Mark Stroman as part of a post-September 11, 2001 shooting spree, will announce that he's filing suit today against Gov. Rick Perry and other state officials. The suit is a last-ditch effort to prevent Stroman's execution, which is scheduled for July 20 in Huntsville.

Rais Bhuiyan, Victim of Post-9/11 Shooting, to Sue the State to Try to Spare Attacker's Life - Dallas News - Unfair Park

It's not his call. Imagine if all victims were to determine the death penalty or not... That's not the way it works. For better or worse.

True, but what I find odd is this, the white power thug shot this man in the face, This Muslim man, his victim, is pleading for the dirt bags life. here is the positive story that is not making the news. Its wrong, and sad.

Forum List

Back