ACORN Baltimore -- flat-out corruption on display.

Hold on a minute here...

Tuesday.......republicans get humilitated by Obama's education speech

Wednesday.....republicans get humilitated by Obama's healthcare speech

Thursday.......republicans start posting ACORN threads again

How pathetic can you guys be?????
I am not a Republican.

What's that do to your bullshit theory?

Have you nothing to say on the topic?

No, you simply actively dis-believe it. You took a stand, said it was bogus.

It's not bogus.

I did no such thing, I said I wouldn't believe it until I was presented with corroberating data, like charges being brought.

That's "innocence until guilt is proven". Perhaps you've heard of the concept?
ACORN fired the two people in the video. Perhaps you should ask them about that "innocence" deal.

those dumbazz workers are just the tip of the iceberg!!! lol they just got fired, but of course acorn said they were not the typical worker!!! hahahahahahahaha To qualify to be an acorn employee,you must have at least a jr high school education, and have a vocabulary of a firstgrader. BARRY HUSSEIN YOU DONE DID IT AGAIN BOY!!!! LOL ACORN=OBAMA!!!!!!!
Might that be you, LadyJazzy from the MSNBC board?
If so, WHAT'S UP GIRL!?
Glad to see ya' up over here hammerin' these idiotic robotic Obamabot fools!:clap2::clap2:

One would think than anywhere outside of Candy Ass Land, these guy's would not be allowed Government Contracts or Funds. I would add children and school yards to that. It just keeps going on, costing more to clean up. How can we afford the entertainment, I ask You.
Sure but see here in the Midwest they have, "weird laws". Yes that is correct or so I have heard often in the last ten or more years. Since we now have a president from the Midwest it is a good inclination that they will be playing by Midwest rules from here on out.

ACORN just fired those two employees. So, gee I guess the video wasn't staged.

ACORN fires 2 after hidden-camera footage aired*| ajc.com

Just more"rouge employees" I'm sure.:mad:
Yeah,

"Those aren't the employees we knew."

It's all about the housing numbers. They need house sales at any cost. They need poll stats to rise. $8000 gov't bonus?

Here's something of interest.

Congress Warned on Fannie and Freddie Misdeeds, yet Liberals in Congress Blocked Attempts to Rein in the Government Sponsored Enterprises
Contact Information:
Press Office 202-646-5172, ext 305

Washington, DC -- April 2, 2009
Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that as part of its ongoing investigation of the government's role in the financial crisis it has uncovered new documents. The documents show that members of Congress for years were aware that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were playing fast and loose with accounting issues, risk assessment issues and executive compensation issues, even while liberals in Congress continued to block attempts to regulate the two Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs).
Judicial Watch obtained the documents from the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request dated December 4, 2008. Judicial Watch requested records related to members of Congress activity regarding the policy of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to increase lending to individuals with poor credit risk, as well as correspondence and records about contacts between FHFA and Fannie and Freddie. Among the important documents:

•FHFA letter, dated March 26, 2007, from the director of the Office of Housing Enterprise Oversight (OHFEO), James B. Lockhart, to U.S. Senators Elizabeth Dole, Chuck Hagel, Mel Martinez and John Sununu: "This is a very serious issue. Freddie Mac's inadequate systems and controls make it a significant supervisory concern. Furthermore, its lack of timely public disclosures deny market participants the essential financial information made available by all other publicly traded companies so that investors may make informed judgments." The letter also mentions, "...Fannie Mae still has not filed financial statements for 2005 and 2006 and thus, they are not timely filers either."
•FHFA letter, dated December 3, 2004, to Congressman Barney Frank: "On November 15, 2004 Fannie Mae filed a Form 12b-25 with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Fannie Mae indicated that its external auditors could not complete their reviews of its financial statements and noted the possibility of up to a $9 billion loss dating back to 2001. As a result, OHFEO has determined it will not provide a monthly capital classification at this time."
•Letter dated June 16, 2006, from OHFEO Director Lockhart to Senator Chuck Hagel: "...In January 1999, Chairman and CEO Franklin Raines approved a recommendation made by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) (Tom Howard) and the Controller (Leanne Spencer) to defer recognition of $200 million in amortization expense. This deferral, along with other accounting decisions made at that time relating to provisions for loan losses and the recognition of low-income housing tax credits, allowed management to meet the EPS threshold for maximum bonuses."
Overall, these documents show that Congress was made aware of the massive problems at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac over the last six years. Yet liberals, led by Congressman Barney Frank, repeatedly blocked attempts to rein in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

