Affordable Healthcare Act Premium Calculator Tells Your Mandatory Monthly Premium

95% if Americans get their insurance from their employer. Individuals shopping on state marketplaces are finding lower premiums than they were paying before. Those that didn't have insurance may be finding themselves suffering from "sticker shock" but it's nothing compared to what we, the taxpayer, had been paying for their care.

No they aren't stop spoutig bullshit.....the Exchanges aren't even up and running yet dumbass.

http://www.californiahealthline.org...nges-competitive-premiums-lower-than-expected

95% if Americans get their insurance from their employer. Individuals shopping on state marketplaces are finding lower premiums than they were paying before. Those that didn't have insurance may be finding themselves suffering from "sticker shock" but it's nothing compared to what we, the taxpayer, had been paying for their care.

No they aren't stop spoutig bullshit.....the Exchanges aren't even up and running yet dumbass.

Studies: Exchanges Competitive, Premiums 'Lower Than Expected' - California Healthline

Pssst, the Exchanges are not open yet.

From your source....

According to the findings, the average premium for a 21-year-old buying a mid-range policy will be about $270 per month, before taking into account the law's subsidies

What this doesn't tell you is that they were paying around 100 BEFORE compliance.

Well...if you have access to that employer SPONSORED plan, which the employer is subsidizing for you ( in lieu of salary ) I suggest that you keep it. It is a nice perk. Unless your employer tells you to eat shit, you should be fine.

If you do not have access to that employer plan.....please compare apples to apples and tell us what an individual plan would cost you.

You know, I was just reporting what the calculator provided. I haven't a clue what an individual policy would cost; I have worked without interruption since I was 16, about 40 years, and have never had an employer who didn't think I was worth a provided health plan. But if those who are currently on an employer plan are dropped and face that kind of an increase, I think you can be sure there will be lot of unhappy people. And if $20,621 plus $12,700 (total of $33,321) for a family of three is "affordable", it's no wonder so many are choosing to go without.

As for my employer telling me to eat shit, it seems unlikely, but thanks for your concern.

So...you have that employer sponsored plan? Good. You appear to be able to keep it. Fantastic. Your employer is concerned for you and has a business plan that considers that fact. Excellent.

Unless you can establish that a family like yours who currently has no insurance would have to pay more under the ACA than they would for an individual plan....you have made ABSOLUTELY NO POINT.

Thanks for trying though.

As you haven't provided any evidence that your "average family" would pay more than the $11,547 unsubsidized premium in your example. So your point is absolutely as worthless. If the goal was simply to subsidize premiums, the rest of this 2,000 page bill is also pointless; that could have been accomplished in a 2 page subsidy bill.

Anecdotally, I wrote a 32 year old today who is paying 96.20 until Jan 1...it then jumps to 229

Caroline Pearson, vice president of Avalere, said, "We are seeing competitive offerings in every market if you buy toward the low end of what's availableHowever, she added that for people who currently do not have coverage, "this is still a big cost that they're expected to fit into their budgets."

ONLY the low end plans will have lower premiums....and as the "study" noted it's still not affordable.

Pearson also said that the premiums in the states the study examined will be "quite representative" of premiums in other states because the study noted certain clear pricing patterns.

An assumption not supported by the facts...average INCREASE here is about 200%, sorry.

I'm living it every day, I know the emperor has no clothes.

We were informed today that is was 80/20 AGAINST the Exchanges being ready for Oct 1.

You know, I was just reporting what the calculator provided. I haven't a clue what an individual policy would cost; I have worked without interruption since I was 16, about 40 years, and have never had an employer who didn't think I was worth a provided health plan. But if those who are currently on an employer plan are dropped and face that kind of an increase, I think you can be sure there will be lot of unhappy people. And if $20,621 plus $12,700 (total of $33,321) for a family of three is "affordable", it's no wonder so many are choosing to go without.

As for my employer telling me to eat shit, it seems unlikely, but thanks for your concern.

So...you have that employer sponsored plan? Good. You appear to be able to keep it. Fantastic. Your employer is concerned for you and has a business plan that considers that fact. Excellent.

