Acorn

I note at least a half-dozen thread starters on Acorn today. So which right wing talking head decided to drag out that insignificant issue in order to trump Obama's bump in the polls because of his speech on health care? Whoever it was can be assured that all the little lemmings are dutifully posting retreads.

The Idiot Brigade never sleeps.

ACORN is all they've got, so that is why they keep posting it.

Hey, let's face it. The reason republicans don't like ACORN is, they actually register people, poor people, who vote for democrats.

If you examine the organization, other than helping register people, they also help advise poor people on getting loans for houses, and not the toxic kind the loan officers like to lay on the poor. They advise them against those kind of loans. ACORN does a lot of good things, but other than registering people, they help the poor. I think we all know that republicans hate the poor, which would make one wonder why they work so hard at creating more, and more, and more of them.

And their biggest complaint before this was turning in names, made up names, and selling this idea that a lot of these made-up names were going to create voter fraud. Let us follow that thread. A guy who gets paid, adds a few ficticious names. He does it to make some money, wrong for sure, but that's the reason. Most of the names are filtered out before even being sent to the registrar, but a few of them might make it through. And those that do, are ficticious, so even if the name is on the list, no one ever shows up and votes. So, wrong it is, but it certainly doesn't change the result of an election like, say, a republican buying Diebold, and having a programmer set a maching to give a republican a certain percentage of votes in a county. In one county in Florida in 2000, a machine registered 16,000 republican votes, and not a single democrat, a statistical impossibility. Actually it's a "near-impossibility," but saying it is impossible is a lot closer to reality, than the other way.

So, in truth, the FOX News and all their negative coverage of late, is all about demonizing the organization that helps the poor, thus it hurts the poor. It's pretty much following the strategy of Reagan, demonize, and hurt the poor, create more poor, more despair, and more hopelessness, because the more you can take from them, the more their few rich people at the top can rake into their own pockets.

So, let's fix ACORN, and not go, um...., should I? Let's not go "nuts" about it. After all, from ACORNS, sometimes grow great Oak trees. And trees help global warming, right?

Tell us another one, Obama. You worked for ACORN as a comunity organizer; the job that gave you credentials that fill a postage stamp...the job you held before becoming president.

Obama on ACORN: "Not something I've followed"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today George Stephanopoulos on "This Week" asked Barack Obama about the ACORN child prositution scandal, an organization that is closely tied to the president.

Quote:
ABC reported:

It was one of the most popular topics among the questions you submitted to me for my interview with President Obama – the controversy involving ACORN.

While the President said that ACORN "deserves to be investigated" in light of the "inappropriate" video that's gone viral, he did not endorse recent votes in Congress to cut off federal funding for the community group.

From his blog:
Quote:
STEPHANOPOULOS: How about the funding for ACORN?

OBAMA: You know, if -- frankly, it's not really something I've followed closely. I didn't even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Both the Senate and the House have voted to cut it off.

OBAMA: You know, what I know is, is that what I saw on that video was certainly inappropriate and deserves to be investigated.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So you're not committing to -- to cut off the federal funding?

OBAMA: George, this is not the biggest issue facing the country. It's not something I'm paying a lot of attention to.

Or Maybe Ms Commie, an organization that has receive tax payer money, with the Current President promising this group to allow them to help write policy, is shown to be corrupted. I suppose in your Commie world that isn't a big deal.

According to the shit stain I guess it isnt!

Obama told ABC's "This Week" in an interview broadcast Sunday that what he saw on the video "was certainly inappropriate and deserves to be investigated." But the president did not say who should investigate. And he said it is not a major national issue he pays much attention to.

"Frankly, it's not really something I've followed closely," Obama said. "I didn't even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money."

The Associated Press: Obama favors investigation into ACORN's activities

amazing

but knows more about a "jackass" now that was a national issue!!!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back