Admire the Efficiency and Efficacy: The $1,300 Mission to Fell ACORN

Had you truly studied and investigated ACORN you would agree with him. It's clear that you really did not do any but the most cursory inspection.

Calling the Mob corrupt was stupid is my point.
It's corrupt by definition, because often it corrupts legitimate enterprises such as unions, for one example. It cloaks itself in legitimate enterprise.

And its leadership is corrupt, like any other criminal.

I AGREE with you however, that comparing Organized Crime to ACORN is invalid if you're throwing in violence and murder. So far as we know, ACORN doesn't have any bodies buried. Yet.

The point was, ACORN is as insidious and as dangerous as Organized Crime, but I believe that is so because it IS a crime organization.

The beauty of this? It shows ABC, See BS, NBC, PMSNBC, CNBC, CNN are just in the tank for OBAMA. To be UPSTAGED by folks with limited means? DOING what these so-called "NETWORKS" profess to care of? [Honest indepth Journalism]?

Their hand has been called.

Except this story has nothing to do with Obama. What will be your reaction if Obama cuts off funding for ACORN? I'm sure it will be similar to Midnight's "he's just throwing another person/group under the bus." No matter what he does, even if some of you agree with it, you will find some way to bash him.

It's corrupt by definition, because often it corrupts legitimate enterprises such as unions, for one example. It cloaks itself in legitimate enterprise.

I AGREE with you however, that comparing Organized Crime to ACORN is invalid if you're throwing in violence and murder. So far as we know, ACORN doesn't have any bodies buried. Yet.

The point was, ACORN is as insidious and as dangerous as Organized Crime, but I believe that is so because it IS a crime organization.

Using your example, that would make the UNIONS corrupt, not the Mob. The Mob itself is an entity full of criminals who are willing to break the laws to suit their needs.

Calling ACORN as dangerous as Organized Crime (The Mob) is ignorance on your part of not knowing the history of the mob and just how far their tentacles have reached. Seriously, the Italian Mob makes what ACORN done look like child play.

You talk about Government funding for ACORN, how about the CIA paying the Mob?

The beauty of this? It shows ABC, See BS, NBC, PMSNBC, CNBC, CNN are just in the tank for OBAMA. To be UPSTAGED by folks with limited means? DOING what these so-called "NETWORKS" profess to care of? [Honest indepth Journalism]?

Except this story has nothing to do with Obama.
Yes it does. It has everything to do with him. He said it himself, many times both during and before his Presidential campaign, that ACORN and other community organizer groups would be helping him "shape his agenda." He paid them half a million bucks to canvass for him, and they endorsed him. (Which a non-profit isn't legally allowed to do.) Study.
What will be your reaction if Obama cuts off funding for ACORN? I'm sure it will be similar to Midnight's "he's just throwing another person/group under the bus." No matter what he does, even if some of you agree with it, you will find some way to bash him.
He HAS to sign that bill. He knows that. Right now, they are figuring out how to still get public dollars to ACORN through one of its many hydra heads, and/or tentacles. Americorps comes to mind.

Anyone thinking this deal of cutting off public funds to ACORN is anything but a version of the shell and pea game, hasn't been paying much attention.

Last edited:

Using your example, that would make the UNIONS corrupt, not the Mob. The Mob itself is an entity full of criminals who are willing to break the laws to suit their needs.

Calling ACORN as dangerous as Organized Crime (The Mob) is ignorance on your part of not knowing the history of the mob and just how far their tentacles have reached. Seriously, the Italian Mob makes what ACORN done look like child play.
This thread isn't about the Italian Mob. It's about an organized crime organization cloaked as a legitimate helper of the poor getting OUR taxpayer dollars and using it to fund criminal enterprises.

ACORN IS as insidious and as dangerous as organized crime. Mainly because unlike Mob families, it flew under the radar for decades, and has NO real chance of ever being properly investigated. While it wasn't MY analogy if you'll recall, I agree with it, with provisos.

This thread isn't about the Italian Mob. It's about an organized crime organization cloaked as a legitimate helper of the poor getting OUR taxpayer dollars and using it to fund criminal enterprises.

ACORN IS as insidious and as dangerous as organized crime. Mainly because unlike Mob families, it flew under the radar for decades, and has NO real chance of ever being properly investigated. While it wasn't MY analogy if you'll recall, I agree with it, with provisos.

