Affordable Healthcare Act Premium Calculator Tells Your Mandatory Monthly Premium

Tens of millions of people's jaws are going to hit the ground when they find out what their monthly mandatory premium will be if they don't have insurance through their employers. I was curious and entered my numbers in the ACA calculator and was flabbergasted at what I would have to pay. I have a feeling that bankruptcy attorneys are going to get rich.

Find out what you will have to pay here:
Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

OK, Birther, I'll bite.

How much did it say you will have to pay? You were flabbergasted, huh?

Details, please.

I put in a household income of $150,000 with two persons in mid-fifties, one a smoker, and one 24 year old non-smoker; the premium for a Silver plan with max out of pocket of $12,700 is $20,621 per year. An employer plan with the same individuals and a max of $3,500 out of pocket costs about $15,000.

Well...if you have access to that employer SPONSORED plan, which the employer is subsidizing for you ( in lieu of salary ) I suggest that you keep it. It is a nice perk. Unless your employer tells you to eat shit, you should be fine.

If you do not have access to that employer plan.....please compare apples to apples and tell us what an individual plan would cost you.

95% if Americans get their insurance from their employer. Individuals shopping on state marketplaces are finding lower premiums than they were paying before. Those that didn't have insurance may be finding themselves suffering from "sticker shock" but it's nothing compared to what we, the taxpayer, had been paying for their care.

So what's the plan when employers figure out it's cheaper to just pay the fine and let the employee figure out where the insurance going to come from? That is the next step in all of this: employers getting out of insurance altogether.

THAT IS THE PLAN - do you think the pushers of this crap did not know what it will turned to?

Tens of millions of people's jaws already have or will hit the ground when they find out what their monthly mandatory premium will be for Obamacare if they don't have insurance through their employers. I was curious and entered my numbers in the ACA calculator and was flabbergasted at what I would have to pay. I have a feeling that bankruptcy attorneys are going to get rich because of this.

F*** it.

I have medical insurance. But with the tendency to drop the coverage it will eventually go the drain and this crap will cost me 5 times more
and I am absolutely healthy, not overweight, don't smoke or take any medications.

Right now my job pays 100% of my premiums

I'm about to change jobs. I hope they do the same.
I'm an overweight smoking diabetic, so.......
:redface:

I can guarantee you that is this crap stays in 5 years we all will be dropped out by employer.

$1,332/month or $15,985 per year for just my wife and myself

Details, please.

SSN and bank account?
jerk off.

go to the calculator and check yourself.

You have a very disagreeable personality. Normally, I don't care one way or the other. But.....in your case it is combined with a very limited intellect and an acute inability to express yourself in English.

If I thought I could put up with having to decipher your jibberish, I would spend a few minutes mocking your silly ass. There are other dummies here who I can actually understand. Why waste any more time on you?

That calculator is a guestimate. There hasn't been any official data released. Scary as that is.

Details, please.

SSN and bank account?
jerk off.

You have a very disagreeable personality. Normally, I don't care one way or the other. But.....in your case it is combined with a very limited intellect and an acute inability to express yourself in English.

If I thought I could put up with having to decipher your jibberish, I would spend a few minutes mocking your silly ass. There are other dummies here who I can actually understand. Why waste any more time on you?

I don't provide information for retarded lazy leftists who are not able to click on the link themselves.

do the job yourself, for once :lol:

95% if Americans get their insurance from their employer. Individuals shopping on state marketplaces are finding lower premiums than they were paying before. Those that didn't have insurance may be finding themselves suffering from "sticker shock" but it's nothing compared to what we, the taxpayer, had been paying for their care.

So what's the plan when employers figure out it's cheaper to just pay the fine and let the employee figure out where the insurance going to come from? That is the next step in all of this: employers getting out of insurance altogether.

Which is fine, as far as that goes. Insurance should never have been pushed onto them in the first place. The problem is that we've let the insurance industry merge with government, and they now have the power to force us to buy their shit. Civil disobedience will be the only way to fight this fucker.

To bad they'll just tie it into other withholding taxes or take it right out of our bank accounts.

There's a pretty sizable American expat community in Costa Rica. I'm seriously thinking about heading down that way.

SSN and bank account?
jerk off.

I don't provide information for retarded lazy leftists who are not able to click on the link themselves.

You are an asshole. He gave the amount and the number of people. That is not enough info. I have used the calculator to estimate the average American family's costs. Have you?