Unless you can establish that a family like yours who currently has no insurance would have to pay more under the ACA than they would for an individual plan....you have made ABSOLUTELY NO POINT.

As you haven't provided any evidence that your "average family" would pay more than the $11,547 unsubsidized premium in your example. So your point is absolutely as worthless. If the goal was simply to subsidize premiums, the rest of this 2,000 page bill is also pointless; that could have been accomplished in a 2 page subsidy bill.

Man...you really want to be against this law, don't you.

Before this law was passed....that family....two mid-50's adults with a smoker and a 24 y/o......could not even have gotten a fucking policy.

The 24 y/o would be too old to be on the policy.

Lets forget that...and pretend that the 24 y/o was eligible. There are no plans outside of the proposed exchanges that this family could purchase for less than 12k per year which would provide anything more than basic catastrophic coverage

The ACA Silver plan is a decent, middle of the road plan with a host of benefits that were not included in any comparatively priced individual plan. Period.

Count your blessings. You have good employer. Stop looking for things to dislike.

We don't want those who have not had insurance (healthy, sick, lame, lazy, crazy, etc) to continue being parasites on the rest of us when they get hurt or sick and up at ER and need continuing care.

This is an important step in national maturity.

We the People will reform it as needed and necessary.

What won't happen is this: we won't go backwards.

Why do you think health care costs have been skyrocketing for years? The people who use the emergency room as their family doctor end up sticking the tax payers for their visit. Use your head!

We don't want those who have not had insurance (healthy, sick, lame, lazy, crazy, etc) to continue being parasites on the rest of us when they get hurt or sick and up at ER and need continuing care.

Why do you think health care costs have been skyrocketing for years? The people who use the emergency room as their family doctor end up sticking the tax payers for their visit. Use your head!

Re-read. You agree with Jake here.

Not to mention that since those analyses came out at the beginning of September, more states have released rates that are lower than those in the states examined. It's been quite a month. A few recent stories:

Minnesota claims lowest ObamaCare rates in US
Officials in Minnesota said Friday that their state's ObamaCare exchange will offer the lowest premiums in the country when it comes online next month.

Data: Iowa insurance Exchange Will Offer Low Premiums
Newly released rate information on Iowa’s health care marketplace shows the state will offer some of the lowest premiums in the country.

Ark. Insurance Dept. announces premium rates for Health Insurance Marketplace
"Over the last few months, the Arkansas Insurance Department carefully evaluated the reasonableness of the premium rates submitted for plans to be sold on the Health Insurance Marketplace," said actuary David Dillon. He said the resultant change in premiums is generally lower than what was expected by independent forecasters.

"The average approved rate in the individual market is approximately 10% below what was projected by the Society of Actuaries," stated Dillon. Dillon stated this comparison includes adjustments to account for the fact that the State of Arkansas was the only state that created a "Private Option" for those Arkansans newly eligible for Medicaid.

Analysis: Obamacare exchanges will push Anthem's premiums lower
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Indiana expects the premiums it charges on the health insurance exchanges being created by Obamacare to be slightly less than they would have been without the law.

That’s the conclusion of an analysis of Anthem’s rate filing with the Indiana Department of Insurance by Indianapolis-based consulting firm HealthCare Options Inc.

OK, Birther, I'll bite.

How much did it say you will have to pay? You were flabbergasted, huh?

Details, please.

$1,332/month or $15,985 per year for just my wife and myself

Details, please.

My dad was dead before I knew how much money he made.
I don't discuss salaries

But I've already mentioned that I'm an overweight smoking diabetic
My wife a disabled (with no benefits) diabetic, Parkinson's, COPD, etc....

Can't wait to see how much that will add up to if my upcoming job pays considerably more than this one (which I'm negotiating now)

$1,332/month or $15,985 per year for just my wife and myself

Details, please.

I don't discuss salaries

Can't wait to see how much that will add up to if my upcoming job pays considerably more than this one (which I'm negotiating now)

None of this is pertinent info unless you tell us what you would pay on the open market without the ACA.

