Additional three dollar gas tax takes effect Jan. 1st 2015

average .40cents per gallon fed tax on gasoline..add in state taxes on top of that.

This nation could become 100% energy independent if the politicians wanted it to.
40-80 cents of every gallon is because of Wall Street speculation.

Get the Republicans in the House to make it illegal and we can be paying less tomorrow.

So when this soldier wanted to sell me his vehicle I was all happy thinking about the day I would drive down the road praying for him in it!

That's just as dangerous as texting and driving.

Please pull over first.

Patently false.

The new taxes on gasoline will NOT go into effect until the day AFTER those elected to office in November are sworn into office and seated in mid-January. Until then, too much risk of rebellion.

Democrats, didn't you read the damn "shut up and bend over" memo?

I did hear about this.
Obama,Pelosi and Reid were talking about it.
Well Obama and Reid were talking and Nancy was just looking at Obama adoringly.
Obama said we need to do this now while some people still have money.
Reid said you know what's best Mr.President and Nancy just giggled.

Says something that America is so willing to accept an item like that because it is SO plausible. After all, He did promise to price electricity out of the average non-limo lib's reach.....

So when this soldier wanted to sell me his vehicle I was all happy thinking about the day I would drive down the road praying for him in it!

Please pull over first.

Actually it is not a problem for me at all. When I was driving before I always prayed for people in front of me, behind me or beside me at a red light when the thought came to me. Sometimes I drive down the highway and claim every soul on the road for the kingdom of heaven. It is just my thing to pray wherever I am. I like talking to the LORD about everything. But you are right about texting and driving, House. I won't use a cell phone while I'm driving. I consider it too dangerous. I didn't buy it anyhow. I bought a Mercedes TE 300. It is still a safe vehicle and fun to drive. I cannot drive it though. I'm still recovering from an accident. I will drive it this winter. God willing. My neighbor and my husband picked it up for me. I'm looking forward to driving it. I hear it is drives like a dream.

Please pull over first.

Actually it is not a problem for me at all. When I was driving before I always prayed for people in front of me, behind me or beside me at a red light when the thought came to me. Sometimes I drive down the highway and claim every soul on the road for the kingdom of heaven. It is just my thing to pray wherever I am. I like talking to the LORD about everything. But you are right about texting and driving, House. I won't use a cell phone while I'm driving. I consider it too dangerous.

Praying and driving is as dangerous as texting and driving. Anything that takes your mind off what you are doing increases your reaction time to unexpected events, because:

1) You have to notice the new event
2) It has to register as a danger
3) You have to decide on a course of action
4) You have to implement it

You may think, "oh, what's a couple seconds?"... but a couple seconds is a very long time and can make the difference between life & death.

For example, let's say you're driving down the interstate and pass under a bridge where some local yokel drops a painball, which lands smack dab on your windshield.

- If you are paying attention to the road and concentrating on your surroundings up until that event, you'll register surprise and hit your windshield wipers.

- If you are praying about Joe Six Pack in the SUV beside you, you will register surprise, then reorient yourself to the problem at hand, quite possibly running off the road as you readjust your priorities.

Yeah yeah, I can be a bit of a troll and/or clown... but I don't mess around when it comes to highway safety. That's my bread & butter.

Disir! Thank you very much! I did not know that National report was a satire news source. I will tell my friend as there are people who have honestly believed this report! Thank you!

It's called the 'National Report', and you didn't know that it was satire. Really?

That is correct. I did not know it was satire. I am not up on satire. Reality has kept me very busy lately, OnePercenter. I don't have time for such things.

average .40cents per gallon fed tax on gasoline..add in state taxes on top of that.

This nation could become 100% energy independent if the politicians wanted it to.
40-80 cents of every gallon is because of Wall Street speculation.

Get the Republicans in the House to make it illegal and we can be paying less tomorrow.

Horseshit. Where did you come up with this figure? Oh, wait . . . I know where: your ass. Over time speculation averages out to zero.

To outlaw the evil speculation you would have to outlaw the buying as selling of gasoline.

Please pull over first.

Actually it is not a problem for me at all. When I was driving before I always prayed for people in front of me, behind me or beside me at a red light when the thought came to me. Sometimes I drive down the highway and claim every soul on the road for the kingdom of heaven. It is just my thing to pray wherever I am. I like talking to the LORD about everything. But you are right about texting and driving, House. I won't use a cell phone while I'm driving. I consider it too dangerous.

Praying and driving is as dangerous as texting and driving. Anything that takes your mind off what you are doing increases your reaction time to unexpected events, because:

1) You have to notice the new event
2) It has to register as a danger
3) You have to decide on a course of action
4) You have to implement it

You may think, "oh, what's a couple seconds?"... but a couple seconds is a very long time and can make the difference between life & death.

For example, let's say you're driving down the interstate and pass under a bridge where some local yokel drops a painball, which lands smack dab on your windshield.

- If you are paying attention to the road and concentrating on your surroundings up until that event, you'll register surprise and hit your windshield wipers.

- If you are praying about Joe Six Pack in the SUV beside you, you will register surprise, then reorient yourself to the problem at hand, quite possibly running off the road as you readjust your priorities.

Yeah yeah, I can be a bit of a troll and/or clown... but I don't mess around when it comes to highway safety. That's my bread & butter.

Alright. I'll pray about it. I've never had a problem and I've been praying for people on the road for years. But I will ask the LORD about it as you are bringing it up. Thanks.

I didn't know it was satire at the time I posted the story, Konradv. I have a better idea. We could just drop the thread. How about that? It's history now.

To me a low thinker is someone who believes the worst about others without knowing them first.

If you are a partisan and are fed a story that makes you hard, it is probably bullshit. Confirmation bias and the desire to believe are two of the most destructive forces in politics.

At least you have the integrity and gentleman's decency to thank someone for pointing out your error instead of crying, "I wouldn't put it past 'em!" like other people do.
^ that Jeremiah

Forum List

Back