Acorn

If ACORN has committed so many crimes, why didn't the Bushies do anything about it in the 8 years they were playing with the justice system?

Have any ACORN officials been convicted?

Is there ever any vote tampering on the right?:eusa_liar:

Tampering with our votes is wrong no matter who does it, but at least come up with some hard evidence in all the years the right has been using this as their voting year bogey man. If they are guilty as you say, why isn't anything been done?

Or Maybe Ms Commie, an organization that has receive tax payer money, with the Current President promising this group to allow them to help write policy, is shown to be corrupted. I suppose in your Commie world that isn't a big deal.

Sure. Of course the truth is that Acorn must bid on any involvement in policy (such as census taking), just like hundreds of similar organizations. And by the way, by accusing people of being Commies, you only advertise that you've got the comprehension of a five-year old.

Now THIS assertion I completely agree with!:clap2:
Me too - and as long as the only bullet in someone's gun is name-calling - they will remain insignificant (but sometimes annoying) fringers with no credibility imho.

It's nationwide news because ACORN has made bad name for themselves after their BS during the election. The people who "run" ACORN are obviously either too stupid or too incompetent to keep their people on the straight and narrow. THAT is why it is nationwide news. Obama has no direct ties to ACORN. Bringing down ACORN (which needs to happen) will not bring down Obama. Stop buying into the fear and face the facts.

I'm no supporter of Acorn's tactics, so let's get that straight. I'm simply disgusted that on this day, of all days, the assholes are here en masse over this as though it was going to make a HUGE difference in the greater picture.

What do you expect? The assholes KNOW (they won't admit it) that Obama will pass health care reform this year. It pisses them off, so of course they are going to do everything they can to deflect from Obama's success. However, their tactics do not excuse ACORN's poor performance in any way, in my humble opinion.

That's true. But as I said, I was angry that the first few threads I saw had to do with this, and not this tragic anniversary. I had said that I wasn't going to watch the replay, but of course it's hard to escape. I remember how in spite of the bitterness over Bush's win, EVERYONE was united for many, many months following the attacks. No one was mentioning all the petty shit. I foolishly thought everyone else would feel nostalgic for that kind of unity even though eight years have passed. I was wrong, I was pissed, and I vented.

[Shrugging shoulders...]

I note at least a half-dozen thread starters on Acorn today. So which right wing talking head decided to drag out that insignificant issue in order to trump Obama's bump in the polls because of his speech on health care? Whoever it was can be assured that all the little lemmings are dutifully posting retreads.

The Idiot Brigade never sleeps.
If "Trying to keep it honest" is really meaningful to you, you will VISIT those threads and find out what it's REALLY all about before flapping your gums.

You can learn all about it before you resume shaving your back.

I don't give a shit, O Clever One...

Sure. Of course the truth is that Acorn must bid on any involvement in policy (such as census taking), just like hundreds of similar organizations. And by the way, by accusing people of being Commies, you only advertise that you've got the comprehension of a five-year old.

Now THIS assertion I completely agree with!:clap2:
Me too - and as long as the only bullet in someone's gun is name-calling - they will remain insignificant (but sometimes annoying) fringers with no credibility imho.[/QUOTE

You just admitted on another thread that you are a communist. Your credibility is completely shot to hell sooooo, SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Commy bastard!

Last edited:
It is time for you all to come out of the closet and own your ideology which is Communist.

I note at least a half-dozen thread starters on Acorn today. So which right wing talking head decided to drag out that insignificant issue in order to trump Obama's bump in the polls because of his speech on health care? Whoever it was can be assured that all the little lemmings are dutifully posting retreads.

If "Trying to keep it honest" is really meaningful to you, you will VISIT those threads and find out what it's REALLY all about before flapping your gums.

You can learn all about it before you resume shaving your back.

I don't give a shit, O Clever One...
That should be your new custom user title. It's alot more truthful than your current one.

Yes, the Idiot Brigade never sleeps....as evidenced by this quoted post. You idiotically conclude that coincidence implies causality. The recent ACORN threads have more to do with the recent activities of the organization than the perceived bump in Obama's ratings, recently generated by yet another bias poling of those likely to favor him.

Why don't you make up some good liberal excuses for the despicable conduct of ACORN members rather than gripe about possible reasons for its being brought to light? Surely, you can justify their behavior. Aren't they just being good at being liberal?

You should know:cuckoo::cuckoo::lol:

You mean the prostitute looking for a job description to put on a loan application? Big fucking deal. Why the hell is something like that nationwide breaking news all over the Internet? Why does it become a number one issue among the rabid dogs? Nevermind, because they're rabid dogs forever searching for that one piece of perceived destructive information, however minor, that will bring down the Obama administration. It isn't about "Acorn," are you kidding?