For example, during a hearing on September 10, 2003, before the House Committee on Financial Services considering a Bush administration proposal to further regulate Fannie and Freddie, Rep. Frank stated: "I want to begin by saying that I am glad to consider the legislation, but I do not think we are facing any kind of a crisis. That is, in my view, the two government sponsored enterprises we are talking about here, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not in a crisis. We have recently had an accounting problem with Freddie Mac that has led to people being dismissed, as appears to be appropriate. I do not think at this point there is a problem with a threat to the Treasury."

"These new documents show that liberals in Congress were reckless when it came to the massive taxpayer liabilities related to Fannie Mae and Fannie Mac," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. "Government officials at FHFA repeatedly sounded the alarm regarding fraud, abuse and corruption at these two GSEs while liberals in Congress, led by Barney Frank, blocked attempts to address the situation in a meaningful way."

All of the Documents Uncovered

•Documents regarding a specific case
•Documents from Feb 2003 - Dec 2003
•Documents from Mar 2004 - Dec 2004
•Documents from Feb 2005 - Apr 2005
•Documents from April 6, 2005 Congressional meeting
•Documents from Mar 2006 - Dec 2006
•Documents from Feb 2007 - Mar 2007
•Documents from Mar 2007 - Apr 2007
•Documents from Apr 2007 - Nov 2007
•Documents from Nov 2007 - Dec 2007
•Documents from Mar 2008 - Oct 2008
•Documents from Oct 2008 - Dec 2008

New Documents Uncovered by Judicial Watch Show Congress Ignored Corruption at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for Years | Judicial Watch

Barry has had a lot of his dirty deeds scrubbed from the public eye!!! Hitler!!!!

And yet, you cared enough to put up your earlier weak, apologist, half-baked defense of this.

Actually I cared enough about veracity in journalism to argue this, not ACORN.
First of all, the kids aren't journalists, neither is Brietbart.

Secondly, it's far more important to me where BILLIONS of our tax dollars are going.

Will you at least agree that Congress needs to shut that spigot to ACORN off, until they have fully investigated this organization?

Hey republicans!!

You just got humiliated on education??

You just got humiliated on health care

What you going to do about it?

Umm....Ummm.....ACORN.....birth certificate

That's not my quote.

Never said it was, but it's not the first time I've read it, either. A good many wingers seem to believe this.

Besides the fact that ACORN themselves found and reported the abuses
Yes, throwing some volunteers under the bus to make it look like self-policing is a great PR move, provided one trusts ACORN. Wagging the dog.

Are you suggesting they actively promote voter registration fraud?

Tell me Erik, you are conceding ACORN shouldn't be registering voters. Should they be getting ANY of our tax dollars? For anything?

You're aware billions are coming to them from the stimulus bill they helped write, and from this health scare reform bill too?

Will you agree Congress needs to investigate this organization -- open up this can of corn -- before any more of OUR money goes to them?

I wouldn't have a problem with them being investigated if it would shut some people up, but I don't see anything wrong with them as an organization. They also help people. If our tax dollars can go to social organizations that the previous POTUS favored for his faith-based initiative (somnething I sure as hell didn't want, btw), it can go to this one, too.

Btw, did they really "help write" the stimulus bill?

Forum List

Back