Accidental gun discharges in AL & TN

'Accidental gun discharge' is my new least favourite term.

Guns do not go off unless you pull their trigger. They're designed not to with any number of safety mechanisms built-in so it's physically impossible for them to go off other than by pulling their trigger.

Accidental gun discharge as it relates to this issue is a relative term.

For example you might have a bunch of amped up cops unnecessarily waving their guns around at somebody and one them accidently busts a cap and that somebody is now dead.

Or the gun does in fact bust a cap without pulling the trigger leaving somebody dead on the ground.

Either way accidential gun discharge is used to both describe and classify what happened.

As I thought I made clear, guns are physically incapable of discharging a round unless you operate the trigger. You may have operated the trigger unitentionally, but you still fired the weapon. The weapon didn't spontaneously take on sentience and operate itself.

I'm no where near as certain in your belief as you are.

In the U.S. guns are handled millions of times each day, but let's dwell on the rare occasion when someone fucks up.

17,000 people are accidently shot each year.

And with over 300 million guns in the U.S. handled freely any time the owners wish, I would say that's a pretty minor figure.

Yes....over 320 million guns....and only 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013......pretty safe handling record for all those guns......cars can't boast that number.....over 35,000 accidental deaths in cars....

Yes and cars are used daily by over 200 million drivers. I know a lot of gun owners who go hunting once a year... Go count the traffic at your local gun range and compare that to the cars on the interstate. More cars in 5 min than the range gets shooters all day.

Sadly brain, you and your gun grabber post show one thing...if you go to the link and look at the murder rates.....they are coming down, even in Alabama...thanks for that link.....

Yes it has been coming down in the whole country. Funny the concealed carry capital of the country comes in at #2 for murders. Guess carrying doesn't make people safer.

Sure it does....again, you just said it...with over 11.1 million people now carrying guns the gun murder rate as well as murder in general is going down, not up....

Yes but clearly it is not effected by concealed carry. The rate has been going down for 30 years. And the state with the most carry is one if the most dangerous.

Actually, democrat controlled cities are the most dangerous....take Tennessee....6 of it's largest cities have been under democrat control....and 2 of them are the most dangerous in the country....

And Alabama.....the entire state has the same gun laws.....and not all the areas are as bad......

2013 Crime Stats Released for Alabama WHNT.com

In the U.S. guns are handled millions of times each day, but let's dwell on the rare occasion when someone fucks up.

And with over 300 million guns in the U.S. handled freely any time the owners wish, I would say that's a pretty minor figure.

Yes....over 320 million guns....and only 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013......pretty safe handling record for all those guns......cars can't boast that number.....over 35,000 accidental deaths in cars....

Yes and cars are used daily by over 200 million drivers. I know a lot of gun owners who go hunting once a year... Go count the traffic at your local gun range and compare that to the cars on the interstate. More cars in 5 min than the range gets shooters all day.

But they still kill more people in accidents each year than guns...ban cars, not guns........

Sadly brain, you and your gun grabber post show one thing...if you go to the link and look at the murder rates.....they are coming down, even in Alabama...thanks for that link.....

Yes it has been coming down in the whole country. Funny the concealed carry capital of the country comes in at #2 for murders. Guess carrying doesn't make people safer.

Sure it does....again, you just said it...with over 11.1 million people now carrying guns the gun murder rate as well as murder in general is going down, not up....

Yes but clearly it is not effected by concealed carry. The rate has been going down for 30 years. And the state with the most carry is one if the most dangerous.

Actually, democrat controlled cities are the most dangerous....take Tennessee....6 of it's largest cities have been under democrat control....and 2 of them are the most dangerous in the country....

And Alabama.....the entire state has the same gun laws.....and not all the areas are as bad......

Cities are always the most dangerous. Lots of people packed into small area. As a state however Alabama #2 in murder and #1 in concealed carry. Not good.

But they still kill more people in accidents each year than guns...ban cars, not guns........

I wouldn't ban either.