Try harder.

You are an asshole. He gave the amount and the number of people. That is not enough info. I have used the calculator to estimate the average American family's costs. Have you?

Try harder.

fuck off, loser
there is no such thing as an "average American family".

he posted HIS figures I posted mine, you can check yours.

but you are too lazy or afraid that the figures will show your idol LIED :lol:

Last edited:

Try harder.

fuck off, loser

You mean....winner...right?

Take a look at the link in my next post. It pretty much substitutes for a boot right in your fat ass.

Advice: Make sure you understand what someone says before you comment.

Take a look at the link in my next post. It pretty much substitutes for a boot right in your fat ass.

No, it does not.

not everybody is subsidized, because not everybody is lazy sucker like yourself :lol:

and address you advice to yourself as well - you did not even know there was a calculator until I served it to you on a plate, "winner" :lol:

Last edited:
OK, Birther, I'll bite.

How much did it say you will have to pay? You were flabbergasted, huh?

Details, please.

I put in a household income of $150,000 with two persons in mid-fifties, one a smoker, and one 24 year old non-smoker; the premium for a Silver plan with max out of pocket of $12,700 is $20,621 per year. An employer plan with the same individuals and a max of $3,500 out of pocket costs about $15,000.

Well...if you have access to that employer SPONSORED plan, which the employer is subsidizing for you ( in lieu of salary ) I suggest that you keep it. It is a nice perk. Unless your employer tells you to eat shit, you should be fine.

If you do not have access to that employer plan.....please compare apples to apples and tell us what an individual plan would cost you.

You know, I was just reporting what the calculator provided. I haven't a clue what an individual policy would cost; I have worked without interruption since I was 16, about 40 years, and have never had an employer who didn't think I was worth a provided health plan. But if those who are currently on an employer plan are dropped and face that kind of an increase, I think you can be sure there will be lot of unhappy people. And if $20,621 plus $12,700 (total of $33,321) for a family of three is "affordable", it's no wonder so many are choosing to go without.

As for my employer telling me to eat shit, it seems unlikely, but thanks for your concern.

No, it does not.

not everybody is subsidized, because not everybody is lazy sucker like yourself :lol:

and address you advice to yourself as well - you did not even know there was a calculator until I served it to you on a plate, "winner" :lol:

Of course I did. You are unable to comprehend English. I have probably linked to that calculator in previous posts here. You idiot.

Now...the lazy sucker comment.....

Would you like to tell me what you think I do for a living and what my financial situation is? Have you any idea?

No they aren't stop spoutig bullshit.....the Exchanges aren't even up and running yet dumbass.

You know, I was just reporting what the calculator provided. I haven't a clue what an individual policy would cost; I have worked without interruption since I was 16, about 40 years, and have never had an employer who didn't think I was worth a provided health plan. But if those who are currently on an employer plan are dropped and face that kind of an increase, I think you can be sure there will be lot of unhappy people. And if $20,621 plus $12,700 (total of $33,321) for a family of three is "affordable", it's no wonder so many are choosing to go without.

As for my employer telling me to eat shit, it seems unlikely, but thanks for your concern.

So...you have that employer sponsored plan? Good. You appear to be able to keep it. Fantastic. Your employer is concerned for you and has a business plan that considers that fact. Excellent.

Unless you can establish that a family like yours who currently has no insurance would have to pay more under the ACA than they would for an individual plan....you have made ABSOLUTELY NO POINT.

Thanks for trying though.

Last edited:
Tens of millions of people's jaws already have or will hit the ground when they find out what their monthly mandatory premium will be for Obamacare if they don't have insurance through their employers. I was curious and entered my numbers in the ACA calculator and was flabbergasted at what I would have to pay. I have a feeling that bankruptcy attorneys are going to get rich because of this.

These numbers are based on a estimated national average, the nubers its giving are meaningless.

As with all the kinds of scams it will be the people right above the subsidy cutoff that will take one for the team. Running some numbers, an individual with no dependents, and an income of 35k will be forced to spend over $3000/year on shitty, overpriced insurance.

But at least the insurance industry will get it's pound of flesh. Fuck Congress. Fuck Obama. Fuck Roberts. Corporate whores all.

As with all the kinds of scams it will be the people right above the subsidy cutoff that will take one for the team

Absolutely true...and to qualify for the catastrophic plan they will have to fill out an 11 page app and have a credit check run on them..by the IRS

Forum List

Back