ACLU strikes again

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
I attempted to find an internet entry on this but came up dry. This morning FOX news reported an item on the ACLU. Obviously I cannot quote the entire article, but I can paraphrase adequately to relay the gist of the item without distorting it.

Seems that the Executive Director of the ACLU accepted $500,000 in federal funds. One of the conditions for eligibility to accept this money was that the ACLU had to comply with the Patriot Act in that they promised not to hire any person who was on the "terror watch" list.

Apparently the rank and file of the ACLU raised hell over the Director's acceptance of the half million dollars under those conditions. The Director then made the statement that he never had any intention of complying with the Patriot Act. He further stated that "I printed it out (the watch list), but I had no intention of reading it".

Which brings me to my question. Why isn't this pimply dork in prison? The scum rips off the taxpayer for a cool half million. Last time I looked, that qualified as grand larceny.

Isn't that nice? The high and mighty, self-righteous champion of child molestors shows its true colors. They take our money, but refuse to cooperate in the war on terror as they had promised to do when they accepted the cash. Just another pack of greedy, crooked shysters with the ethics of a hyena.

:firing:

Merlin1047 said:
I attempted to find an internet entry on this but came up dry. This morning FOX news reported an item on the ACLU. Obviously I cannot quote the entire article, but I can paraphrase adequately to relay the gist of the item without distorting it.

Seems that the Executive Director of the ACLU accepted $500,000 in federal funds. One of the conditions for eligibility to accept this money was that the ACLU had to comply with the Patriot Act in that they promised not to hire any person who was on the "terror watch" list.

Apparently the rank and file of the ACLU raised hell over the Director's acceptance of the half million dollars under those conditions. The Director then made the statement that he never had any intention of complying with the Patriot Act. He further stated that "I printed it out (the watch list), but I had no intention of reading it".

Which brings me to my question. Why isn't this pimply dork in prison? The scum rips off the taxpayer for a cool half million. Last time I looked, that qualified as grand larceny.

Isn't that nice? The high and mighty, self-righteous champion of child molestors shows its true colors. They take our money, but refuse to cooperate in the war on terror as they had promised to do when they accepted the cash. Just another pack of greedy, crooked shysters with the ethics of a hyena.

I saw somthing earlier that referred to the ACLU saying they would 'try' not to employ anyone on the 'watch list'. Found this though, which I thought interesting:

http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion...,0,1661376.story?coll=ny-viewpoints-headlines

I think the bigger question is what in the heck is the federal government doing depriving people of the rights without due process?

I dont trust the aclu.

I dont trust the aclu.

You don’t trust the ACLU to do what? Relatively speaking, I would not trust members of the ACLU to perform brain surgery. Nor would I trust the ACLU to protect and defend America against terrorists. I would trust the ACLU to help protect civil liberties.

Similarly, and relatively speaking, I would not trust members of the Bush administration to perform brain surgery. Nor would I trust them to help protect civil liberties. I would trust them to protect America against terrorists.

You don’t trust the ACLU to do what? Relatively speaking, I would not trust members of the ACLU to perform brain surgery. Nor would I trust the ACLU to protect and defend America against terrorists. I would trust the ACLU to help protect civil liberties.

Similarly, and relatively speaking, I would not trust members of the Bush administration to perform brain surgery. Nor would I trust them to help protect civil liberties. I would trust them to protect America against terrorists.

well said....each have made questionable choices.....

Forum List

Back