Acupuncture

Is anyone here doing the needle thing. I have a question. If you tell the doc about moods or changes in physical ailments does it help them with needle placement or is it of no use at all?
It could but they know what nerves control your body and where to stick them.

Is anyone here doing the needle thing. I have a question. If you tell the doc about moods or changes in physical ailments does it help them with needle placement or is it of no use at all?
I just let them ask whatever questions they feel are pertinent. But a standard question at the beginning of an appointment with any health care provider is, "what's new or different from last time we spoke?" Be open and honest.

Mood is always relevant as it may offer a clue to muscle stress or digestion issues.

Better you say too much than risk leaving out a key indicator.

I guess my question is, if nerves can route themselves like roads to a destination does a different condition mean a different route. Especially if through an operation or injury nerves have been compromised. Thank you for your replies.

I have really been amazed by the results from some of my treatments, but it does seem to be a case of trial and error. I have a real,hard ass brilliant Chinese lady who wants me to eat dinner at 5 o clock and no ice cream at night. I am healthier than 90 per cent of the people my age but that is something she doesn't give me much credit for. The diet and vitamins don't do much for me because I already live a healthy lifestyle and I am so blessed to not have diabetes or high blood pressure, but the needles ar a different story. To anyone who is thinking about a treatment keep an open mind and by all means research your choice, sign up with the best you can find. What Tian emphasizes to me is that eastern medicine tries to address problems before,they happen and western medicine tries to fix problems after the fact. Having said that treatments have helped women get pregnant, relieved many painful muscle and back issues, helped men recover from prostate surgery and much more. It is not a panacea, it could not help me when they found a cyst inside my vertebrae, or cure cancer, but there really is a place for acupuncture as a another tool to help people avoid and or recover from medical,issues.

I have had acupuncture for extended periods over the course of several years. It did me some good and I would recommend to anyone. However, acupuncture is only one aspect to a healthy body and mind. Being receptive to suggestion, eating right and having a balanced approach to a workout routine is necessary IMO.

Forum List

Back