Admire the Efficiency and Efficacy: The $1,300 Mission to Fell ACORN

Feb 28, 2009
Little article here in the Washington Times <--- Clicky

The $1,300 Mission to Fell ACORN

Duo in Sting Video Say Their Effort Was Independent

The proposition was outrageous, outlandish, and right up James E. O'Keefe III's alley. Hannah Giles was on the phone from the District, and she was asking him to dress like her pimp, walk into the offices of the ACORN community activist group, openly admit to wanting to buy a house to run as a brothel, and see what happened.
These kids deserve a medal. Look at what they did, on their own, on a shoestring.

They basically took down one of the most powerful and influential corrupt, partisan non-profits there is. ACORN has lost all HUD funding due to action by the Senate, and is about to lose ALL government funding altogether, due to yesterday's House vote. (This is IF President Obama signs the bill.)

Howls for investigation are sprouting up everywhere, from the halls of Congress to podunkyville USA, and we have one of the most elite newscasters on the planet claiming he didn't even know about it?

This monstrous Hydra that is ACORN -- with its tentacles reaching into every pocket in America and with many politicians in its own pocket -- has been eviscerated by two kids, admittedly partisan kids no less, who took an idea and ran with it. This all at great personal risk to themselves -- because you just KNOW Big Media is now investigating THEM instead of the corrupt monster they took some chunks out of -- and spent their meager savings to do the job the Fourth Estate has willfully abandoned.

Big Media and those in power will try to "Joe the Plumber" these two, will spend probably ten times more money than Giles and O'Keefe did, digging into every aspect of their lives looking for something, anything, that will stick in their attempt to tarnish their reputations. And these kids knew this going in, which also makes them courageous.

Hannah and James, two citizens who saw something that was wrong, and took action instead of just standing idly by and doing nothing. My hat is off to them, stepping into the vacuum created by the partisan blinders the Fourth Estate has affixed to its own eyes.

Big Media needs to pay attention. Already scooped and embarrassed by such luminary tabloids as the Enquirer on the John Edwards scandal, burned on the Van Jones affair, smoked by Drudge on the Lewinsky situation, (Which the NYT admits they sat on for months before Drudge's expose') and claiming cluelessness on this, (Charlie Gibson, anyone?) Big Media has been taking it on the chin for so long, credibility eroding for so long, you gotta wonder when they will wake up and smell the coffee. To quote Edward R. Murrow -- whom Giles and O'Keefe resemble much more closely today than Big Media does -- "Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency??"

Murrow, at great risk to himself, took on the powerful monster that was McCarthyism and brought it down. O'Keefe and Giles fit that mold perfectly.

How can Big Media tolerate these embarrassments? Have they NO pride in their craft? Have they NO shame? Have they left, no sense of decency?

Last edited:
Because Hannah and James are young, it maybe difficult for the media to find any dirty laundry on them. It will be interesting to see if Obama will sign a Bill removing all funding to ACORN. That would be like him disowning one of his children. Of course, that money probably will then just be diverted to the SEIU.

The House voted Thursday to deny all federal funds for ACORN in a GOP-led strike against the scandal-tainted community organizing group that comes just three days after the Senate took similar action. "ACORN has violated serious federal laws, and today the House voted to ensure that taxpayer dollars would no longer be used to fund this corrupt organization," said second-ranked House Republican Eric Cantor of Virginia.

House votes to deny all federal funds for ACORN - Yahoo! News

Because Hannah and James are young, it maybe difficult for the media to find any dirty laundry on them. It will be interesting to see if Obama will sign a Bill removing all funding to ACORN. That would be like him disowning one of his children. Of course, that money probably will then just be diverted to the SEIU.
Exactly or the NEW acorn

Gutsy people! Going into the belly of an organization more corrupt and dangerous that any Organized Crime Family!

• Banned
Because Hannah and James are young, it maybe difficult for the media to find any dirty laundry on them. It will be interesting to see if Obama will sign a Bill removing all funding to ACORN. That would be like him disowning one of his children.
He threw Rev. Wright under the bus, after telling the world he could no more "disown him than I could my white grandmother."
Of course, that money probably will then just be diverted to the SEIU.
Oh yeah, there's a plan to make sure ACORN gets its funds. Never doubt that this isn't all for show.

:lol: @ the Edward Murrow and these kids comparison. Also, comparing McCarthyism to ACORN? :lol: wut?