It's nationwide news because ACORN has made bad name for themselves after their BS during the election. The people who "run" ACORN are obviously either too stupid or too incompetent to keep their people on the straight and narrow. THAT is why it is nationwide news. Obama has no direct ties to ACORN. Bringing down ACORN (which needs to happen) will not bring down Obama. Stop buying into the fear and face the facts.

I'm no supporter of Acorn's tactics, so let's get that straight. I'm simply disgusted that on this day, of all days, the assholes are here en masse over this as though it was going to make a HUGE difference in the greater picture.

Well, I have to say agree with VaYank, myself. At the very least this group should made to answer the question as to how competent they are to be managing the Federal funds they'll be getting from the stimulus package. They may not be malicious in their intent, but if they're incompetent that's just as bad.

Edit: Ok, get your point (didn't at first), but what are you gonna do? That's the way these boards roll.

Last edited:
Not that I really care about this issue, at all, but this was an interesting piece from the Examiner:

ACORN has recently been the target of ambush "journalism" by right-wing Townhall.com columnist, Hannah Giles, and conservative filmmaker, James O'Keefe, who posed as a prostitute and pimp and slithered into a few ACORN offices to try to get workers to say something incriminating on a hidden tape. They got their video of ACORN workers in Baltimore, allegedly advising this "pimp" and "prostitute" how to game the tax system to set up a brothel, which, as noted by my Examiner colleague (with whom I strongly disagree), was first posted on Andrew Breitbart's new website, biggovernment.com, and has been liberally played on Fox News.

And therein lies the problem. The ACORN workers in question have denied the conversations took place, and ACORN's attorneys subsequently sent letters to Roger Ailes, President of Fox News, on September 10th and September 11th. You can read both letters here.

In the September 10th letter, the attorneys stated in no uncertain terms that the videotape had been doctored, and demanded that Fox "cease publication of these tapes unless it can produce proof that the conversations actually took place." The letter also asks Fox to "take your responsibility as a news gathering organization seriously." I have seen no evidence that Fox has honored either of these requests.

In the letter sent to Ailes on September 11th, ACORN's attorneys notified Fox of their conclusion that the "filming and broadcast of the conversations at the Baltimore ACORN offices violates §10-402 of the Courts and Judicial Proceedings Article of the Maryland Code, which makes it unlawful to wilfully intercept, endeavor to intercept, or procure any other person to intercept any oral conversation unless all parties to the communication consent." The letter also demands the Fox "immediately withdraw the videos from the air and from the internet until a court rules on the lawfulness of the distribution and broadcast of the videos."

ACORN, finally, seems to have had it with the smear campaigns and hate-filled rhetoric and those who may even be willing to risk violating the law to bring ACORN to its knees. The liberal public needs to hijack the ACORN conversation and return it to sanity -- turn it away from the "voter registration fraud," turn it away from the "criminal" accusations, and turn it back to the foundation of the organization, which is its successful efforts to empower impoverished people in impoverished communities.

Now, if I were the DNC, I would take this opportunity to launch their own lawsuit against FoxNews on behalf of it's members, dealing with the blatant slanderous and libelous accusations made by Fox against them.

It's time to start taking on this yellow journalism head-on.

^ Critical Theory at work.

So you get all worked up over the "righties" but say notihng at all about the obvious corruption at ACORN.

Then you take it a step farther by calling the issue "insignificant". :lol:

God, the stench of desparation is strong in this one. :lol:

I posted the videos here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1516586-post37.html

how the scammers got scammed

And I responded on one of the many threads that you people have been trying to push this issue on, that I thought the videos may have been fakes.

Not that I really cared one way or the other, but...

apparently ACORN agrees, and is now bringing suit against FoxNews.

Interesting. We'll see how this pans out.

And I responded on one of the many threads that you people have been trying to push this issue on, that I thought the videos may have been fakes.

you people ???? who's that???

Where is your outrage? This organization is "stealing" gov money to fund crimminal activity.

There is no accountability in this organization, crimminal reports are not made or dismissed, if they are caught breaking the law, an employee is fired (where is that union?), and the orginization claims they disavow that employees actions. Just how many employees of this organization need to be caught in unethical, immoral behavior before the left says "that is wrong"? Maybe when your children are "forced" into "service"?

This case involved sex slaves (underage prostitutes imported from another country illegally). The made up characters would have been trapped in a terrible life with no way out and ACORN's people were encouraging the applicants to go ahead and start this ILLEGAL, terrible enterprise.

I would like to pretend I am surprised that, the libs that claim compassion for the truly helpless, are just looking the other way when investigations show the dems "pets" are responsible for hurting the "least of their brothers". Sadly it just represents more of that (hope & change) = status quo.

You might want to note these employees that were fired, they will probably be elected to congress in a lib district.

Fox News? Just what did they do other than air the ACORN debacle?

Forum List

Back