Your right, this thread isn't about that, however I call BULLSHIT when I see it. ACORN with the mounting evidence would be a crappy organization that was corrupt. However, to compare them to the Mob is insanity.

There are no provisos here, this is taking what he said, and judging it based on that. You cry that I'm ignorant, while showing it yourself. I understand that you hate ACORN, and I hate groups like this too. They make real non-profit groups trying to help people legally look bad. HOWEVER, just because you want to equate them with some of the worst criminals this country has ever seen is not only ridiculous but untrue. What's next? Going to compare them to Al-Qaeda? :eusa_eh:

Frank's comment was a hyperbole. Trust me, by admitting that it was stupid to say will not make ACORN a great group. Seriously, I would suggest taking a step back and just thinking about what you're agreeing with.

Last edited:

Except this story has nothing to do with Obama.
Yes it does. It has everything to do with him. He said it himself, many times both during and before his Presidential campaign, that ACORN and other community organizer groups would be helping him "shape his agenda." He paid them half a million bucks to canvass for him, and they endorsed him. (Which a non-profit isn't legally allowed to do.) Study.
What will be your reaction if Obama cuts off funding for ACORN? I'm sure it will be similar to Midnight's "he's just throwing another person/group under the bus." No matter what he does, even if some of you agree with it, you will find some way to bash him.
He HAS to sign that bill. He knows that. Right now, they are figuring out how to still get public dollars to ACORN through one of its many hydra heads, and/or tentacles. Americorps comes to mind.

Anyone thinking this deal of cutting off public funds to ACORN is anything but a version of the shell and pea game, hasn't been paying much attention.

Indeed. Obama did represent ACORN, and was associated WITH ACORN. It has everything to DO with OBAMA, and ACORNS's SUPPORT of Obama in-turn.

ARTICLE:The ACORN Obama Knows

Now the question remains? Will OBAMA sign legislation that bars the sleazy orginization from getting further taxpayer funds?

Will Obama further DENY his roots with these sleazeballs?

Now the question remains? Will OBAMA sign legislation that bars the sleazy orginization from getting further taxpayer funds?

This is my point, you already got your soundbyte ready. So if Obama does sign this bill, ready to come on USMB and say how he threw ACORN under the bus? :eusa_eh:

This is my point, you already got your soundbyte ready. So if Obama does sign this bill, ready to come on USMB and say how he threw ACORN under the bus? :eusa_eh:

You know what I have Ready? Play the stockmarket do you? AND in addition? You had ZERO time to read my post in entirety avec LINK.

Sorry. But you're trying to defend the indefenseable. Phoney you are.

You know what I have Ready? Play the stockmarket do you? AND in addition? You had ZERO time to read my post in entirety avec LINK.

:lol: Such ignorance, really. If you have bothered to read any of MY posts you'd see that I am not really a Obama supporter anymore. Neither have you seen my constant criticism of much of his actions.

However, I can see people like you and their actions from a mile away. It doesn't take a scientist to see that.

So tell me, did you bother to read my newest thread?

:lol: Such ignorance, really. If you have bothered to read any of MY posts you'd see that I am not really a Obama supporter anymore. Neither have you seen my constant criticism of much of his actions.

However, I can see people like you and their actions from a mile away. It doesn't take a scientist to see that.

So tell me, did you bother to read my newest thread?

No. And I don't care to read your thread hoestly. Inasmuch as you took the TIME to read the link I posted.

So Impasse it is.

No. And I don't care to read your thread hoestly. Inasmuch as you took the TIME to read the link I posted.

So Impasse it is.

Note: Unlike your article, my thread actually uses real sources. Michelle Malkin is not a real source. If you could get someone who is not a partisan hack, I'd love to read it. However, she's about up there with WND.

Edit: For the record, I did read the article.

did Obama not work for and help set up ACORN?
wasnt that his claim to leadership?
he was a "communitiy organizer"
remember?

remember?

He's in denial of one of Obama's "Selling Points" to his ascendency to POTUS. But fear not? Robert's memory is selective. We are here to REMIND him of his lapse.

remember?

He's in denial of one of Obama's "Selling Points" to his ascendency to POTUS. But fear not? Robert's memory is selective. We are here to REMIND him of his lapse.

I remember the whole "community organizer" part very well. However, if I do recall, it was Republicans who focused on it more than anyone. In fact, even on the day of this election, Republicans were still calling him that as if it were an insult.