Though I don't think I need to point out the irony in the mention of McCarthyism, which is what so many Republicans are now bringing back in style. :eusa_eh:

However, courageous thing on their part and glad to see it worked out.

:lol: @ the Edward Murrow and these kids comparison. Also, comparing McCarthyism to ACORN? :lol: wut?
Please. These are analogous ONLY in that the small and meek took down the large and powerful. Perhaps David and Goliath would have been simpleton enough for you? I also note, you didn't seem to mind my casting Big Media also in the role of McCarthy? Because you well know Big Media is powerful, and is coming after Giles and O'Keefe now, with both barrels, on their own little witch hunt. Giles and O'Keefe far more resemble Murrow right now than Big Media does, correct?
Though I don't think I need to point out the irony in the mention of McCarthyism, which is what so many Republicans are now bringing back in style. :eusa_eh:
How so? McCarthy was a powerful Congressman on a Captain Ahab-style witch hunt against communists. What republican in power now, is doing anything analogous? Wait, there AREN'T any republicans who have any power in Congress. Your partisan hack comparison fails toweringly.
However, courageous thing on their part and glad to see it worked out.
I am glad to see you recognize their courage and you're glad it "worked out." Why it took two nobody kids on a shoestring budget to open this can of corn when we have Big Media supposed to be doing such things, is the bigger question for you and others to ponder.

Please. These are analogous ONLY in that the small and meek took down the large and powerful. Perhaps David and Goliath would have been simpleton enough for you? I also note, you didn't seem to mind my casting Big Media also in the role of McCarthy? Because you well know Big Media is powerful, and is coming after Giles and O'Keefe now, with both barrels, on their own little witch hunt. Giles and O'Keefe far more resemble Murrow right now than Big Media does, correct?

"Big Media" as you call it will be looking for a story. If it's anything Americans love to read more about than the little guy beating the big guy is the fall of the little guy. Your comparison is futile since even comparing Murrow to Big Media is lunacy.

How so? McCarthy was a powerful Congressman on a Captain Ahab-style witch hunt against communists. What republican in power now, is doing anything analogous? Wait, there AREN'T any republicans who have any power in Congress. Your partisan hack comparison fails toweringly.

Did I say they needed power? No. However, I was more referring to the false accusations of Communism on people's parts. Though in this case, the cries of "Communist!" are more of a distraction to avoid the issues at hand.

I am glad to see you recognize their courage and you're glad it "worked out." Why it took two nobody kids on a shoestring budget to open this can of corn when we have Big Media supposed to be doing such things, is the bigger question for you and others to ponder.

:lol: I don't need to ponder it. I know exactly why Big Media weren't doing such things, because ALL of them are in the back pocket of special interests, the only way they differ is which ones.

Speaking of media and being in the back pocket, I would love to see your outrage in my newest thread I just created. If you're outraged at this, you should be seething in my thread.

Gutsy people! Going into the belly of an organization more corrupt and dangerous that any Organized Crime Family!

Are you that fucking stupid? Or just so willfully ignorant?
I would ask you the same thing, but I know the answer. You really have never looked into ACORN, by your own admission many times you said you care little about it. Therefore you are willfully ignorant of really what it is, where it came from, how it was founded and by whom, and who they are and what their mission is.

When you find all of that out, educate yourself, none of this corruption that's been exposed will surprise you in the least.

And you'll see it's simply a criminal enterprise, organized crime, a racket. Not at all unlike Mob families in that regard.

It's more like my friend Steve Parry's character on his radio show, "Joey Bagadonuts." Joey is what's called a "Moderate gangster" because he doesn't do violence. No killing. But he's still a criminal, a gangster nonetheless. He runs an organized criminal enterprise, a racket. He's really no better than the ones who DO violence.

The idea for Joey by the way, came when Obama said he would like to deal with "moderate terrorists" in finding some "common ground."

There's such things as "moderate terrorists? What an oxymoron!:lol::lol::lol:

I would ask you the same thing, but I know the answer. You really have never looked into ACORN, by your own admission many times you said you care little about it. Therefore you are willfully ignorant of really what it is, where it came from, how it was founded and by whom, and who they are and what their mission is.

When you find all of that out, educate yourself, none of this corruption that's been exposed will surprise you in the least.

And you'll see it's simply a criminal enterprise, organized crime, a racket. Not at all unlike Mob families in that regard.

