Affordable Healthcare Act Premium Calculator Tells Your Mandatory Monthly Premium

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
Tens of millions of people's jaws already have or will hit the ground when they find out what their monthly mandatory premium will be for Obamacare if they don't have insurance through their employers. I was curious and entered my numbers in the ACA calculator and was flabbergasted at what I would have to pay. I have a feeling that bankruptcy attorneys are going to get rich because of this.

Find out what you will have to pay here:
Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Last edited:
Tens of millions of people's jaws are going to hit the ground when they find out what their monthly mandatory premium will be if they don't have insurance through their employers. I was curious and entered my numbers in the ACA calculator and was flabbergasted at what I would have to pay. I have a feeling that bankruptcy attorneys are going to get rich.

OK, Birther, I'll bite.

How much did it say you will have to pay? You were flabbergasted, huh?

Details, please.

95% if Americans get their insurance from their employer. Individuals shopping on state marketplaces are finding lower premiums than they were paying before. Those that didn't have insurance may be finding themselves suffering from "sticker shock" but it's nothing compared to what we, the taxpayer, had been paying for their care.

As with all the kinds of scams it will be the people right above the subsidy cutoff that will take one for the team. Running some numbers, an individual with no dependents, and an income of 35k will be forced to spend over $3000/year on shitty, overpriced insurance.

But at least the insurance industry will get it's pound of flesh. Fuck Congress. Fuck Obama. Fuck Roberts. Corporate whores all.

Last edited:
95% if Americans get their insurance from their employer. Individuals shopping on state marketplaces are finding lower premiums than they were paying before. Those that didn't have insurance may be finding themselves suffering from "sticker shock" but it's nothing compared to what we, the taxpayer, had been paying for their care.

Link?

Tens of millions of people's jaws are going to hit the ground when they find out what their monthly mandatory premium will be if they don't have insurance through their employers. I was curious and entered my numbers in the ACA calculator and was flabbergasted at what I would have to pay. I have a feeling that bankruptcy attorneys are going to get rich.

OK, Birther, I'll bite.

Details, please.

I put in a household income of $150,000 with two persons in mid-fifties, one a smoker, and one 24 year old non-smoker; the premium for a Silver plan with max out of pocket of $12,700 is $20,621 per year. An employer plan with the same individuals and a max of $3,500 out of pocket costs about $15,000.

We don't want those who have not had insurance (healthy, sick, lame, lazy, crazy, etc) to continue being parasites on the rest of us when they get hurt or sick and up at ER and need continuing care.

This is an important step in national maturity.

We the People will reform it as needed and necessary.

What won't happen is this: we won't go backwards.

OK, Birther, I'll bite.

Details, please.

$1,332/month or $15,985 per year for just my wife and myself

Tens of millions of people's jaws already have or will hit the ground when they find out what their monthly mandatory premium will be for Obamacare if they don't have insurance through their employers. I was curious and entered my numbers in the ACA calculator and was flabbergasted at what I would have to pay. I have a feeling that bankruptcy attorneys are going to get rich because of this.

F*** it.

I have medical insurance. But with the tendency to drop the coverage it will eventually go the drain and this crap will cost me 5 times more
and I am absolutely healthy, not overweight, don't smoke or take any medications.
$4,935 per year which is TWICE as much as I pay now, my current deductible is 2000$ - this is PPO, includes both dental and eye insurance.
Your out-of-pocket maximum for a Silver plan (not including the premium) can be no more than $12,700 :eek:

FUCK OBAMACARE

Last edited:
vox, you are making an assertion the which you have no way of estimating, guesstimating, or gestating its delivery date.

Step off, faker.

F*** it.

I have medical insurance. But with the tendency to drop the coverage it will eventually go the drain and this crap will cost me 5 times more
and I am absolutely healthy, not overweight, don't smoke or take any medications.

Right now my job pays 100% of my premiums

I'm about to change jobs. I hope they do the same.
I'm an overweight smoking diabetic, so.......
:redface:

So what's the plan when employers figure out it's cheaper to just pay the fine and let the employee figure out where the insurance going to come from? That is the next step in all of this: employers getting out of insurance altogether.

OK, Birther, I'll bite.

Details, please.

$1,332/month or $15,985 per year for just my wife and myself

Details, please.

vox, you are making an assertion the which you have no way of estimating, guesstimating, or gestating its delivery date.

Step off, faker.

fakey, you idiot - the OP posted the CALCULATOR.

learn to read, imbecile

So what's the plan when employers figure out it's cheaper to just pay the fine and let the employee figure out where the insurance going to come from? That is the next step in all of this: employers getting out of insurance altogether.

Which is fine, as far as that goes. Insurance should never have been pushed onto them in the first place. The problem is that we've let the insurance industry merge with government, and they now have the power to force us to buy their shit. Civil disobedience will be the only way to fight this fucker.

Link?

the idiot leftard thinks that what was before obamacare is going to stay with obamacare.

I have insurance and it is pretty good one.
But the tendency is to drop the coverage - and in 2 years 95% will turn to 25% and in 5 years ( if this crap stays) - into 0% covered through work

Forum List

Back