Accidental gun discharges in AL & TN

Brain357

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2013
Accidental gun discharges ‘most distinctive cause of death’ in Alabama & Tennessee

MADISON, Ala. (WHNT) – When you think of what causing people to die in various states, you may think heart disease or cancer play a role, and they most certainly do. However, a newly released report by the CDC shows the most distinctive cause of death here in Alabama and Tennessee is accidental gun discharge.

According to The Crime Prevention Research Center, Alabama leads the nation in concealed carry permits. Unfortunately, guns also have consequences that can sometimes be fatal.

Accidental gun discharges most distinctive cause of death in Alabama Tennessee local defense expert weighs in WHNT.com

'Accidental gun discharge' is my new least favourite term.

Guns do not go off unless you pull their trigger. They're designed not to with any number of safety mechanisms built-in so it's physically impossible for them to go off other than by pulling their trigger.

Why can't these fools control their guns?

I've handled guns for more than 50 years and have yet to drop one in a restaurant, shoot someone in church, leave a gun in a restroom, shoot myself in the foot, have one toddler shoot and kill another toddler .......................

I've handled guns for more than 50 years and have yet to drop one in a restaurant, shoot someone in church, leave a gun in a restroom, shoot myself in the foot, have one toddler shoot and kill another toddler .......................

Had a WWII 1911 I cocked (unloaded) and dropped and threw around trying to make it go off. It never did. And it didn't have the modern safety features newer weapons do.

For a gun to discharge the hammer must be in the cocked position so when let loose it strike a bullet's primer charge propelling the bullet out of the weapon. Short of the hammer being cocked and released, a weapon's just a piece of metal. Hammer's don't cock by themselves, nor do they release randomly according to the Uncertainty Principle. :)

Oh, great. Soon as Al and Jesse and the rest of the race pimps hear about this we'll have a new excuse for the thousands of blacks murdering blacks all across the country. The shootings are all accidental.

He accidently blew the boy's brains out for the cool Nikes he was wearing. Shit happens.

Accidental gun discharges ‘most distinctive cause of death’ in Alabama & Tennessee

MADISON, Ala. (WHNT) – When you think of what causing people to die in various states, you may think heart disease or cancer play a role, and they most certainly do. However, a newly released report by the CDC shows the most distinctive cause of death here in Alabama and Tennessee is accidental gun discharge.

According to The Crime Prevention Research Center, Alabama leads the nation in concealed carry permits. Unfortunately, guns also have consequences that can sometimes be fatal.

Accidental gun discharges most distinctive cause of death in Alabama Tennessee local defense expert weighs in WHNT.com

Alabama is #1 in concealed carry and #2 in murder.
Murder Rates Nationally and By State Death Penalty Information Center

In the U.S. guns are handled millions of times each day, but let's dwell on the rare occasion when someone fucks up.

Guns do not go off unless you pull their trigger. They're designed not to with any number of safety mechanisms built-in so it's physically impossible for them to go off other than by pulling their trigger.

Accidental gun discharge as it relates to this issue is a relative term.

For example you might have a bunch of amped up cops unnecessarily waving their guns around at somebody and one them accidently busts a cap and that somebody is now dead.

Or the gun does in fact bust a cap without pulling the trigger leaving somebody dead on the ground.

Either way accidential gun discharge is used to both describe and classify what happened.

Accidental gun discharge as it relates to this issue is a relative term.

For example you might have a bunch of amped up cops unnecessarily waving their guns around at somebody and one them accidently busts a cap and that somebody is now dead.

Or the gun does in fact bust a cap without pulling the trigger leaving somebody dead on the ground.

Either way accidential gun discharge is used to both describe and classify what happened.

As I thought I made clear, guns are physically incapable of discharging a round unless you operate the trigger. You may have operated the trigger unitentionally, but you still fired the weapon. The weapon didn't spontaneously take on sentience and operate itself.

Good for you. Like most of us, you're a competent gun handler. Keep up the good work.

Sadly brain, you and your gun grabber post show one thing...if you go to the link and look at the murder rates.....they are coming down, even in Alabama...thanks for that link.....

Sadly brain, you and your gun grabber post show one thing...if you go to the link and look at the murder rates.....they are coming down, even in Alabama...thanks for that link.....

Yes it has been coming down in the whole country. Funny the concealed carry capital of the country comes in at #2 for murders. Guess carrying doesn't make people safer.

In the U.S. guns are handled millions of times each day, but let's dwell on the rare occasion when someone fucks up.

17,000 people are accidently shot each year.

And with over 300 million guns in the U.S. handled freely any time the owners wish, I would say that's a pretty minor figure.

Yes....over 320 million guns....and only 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013......pretty safe handling record for all those guns......cars can't boast that number.....over 35,000 accidental deaths in cars....

Yes it has been coming down in the whole country. Funny the concealed carry capital of the country comes in at #2 for murders. Guess carrying doesn't make people safer.

Sure it does....again, you just said it...with over 11.1 million people now carrying guns the gun murder rate as well as murder in general is going down, not up....

17,000 people are accidently shot each year.

And with over 300 million guns in the U.S. handled freely any time the owners wish, I would say that's a pretty minor figure.

I would say it needs a lot of improvement.

Nothing wrong with working to reduce accidents, but since liberals always have an ulterior motive when it comes to guns, beware of any rules, laws or policies they seek.

Sure it does....again, you just said it...with over 11.1 million people now carrying guns the gun murder rate as well as murder in general is going down, not up....

Yes but clearly it is not effected by concealed carry. The rate has been going down for 30 years. And the state with the most carry is one if the most dangerous.

Forum List

Back