Activist in Seminar: All White People Are Racist and Always Will Be

As long as the context was the same, my reaction would be the same. I don't see how a still shot of her face is really relevant.

She certainly doesn't look as if she's joking. And you lie.

1. I'm not lying. Why should I care if she makes the comment about whites or Jews? It doesn't matter to me either way.
2. One still shot of a person's face while they are speaking is unlikely to give an accurate read into their intent.

Wow. Even I, Mr. Literally B. Hitler™ would be shocked if a professor advocated getting rid of jews.

Again, I don't think she was actually advocating for getting rid of whites, so no matter what group you might insert, I don't think she would be actually advocating getting rid of them. Context is important.

If she really was advocating getting rid of whites (which would be ridiculous, since she appears to be white), then I vehemently disagree with her, and would disagree no matter what group she wanted to get rid of, be it Jews, Democrats, people who watch Game of Thrones, or Dallas Cowboys fans. Well, OK, maybe I could get behind getting rid of Cowboys fans. :FIREdevil:

If you pay attention to it, you'll see there is tons of exterminationist rhetoric out there. Anyone who uses the language of:
  • diversity is our strength
  • only whites can be racist
  • we must end racism completely
  • white privilege is real
  • US has a racist history/historical oppression of minorities
is, at root, a genocidalist.

That is ridiculous.

Okay, so Ashleigh Shackelford has a take on the nature and extent to which white folks' existential racism. Okay, she's gotten some space on the Internet wherein she's published her thoughts. Tom Knighton has come across her space on the Internet and found there ideas with which he disagrees.

Frankly, as goes their notions about racism and its psychological, sociological and/or anthropological etiology, it's not clear to me I should give credence to what either of them has to say, notwithstanding that I may agree with or reject elements of what either of them has to say on the matter. Seems to me that Shackelford doesn't understand "white fragility" and that Knighton is a victim of his own "white fragility.
My reader doesn't decipher your link.

Okay, so Ashleigh Shackelford has a take on the nature and extent to which white folks' existential racism. Okay, she's gotten some space on the Internet wherein she's published her thoughts. Tom Knighton has come across her space on the Internet and found there ideas with which he disagrees.

Frankly, as goes their notions about racism and its psychological, sociological and/or anthropological etiology, it's not clear to me I should give credence to what either of them has to say, notwithstanding that I may agree with or reject elements of what either of them has to say on the matter. Seems to me that Shackelford doesn't understand "white fragility" and that Knighton is a victim of his own "white fragility.

Document attached.

Attachments

• White-Fragility.pdf
    231.6 KB · Views: 26

Document attached.
Already this is utter bullshit. Whites, especially white males feel the most race-related stress in our hyper-racial, post-racial, hope and change America. Seven of ten suicides in this country are white males--and it isn't because they can't get sharp tan lines.

Document attached.
Already this is utter bullshit. Whites, especially white males feel the most race-related stress in our hyper-racial, post-racial, hope and change America. Seven of ten suicides in this country are white males--and it isn't because they can't get sharp tan lines.

According to the CDC, it is non-Hispanic American Indians/Native Alaskans who have the highest suicide rate as of 2014. Whites had the highest rate in 1999. Products - Health E Stats - Suicide Rates for females and males by race/ethnicity: United States: 1999 and 2014

suicide_1999_2014_fig1.png

suicide_1999_2014_fig2.png

Document attached.
Its because they are mentally weak and unable to deal with competition. Thats why they get so angry when non whites have AA even though whites had AA for over 400 years. Whites need help or they get stressed out and suicidal thoughts prevail.

Document attached.
Whites, especially white males feel the most race-related stress in our hyper-racial, post-racial, hope and change America.

That's certainly not the case for any white male I've ever known, let alone known well. Have you any credible empirical evidence that corroborates that claim?

Document attached.

According to the CDC, it is non-Hispanic American Indians/Native Alaskans who have the highest suicide rate as of 2014. Whites had the highest rate in 1999. Products - Health E Stats - Suicide Rates for females and males by race/ethnicity: United States: 1999 and 2014

A few thoughts re: the charts you shared:
  • Given all the BS blacks and Hispanics have had to put up with, I guess it's made them more able to handle whatever people of other races consider "too much to bear."
  • The charts don't really address cnelsen's comment which had to do with "race-related stress."

Aside:
  • I have no idea what specifically-- that is, what precisely the chart aims to indicate -- to make of either chart. The titles say "age-adjusted" and the "y-axes" imply there's some specific age group to which the figures apply. What "specified age group?"

As it turns out, clicking on the link and reading the table I found there, it becomes clear the charts' bars pertain to "all ages" for the indicated identity groups. Be that as it may, those are horrible charts. They should not mention age at all; including that term makes them unclear.

Document attached.

Natives were always far above everyone else--not unusual in a defeated people. Whites exceeded natives for the first time in 2008 and its been neck-and-neck ever since in the post-racial America that was ushered in by the benevolence of the New York Times. I ran the numbers myself, and I included all self-inflicted deaths, including opioid overdoses, etc.

Document attached.

self-death.jpg

Forum List

Back