Another fat leftist lies! Say it ain't so.

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
Mike Daisy the obese Michael Moore wannabe broke a blockbuster story about Apple factories in China, violation of worker's rights and use of minors in the factories.

The only thing is. Not a word of it was true. Daisy says the fault lies with antiquated notions of objective journalism. His interviews with the likes of Bill Maher are just Theater.

'This American Life' Retraction: Mike Daisey Told Chris Hayes That He Has A 'Complicated' Notion Of Truth In His Work (VIDEO)

The radio program suddenly announced Friday that it could no longer stand by a story it had run in January. The story mainly consisted of an excerpt from a monologue by actor Mike Daisey, who went to China to investigate the working conditions of Apple's factories. "TAL" devoted a large chunk of the show to its fact-checking process, saying it had examined Daisey's claims very thoroughly.

However, host Ira Glass said on Friday that Daisey had lied to them about the veracity of all of his claims.

What's not true?

Foxconn had such terrible working conditions, kids were killing themselves there. They had to put up nets around the windows.

I've been in China..

What's not true?

Foxconn had such terrible working conditions, kids were killing themselves there. They had to put up nets around the windows.

I've been in China..

Mike Daisy(chain) retracted his entire fabricated story.

well I guess that means you now what to condem mr O'Keefe for his lies too?

What's not true?

I've been in China..

That's a lie, and since it is a lie, you have delightfully joined Mike Daisey as someone who has misrepresented parts of this story.

What's not true?

I've been in China..

Oh cool.

I unfabricate one for you.

Foxconn had terrible working conditions. As does most of China. Last time I was there, I saw new construction going up. And a shanty town near that construction. It was made by the workers so they didn't have to go home after working their impossibly long hours.

Interestingly enough, even Apple admits that they can't make their products here in the US because it would be too expensive, and they wouldn't be able to re-tool as fast as they do in China.

Oh yeah.........there's also the 16 hour workday with no overtime thingie as well.

btw, all you need to know about the intelligence of the OP is that moments after he was posting in the OTHER thread already discussing this,

he goes and starts this new thread on the exact same topic.

btw, all you need to know about the intelligence of the OP is that moments after he was posting in the OTHER thread already discussing this,

No you have it reversed. I didn't notice the other thread. Whoever is in charge of merging should take care of it. Make your suggestion to them.

No you have it reversed. I didn't notice the other thread. Whoever is in charge of merging should take care of it. Make your suggestion to them.

You are absolutely correct. By 10 minutes. I humbly apologize.

Forum List

Back