However, he did not set up ACORN. He did however hire them for the primary. However, noticed who HE WAS JOINED WITH in that lawsuit in the 90's when he did work with them. So the Justice Department in the 90s and League of Women Voters are obviously in on the conspiracy too? :cuckoo:

ACORN's national political action committee, ACORN Votes, endorsed Barack Obama. Obama, with several other attorneys, had served as local counsel for ACORN in a 1995 voting rights lawsuit joined by the Justice Department and the League of Women Voters.[51][52] Obama's campaign hired an ACORN affiliate for $800,000 to conduct a get-out-the-vote effort during that primary,[53][54] but did not retain ACORN for the general presidential election.[53][54]

Last edited:
Yea, Acorn, wow, they find affordable housing for poor people. They pay the unemployed 8 bucks a hour for voter registration. Of course, some took advantage of that and signed up Chicken Little and Foxy Loxy, but of course, Chicken Little and Foxy Loxy never showed up to vote a single time. Neither did Paul Newman, Clark Kent or Moby Dick. But they could have.

They even employ ex cons and ex drug addicts because no one else will. But of course, not every con or drug addict can be rehabilitated.

Yea, Acorn, those darn community organizers who try to make the lives better for people who are destitute. That's just wrong. Why clean up Acorn? It's better to completely destroy it and leave those people with nothing. It's call Republican empathy.

Because Hannah and James are young, it maybe difficult for the media to find any dirty laundry on them. It will be interesting to see if Obama will sign a Bill removing all funding to ACORN. That would be like him disowning one of his children.
He threw Rev. Wright under the bus, after telling the world he could no more "disown him than I could my white grandmother."
Of course, that money probably will then just be diverted to the SEIU.
Oh yeah, there's a plan to make sure ACORN gets its funds. Never doubt that this isn't all for show.
Both house and senate voted overwhelmingly to defund Acorn, way beyond the president's power of veto. He may sign it into law or allow it to become law without his signature. Whether or not he signs it will reveal his fealty.

Last edited:

Your right, this thread isn't about that, however I call BULLSHIT when I see it. ACORN with the mounting evidence would be a crappy organization that was corrupt. However, to compare them to the Mob is insanity.

There are no provisos here, this is taking what he said, and judging it based on that. You cry that I'm ignorant, while showing it yourself. I understand that you hate ACORN, and I hate groups like this too. They make real non-profit groups trying to help people legally look bad. HOWEVER, just because you want to equate them with some of the worst criminals this country has ever seen is not only ridiculous but untrue. What's next? Going to compare them to Al-Qaeda? :eusa_eh:

Frank's comment was a hyperbole. Trust me, by admitting that it was stupid to say will not make ACORN a great group. Seriously, I would suggest taking a step back and just thinking about what you're agreeing with.
Your problem is, you only want apples to oranges comparisons. You fail to realize corruption isn't limited to government or government funded agencies, by definition. You do all you can to try to minimize ACORN or anything else which might reflect badly on Obama.

Comparing ACORN to an Organized Crime family is perfectly valid, and your infantile objections to the comparison were noted and rejected.

Yea, Acorn, wow, they find affordable housing for poor people. They pay the unemployed 8 bucks a hour for voter registration. Of course, some took advantage of that and signed up Chicken Little and Foxy Loxy, but of course, Chicken Little and Foxy Loxy never showed up to vote a single time. Neither did Paul Newman, Clark Kent or Moby Dick. But they could have.

They even employ ex cons and ex drug addicts because no one else will. But of course, not every con or drug addict can be rehabilitated.

Yea, Acorn, those darn community organizers who try to make the lives better for people who are destitute. That's just wrong. Why clean up Acorn? It's better to completely destroy it and leave those people with nothing. It's call Republican empathy.
Deflection. Mindless regurgitation of the talking point du jour. Nothing to see here.

Your mindless, kneejerk defense of ACORN is noted, clearly you have no problem with them suborning all manner of criminal activity.

Deflection. Mindless regurgitation of the talking point du jour. Nothing to see here.

Your mindless, kneejerk defense of ACORN is noted, clearly you have no problem with them suborning all manner of criminal activity.

Hey, I'm agreeing. Why clean it up? Who cares about a bunch of homeless. I never liked "cults" anyway. Republicans have honest rich people to worry about. You know, like the CEOs of Halliburton and Blackwater. Acorn was robbing us blind at 8 dollars an hour. Good Job!

Forum List

Back