Add yet another Trump quote to the RINO list

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Trump says high pay for CEOs is a joke and 'disgraceful'

U.S. Republican party presidential frontrunner Donald Trump said on Sunday high salaries paid to chief executives were a "joke" and a "disgrace" and said these were often approved by company boards stacked with the CEO's friends.

There was a time I would have thought this one comment alone would have disqualified Trump as a RINO, but something is telling me it won't matter.

What an amazingly interesting election season, huh?

U.S. Republican party presidential frontrunner Donald Trump said on Sunday high salaries paid to chief executives were a "joke" and a "disgrace" and said these were often approved by company boards stacked with the CEO's friends.

There was a time I would have thought this one comment alone would have disqualified Trump as a RINO, but something is telling me it won't matter.

donaldjtrump041915home.jpg

Make America Great Again

Not really.

The GOP could never come right out and say, "We are for CEO getting Eight figure salaries and you peasants should be happy with minimum wage." That's what they think, but they won't ever say it out loud.

Romney slipped up once in a while with comments like "47%" and "I like to fire people", but even he wasn't out with his contempt of the little people who make up the GOP electorate.

You see, the GOP Rank and File can be tricked into voting for the 1% agenda, but they aren't wedded to it.

Well he's right but that's a decision the board or directors of a company make.

They can pay their CEO's exactly what they want to pay them.

Or not. If the governmetn can mandate a minimum wage, why can't it mandate a maximum wage.

Most of these companies are public companies, and are governed by the SEC. If you don't think they can legally mandate caps on CEO pay like every other country does, you are deluded.

It would be very popular law that would effect only a few thousand people.

He is not right. There is nothing disgraceful about how people choose to spend THEIR MONEY. But since he is the gop frontrunner he gets a pass just as predicted.

He is not right. There is nothing disgraceful about how people choose to spend THEIR MONEY. But since he is the gop frontrunner he gets a pass just as predicted.

Or he realizes a lot of us are sick of non-raises why the CEO's make out like bandits.

The fallacy in this thread is the belief that Rs are conservative. They are not. They progressives for the most part.

Or he realizes a lot of us are sick of non-raises why the CEO's make out like bandits.

Got a problem with it then take it up with the folks who set their salaries. They are the ones who decide how much the CEO is worth.

Oh and if folks are sick of none raises then they need to find another job.

Trump is not a conservative or a republican.

Republicrat

Perhaps not.

BUt the fact is, he is leading the polls right now with his populist rhetoric.

I'd never vote for trump, but I understand exactly why he has supporters. People work very hard and they see less and less benefit from it.

The laugh is all the conservatives have being saying how stupid Democrats have for years and look at the living proof of huge chunk of their party follow a guy who stood up said a lot of popular crap with no way to deliver... Sorry this is proof that the GOP is the party of stupid.

Trump is using every tactic out of the Goebbels/Hitler handbook. First find and enemy to blame everything one, 'Illegal Immigration' & 'Muslims' (Something that has no effect on his life), find a bunch of dissatisfied group and point at a group and say they are the reason you are in this position.
Then rally against the present government and say that they are in bed with these undesirables.

Then repeat a bunch of popular idealistic actions which are totally unrealistic.

But I will say he is doing... I don't think Trump want to win, that explains his recent statements on Syrian Refugees and CEO Pay... If Trump wanted to win he would tow the popular route... But he has committed most GOP candidates to far right statements to keep in the race...
Honestly, I think Trump is in it for the a bit of a laugh and ego trip. Political joyride, Bucket list. I say he surprised how popular he got with the crazies.

In truth he has done a big favour for the Democrats and the Clintons..

When the head of the NFL makes $44 million a year, you got to ask questions....
NFL defends, explains Goodell’s $44 million compensation

What has he done that makes him worth more than a guy who makes $1 million a year?

Compare that to Referees:
How Much Does an NFL Referee Make?
The average salary that an NFL referee earns per year nests between the sums of $25,000 and $70,000. This is not as much as the referees for others like the NHA and NBA make. The umpires in Major League Baseball make around $141,000 annually. The NBA referees make around $128,000 annually and the NHL officials earn around $139,000 annually. By looking at these sums, individuals will see that the NFL referees are at the bottom of the charts when it comes to the amount of money they earn. However, one has to consider the fact that an NFL referee works one game a week, while referees in the other sports work multiple games per week. The job of NFL referee required flexibility and go through training before match.

Salary Range for an NFL Referee
The NFL referees only work on Sundays. It is obviously mandatory that some of them work somewhere else on other days of the week. The salary range for an NFL referee will vary between $25,000 to $70,000. NFL referees also work as entrepreneurs, inventors, dentists and farmers.

Got a problem with it then take it up with the folks who set their salaries. They are the ones who decide how much the CEO is worth.

Oh and if folks are sick of none raises then they need to find another job.
True. Or, they can figure out how others have managed to earn their raises.

From listening to Trump and he's being labeled a progressive. You would think the Democrat base would be cozying to him. Take this statement about CEOs. it's something they wail about all the time. But how funny Hillary and Bill making 160 million dollars since he left office somehow doesn't bother them. beats me:dunno:

They've been triangulating the meme into something called "Crony Capitalism" where the "Capitalists" are "Cronies" if they don't like the actions of the CEO.

From listening to Trump and he's being labeled a progressive. You would think the Democrat base would be cozying to him. Take this statement about CEOs. it's something they wail about all the time. But how funny Hillary and Bill making 160 million dollars since he left office somehow doesn't bother them. beats me:dunno:

Why should they? There's an old expression, don't interrupt your enemy when he's in the process of destroying himself.

Trump is driving a big old wedge between the One-Percenters and the dumb-ass Billy-bobs who vote for the GOP because they live in mortal terror their daughters might date a Mexican.

Forum List

Back