Afghan Massacre, Hasan and media lethargy

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
I was waiting for more information to become available, some pre- massacre particulars which have slipped out; number of deployments (4), frame of mind, some service record information, 3 tours no apparent issues, good performer in his job etc… etc etc ….we got those tastes before he lawyered up and the information we get now will all be massaged……not that there wasn’t a form of massaging going on, and by that I mean what now passes as the new normal- medias lackadaisical inquiry when something goes south over the last several years.

The information we had prior to counsel taking over and the comments by our Dept of Def. personnel right up to Panetta was basically left for dead, the media employed next to zero intellectual curiosity, performed poor follow up and were extraordinarily silent as in projecting/speculating scenarios, as to causation/motivation, why?

For example- PayBack.

I took a half hour and googled the heck out of media reports near and far, TV- print, and not one I could find ( that doesn’t mean they don’t exist it just means it didn’t show up in my search, if you can provide some I would be most grateful in fact) speculated that these killings, performed by a SSgt on his 4th tour to the ME ( first to Afghanistan) which he fought strenuously to avoid it appears, was a result of his blowing up at the heavily negative environment he found himself in, to wit that just a week earlier trusted Afghanis in American compounds were executing Americans ( shots to the back of the head at their desks) over the Koran issue ( they all got away to boot) and the heinousness of those particular actions aside from the actions out in the hinterlands just put him over the top, combined of course with the multiple tours, not great financial situation at home as he has had home ownership issues like many in the country.

Ergo, repeated deployments, financial hardship and watching his comrades take it in the back….by the very same folks he has put it all on the line to protect ….he had a few beers , said to himself, ‘ fuck this shit, haji’s gonna pay’ and headed out….this is some big leap?

Its certainly worth considering isn’t it?

Of course even a high school year book reporter would be struck by several lines of simple inquiry, that would then lead to questions (and here is the rub), that would prove embarrassing to the present Admin. i.e.; Afghanistan became the good war, paving the way for Obama if he wished carry on there, which he did, effectively taking ownership of the theater ala The Surge of 33K troops, his subsequent replacement of Mcrystal etc. *shrugs*

Example-

Where was the coverage of Sec. of Def discussing a possible death sentence for Major Hasan? Oh wait, he didn’t.....

Yet here, the Sec of Def. Panetta is just THREE days after the event speculating on punishment and mentions the death penalty and its not as if you had to pull this out of him…..and wheres the beef? see? that’s the point isn’t it?

Now, all reasonable people here know I can could fill this forum with media ‘articles’ and op-eds speaking to a plethora of and utterly boundless (and let it be said) certainly , genuine valid lines of speculation that were published and aired by networks and cable outlets vis a vis- Gitmo stories ( that never panned out) , Abu Ghraib, Wire Tapping, Rendition, Military Commission Act, Walter Reed Hospital etc etc etc…

So- where is the media connecting those dots? I am just some jammie wearing basement dweller waiting on grammies cocoa and I have somehow scooped the combined firepower of the NY Times, LA Times, WA. Post, Cnn etc etc etc .. ??

he had part of his foot blown off and a head injury that came in the same inccident.

The man had undiagnosed PTSD.

That is where his country failed him.

He should NOT have been redeployed.

How many times did your Precious Bush redeploy PTSD people?

a) you don't know what he had or has...and I doubt will will know now , the lawyers are involved and the bog green machine is rolling......................

redeployed?

b)no shit Sherlock, why do you think I posted this?

so ask yourself, why isn't this a daily topic in the media NOW?

come on tell me hwy, live up to your name for once....

My precious 'Bush'? I'm a male dummy.

he had part of his foot blown off and a head injury that came in the same inccident.

Bush? Bush hasn't been in office in years, since 2009 all deployed people sent to Afghanistan were sent by the Obama administration.:cuckoo:

Bush? Bush hasn't been in office in years, since 2009 all deployed people sent to Afghanistan were sent by the Obama administration.:cuckoo:

Obama inherited Afghanistan.

It's like a company a child inherits from his folks.

It doesn't matter how badly he screws up the company, it's the parent's fault for giving it to him.

Btw, a good man takes responsibliity.

A jerk looks for scapegoats.

Obama inherited Afghanistan.

It's like a company a child inherits from his folks.

It doesn't matter how badly he screws up the company, it's the parent's fault for giving it to him.

Btw, a good man takes responsibliity.

A jerk looks for scapegoats.

Obama made that war his by putting a surge in place and increasing our involvement there, he definently owns Afghanistan now, under Bush we barely had like 10,000 troops there.

Obama made that war his by putting a surge in place and increasing our involvement there, he definently owns Afghanistan now, under Bush we barely had like 10,000 troops there.

Yeah, he was a dumb shit, wasn't he? If he was going to give up, why not leave 9 years ago? :cuckoo:

Yeah, he was a dumb shit, wasn't he? If he was going to give up, why not leave 9 years ago? :cuckoo:

well obama has no problem advertising his Iraq 'redployment', as in leaving.I would have sppted his non deployment of the surge forces and said so here before he made his decision, and I took bush to task, here, in the open for what may be a grand strategic blunder of unimaginable proportions ala the Iraq venture.

Either way, you cannot get half pregnant, he sent them, Afghanistan is his baby now. All of it...but apparently hes not open to the same type of media admonitions and hand wringing coverage that Bush had to withstand.

Forum List

Back