Cities are always the most dangerous. Lots of people packed into small area. As a state however Alabama #2 in murder and #1 in concealed carry. Not good.

Brain...you are going to have to link your Alabama is #1 in concealed carry...politifact disagrees with you....

Which state has the most gun permits PolitiFact Florida

Brain...you are going to have to link your Alabama is #1 in concealed carry...politifact disagrees with you....

Comparing state permit figures

A spokesman for Bush’s PAC referred us to an August 2014 article in the Washington Times, which stated Florida led the nation with 1.3 million in concealed carry permits while Texas came in second with just over 708,000. We sought to independently find current statistics.

The U.S. Government Accountability Office, the investigative arm of Congress, last studied the number of active concealed weapons permits by state in 2012 based on data as of Dec. 31, 2011, in most cases.

It found Florida was No. 1 with 887,000 permits at the time, followed by Pennsylvania 786,000, Georgia 600,000 permits and Texas with 519,000 permits.

Looking for more current numbers, we found Florida had nearly 1.4 million permit holders as of March 2015, while Texas has 825,957 as of December 2014, according to each state's official count. Florida’s number is about 1.7 times higher than Texas, which is close to Bush’s words of "nearly double."

To determine if Texas is No. 2, we tried to find a more current number for gun permits in Pennsylvania and Georgia. Those two states don’t make such data as readily and publicly available as Florida and Texas.

Pennsylvania has 1,064,360 active carry permits, State Trooper Adam Reed, a spokesman for the state police, told PolitiFact.

So Pennsylvania, not Texas, is No. 2.

Care to link where you got your info. brain........considering it seems you are wrong......

The Crime Prevention Research Center says you are wrong as well.....

so if you are wrong on that.....you are probably wrong on the rest....right?

Tell me you didn't trust an anti gun website to get that comparison.....that would be a big mistake......considering I used the left wing Politifact to check the number and they say you are wrong on the concealed carry permit number.......

And then you would have to explain how Puerto Rico.....an Island...with the strictest gun control in the United States and it's protectorates........has one of the highest murder rates in the world....you can't just drive across a border and get a gun.....right?

And then you would have to explain how Puerto Rico.....an Island...with the strictest gun control in the United States and it's protectorates........has one of the highest murder rates in the world....you can't just drive across a border and get a gun.....right?

What does that have to do with Alabama?

Tell me you didn't trust an anti gun website to get that comparison.....that would be a big mistake......considering I used the left wing Politifact to check the number and they say you are wrong on the concealed carry permit number.......

The source quoted seems to have them at #3 as a percent of population. Which is still very high.

http://www.crimepreventionresearchc...y-Permit-Holders-Across-the-United-States.pdf

Not what you said brain.....at least you are using a good source for your information though.......

What does that have to do with Alabama?

Puerto Rico.....an island nation has a worse murder rate with stricter gun control than Alabama.....shows that your point is wrong.....

Puerto Rico...

Plagued By Violence Bad Economy Puerto Rico Rings In 2014 With Bang 13 Murders In 5 Days Fox News Latino

The burst of murders in the first few days of the New Year indicates that Puerto Rico’s homicide rate, which reached a record high in 2011 of 1,130, remains high above the level of the rest of the United States. Puerto Rico averages around 26.2 murders per 100,000 residents – putting it on par with countries like Mexico (23.7), the Dominican Republic (25) – a far cry from the U.S.’s 4.7 per 100,000, according to statistics compiled by the United Nation’s Office on Drugs and Crime.

Strictest gun control in the United States and it's territories.........

Mexico...dittos on the gun control.....

The source quoted seems to have them at #3 as a percent of population. Which is still very high.

http://www.crimepreventionresearchc...y-Permit-Holders-Across-the-United-States.pdf

Not what you said brain.....at least you are using a good source for your information though.......

I went off the OP article. That article said this was its source.

And wouldn't you know it, Florida has more registered democrats than republicans. I wonder how the fuctards are gonna explain that one away.

Forum List

Back