A diabetic couple would not be able to get coverage for the diabetes before this law was passed. Does that fact sink in?

Details, please.

I don't discuss salaries

None of this is pertinent info unless you tell us what you would pay on the open market without the ACA.

A diabetic couple would not be able to get coverage for the diabetes before this law was passed. Does that fact sink in?

Yes, I understand pre-existing conditions.
Never said the entire ACA was a failure.
We could have done this in small pieces over time and did it right instead of the "pass it so we know what's in it" bullshit.

Last time I priced HC, for both of us, was about 7 years ago. I wasn;t diagnosed with diabetes yet but wife had everything and it was +/- $500-550 per month
Considerably less that $15k

Man...you really want to be against this law, don't you.

Before this law was passed....that family....two mid-50's adults with a smoker and a 24 y/o......could not even have gotten a fucking policy.

The 24 y/o would be too old to be on the policy.

Lets forget that...and pretend that the 24 y/o was eligible. There are no plans outside of the proposed exchanges that this family could purchase for less than 12k per year which would provide anything more than basic catastrophic coverage

The ACA Silver plan is a decent, middle of the road plan with a host of benefits that were not included in any comparatively priced individual plan. Period.

Count your blessings. You have good employer. Stop looking for things to dislike.

Before this law was passed, you could not be denied coverage under HIPAA if you had at least 18 months of creditable coverage without a significant break (more than 63 days). So one who had maintained their coverage throughout (as any responsible person should) would not have had any problem with getting or keeping a policy. As for the cost, that is still unknown for your example as for mine, since you still have not provided a shred of evidence as to the cost of an individual policy under prior law to compare to your "average family". Moreover, the 24 year old that is currently eligible is not free; the plan with only spousal coverage is only $10,000. The law only requires that they be allowed to stay on the policy, not that they be included. And no, I don't necessarily want to be "against the law"; the discussion is whether the law is providing more affordable insurance, before subsidies. You have not succeeded in proving that it does, and I have serious doubts that it will. As you seem to be getting increasingly aggressive, I'll leave it at that.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Take a look at the link in my next post. It pretty much substitutes for a boot right in your fat ass.

Advice: Make sure you understand what someone says before you comment.

No, it does not.

not everybody is subsidized, because not everybody is lazy sucker like yourself :lol:

and address you advice to yourself as well - you did not even know there was a calculator until I served it to you on a plate, "winner" :lol:

Of course I did. You are unable to comprehend English. I have probably linked to that calculator in previous posts here. You idiot.

Now...the lazy sucker comment.....

Would you like to tell me what you think I do for a living and what my financial situation is? Have you any idea?

No, you did not, otherwise you won't demand details and explanations - calculator is pretty explanatory by itself.

I could not care less what do you do for a living. It was YOU who posted the figure of 52K per year for two adults aged 40 and two kids.
you also insisted on the subsidies for insurance premiums.
There is always a reason someone posts some specific figures - and it is usually their own.
So if you consider 52K pr year to make a huge impression on me - you are mistaken

and if you want to do a damage control and pretend that you make eight figures - it won't help - because then you won't be putting those subsidies as if they will cover everybody.

But they are dear FOR YOU.
Understandable, as is also understandable why are you defending this crap altogether.
Personal reasons are always the most important :D

Still does not make this shit a.k.a obamacare anything better than fucking crap.

Last edited:

Yup. Read my post again.

So what's the plan when employers figure out it's cheaper to just pay the fine and let the employee figure out where the insurance going to come from? That is the next step in all of this: employers getting out of insurance altogether.

Which is fine, as far as that goes. Insurance should never have been pushed onto them in the first place. The problem is that we've let the insurance industry merge with government, and they now have the power to force us to buy their shit. Civil disobedience will be the only way to fight this fucker.

To bad they'll just tie it into other withholding taxes or take it right out of our bank accounts.

There's a pretty sizable American expat community in Costa Rica. I'm seriously thinking about heading down that way.

Been thinking along the same lines myself. My kids are looking at getting out. The chickenshits have a way of polluting anything good, given enough time.

Forum List

Back