It's more like my friend Steve Parry's character on his radio show, "Joey Bagadonuts." Joey is what's called a "Moderate gangster" because he doesn't do violence. No killing. But he's still a criminal, a gangster nonetheless. He runs an organized criminal enterprise, a racket. He's really no better than the ones who DO violence.

The idea for Joey by the way, came when Obama said he would like to deal with "moderate terrorists" in finding some "common ground."

I'm not ignorant about ACORN. I just said when this story first broke that I wasn't on top of it. Two DIFFERENT things, so I ask nicely that you not put words into my mouth.

I don't think you got the fact he called it MORE CORRUPT and MORE DANGEROUS than the Mob. That is stupidity at it's finest. Honestly, making a comparison about corruption and using the Mob? REALLY? :eusa_eh:

Speaking of the Mob, still waiting for you to go to that thread.

Last edited:
The media has got to be embarassed about this, 2 kids who are total amatures get more done about the corruption with Acorn than all the media did and that includes Fox news. Fox reported it, but you would have thought that they could have gotten a couple of people together to pull this sting off. They do deserve a medal though, they have saved a ton of tax payer money from going to a corrupt organization.

The story does have a nice touch of Americana, little guys taking on and beating corruption while the entity that is supposed to do this will now spend enormous amounts of time and money investigating them rather then ACORN.

The media has got to be embarassed about this, 2 kids who are total amatures get more done about the corruption with Acorn than all the media did and that includes Fox news. Fox reported it, but you would have thought that they could have gotten a couple of people together to pull this sting off. They do deserve a medal though, they have saved a ton of tax payer money from going to a corrupt organization.

Do you seriously think FOX would want to take away such a delicious story that they can continue to bash for an unlimited amount of time? Plus, it's such a story that brings them massive ratings.

It would only be when the ratings on the story finally begin to falter when they might of had actually done something.

:lol:

"Big Media" as you call it will be looking for a story. If it's anything Americans love to read more about than the little guy beating the big guy is the fall of the little guy.
No. The ONLY story they are looking for in this is ANY dirt they can find on these two kids.
Your comparison is futile since even comparing Murrow to Big Media is lunacy.
I never made that comparison. I see your reading comprehension hasn't improved since having your last name taken off your nick.
Robert said:
Did I say they needed power? No.
Then, your comparison is idiotic. Because McCarthy could have done nothing at all without his power. Correct? Stop flailing, you're embarrassing even yourself now. And that's really tough to do.
However, I was more referring to the false accusations of Communism on people's parts.
Who? Where? That might make a great thread for you to start instead of mucking up this one with this bullshit.
Speaking of media and being in the back pocket, I would love to see your outrage in my newest thread I just created. If you're outraged at this, you should be seething in my thread.
I typically ignore threads from dishonest partisan hacks such as yourself. Also unlike you, when I enter a thread I do not claim that I don't care about the topic. Because obviously you DO care, otherwise why take the time to read and comment?

I'm not ignorant about ACORN. I just said when this story first broke that I wasn't on top of it. Two DIFFERENT things, so I ask nicely that you not put words into my mouth.

I don't think you got the fact he called it MORE CORRUPT and MORE DANGEROUS than the Mob. That is stupidity at it's finest. Honestly, making a comparison about corruption and using the Mob? REALLY?
Had you truly studied and investigated ACORN you would agree with him. It's clear that you really did not do any but the most cursory inspection.

Had you truly studied and investigated ACORN you would agree with him. It's clear that you really did not do any but the most cursory inspection.

Calling the Mob corrupt was stupid is my point. Maybe you don't realize it, but it's tough to be corrupt when you're a criminal organization in the first place. Seriously, think about this for a minute. Calling a criminal organization whose's GOALS and CREATION was to make money either legally or illegally corrupt is stupid as can be. Seriously, I would say stop being so delusional on this and just think because I'm calling him a idiot is I'm saying ACORN is great.

Last edited:
The story does have a nice touch of Americana, little guys taking on and beating corruption while the entity that is supposed to do this will now spend enormous amounts of time and money investigating them rather then ACORN.

The beauty of this? It shows ABC, See BS, NBC, PMSNBC, CNBC, CNN are just in the tank for OBAMA. To be UPSTAGED by folks with limited means? DOING what these so-called "NETWORKS" profess to care of? [Honest indepth Journalism]?

Their hand has been called.

Forum List

Back