according to McCain since Comey firing 'There will be more shoes to drop'

JohnnyApplesack

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2011
“This scandal is going to go on. I’ve seen it before,” McCain told a meeting of the Munich Security Conference core group. “This is a centipede. I guarantee you there will be more shoes to drop, I can just guarantee it. There’s just too much information that we don’t have that will be coming out.” He called Trump’s actions against Comey “unprecedented” and said the position of FBI director has held special meaning in American public life dating back decades.

“I remember the Saturday Night Massacre,” McCain told the mostly European and American guests, referring to the 1973 incident when President Nixon fired the special prosecutor looking into the Watergate break-in, Archibald Cox.

Opinion | John McCain on Comey firing: ‘There will be more shoes to drop’

however McCain flip flops consistently and generally says what's expedient at the time, like most all Repubs

CLINTON FIRES SESSIONS AS FBI DIRECTOR

"Clinton telephoned Sessions yesterday afternoon to inform him that he had been fired and then called back several minutes later to remind him that the dismissal was "effective immediately." The president told reporters afterwards that he acted after Attorney General Janet Reno "reported to me in no uncertain terms that he {Sessions} can no longer effectively lead the bureau and law enforcement community" and that he agreed with that assessment.

Clinton, who said it was time to end "the turmoil now in the bureau" and "give the crime fighters the leadership they deserve," is expected to announce today that he has selected federal Judge Louis J. Freeh of Manhattan, a 43-year-old former FBI agent and federal prosecutor, to head the agency. Clinton interviewed Freeh at the White House for two hours on Friday night, press secretary Dee Dee Myers said."

“This scandal is going to go on. I’ve seen it before,” McCain told a meeting of the Munich Security Conference core group. “This is a centipede. I guarantee you there will be more shoes to drop, I can just guarantee it. There’s just too much information that we don’t have that will be coming out.” He called Trump’s actions against Comey “unprecedented” and said the position of FBI director has held special meaning in American public life dating back decades.

“I remember the Saturday Night Massacre,” McCain told the mostly European and American guests, referring to the 1973 incident when President Nixon fired the special prosecutor looking into the Watergate break-in, Archibald Cox.

Opinion | John McCain on Comey firing: ‘There will be more shoes to drop’

however McCain flip flops consistently and generally says what's expedient at the time, like most all Repubs
The only thing he flip-flops on is that he accepts some of the Trump nominees. Let's hope he doesn't continue this trend, at least not with the more pertinent nominations.

'There will be more shoes to drop'

Let's hope so. There are still a lot of Democratic holdovers trying to undermine the country that need to get fired.

Forum List

Back