Accidental gun deaths...505. Accidental Medical deaths, 250,000.

Many gun owners have hundreds of guns. They have more guns than hands. The number of guns does not matter. Our rates of death compared to other countries is what matters.

Nope......that doesn't matter at all.....normal, law abiding people do not shoot other people...

Britain confiscated their guns.....now only criminals and cops have guns....and their gun murder rate stayed the same...but the gun crime rate did increase last year by 4%....in an island nation....which confiscated civilian guns ....and has extreme gun control for the rich and powerful and their hunting shotguns......

How does their gun crime rate compare to ours?

It was always lower than ours even before they confiscated their guns......they confiscated their guns...and the gun crime rate stayed the same...confiscating guns from people who did not use them to commit crime did not lower the gun crime rate...in fact it went up....then went back to the same level.......

They had a low gun murder rate compared to us long before they confiscated guns.......and our gun murder rate went down as more Americans owned and carried guns....

You mean crime has gone down since the Bill Clinton crime bill.

Crime has gone down as more Americans own and carry guns.......it did not go up...which completely destroys your anti gun argument........more guns does not equal more gun crime.....you are wrong......have been wrong and are still wrong....twit.
I have never claimed it would increase crime.

Accidental deaths are up.

Nothin' new here. Same old arguments; I swear they're prerecorded.
I don't know how they counted 1,500,000 times a year when guns prevented something from happening. How do you count that? Sounds like a police interactions stat, to me.
Your numbers are obscene. 320,000,000 million guns in private hands is NOT necessary in anybody's book.

That is exactly what the Germans thought in the 1920s........because by 1939 that many guns in the hands of Jews and poliltical oppostition would have made their death camps unworkable......

Dittos the slaves in the democrat controlled south...that many guns and there is no slavery........

Dittos the Mexicans south of our border...that many guns in the hands of normal Mexicans and the government and the drug cartels can't murder enough people to put in their new ovens.......

I see what you mean.......mass murderers, genocidal governments and ethnic cleansers around the world completely agree with you......do you enjoy being on that side of the issue?
We have talked about this before. It is disrespectful to keep bringing up the Nazi victims as deluded people who could have somehow defended themselves from Hitler with handguns. If you aren't a computer generated program, I do wish you would quit throwing that one at me.

You don't like it because it puts in bold relief the stupidity or your position on guns....had the rest of Europe been as well armed as the civilians in Switzerland, the Germans could not have held any of the territory they took...and they could not have murdered 12,000,000 million innocent men, women and children.....

Switzerland was not invaded....they had 435,000 civilians armed with rifles and pistols with orders and the will to resist any invasion......and German did not invade them...

With 10 pistols the Jews in the Warsaw ghetto held off the might of the German occupiers for weeks.......10 pistols.........imagine if the entire civilian population of Poland was as well armed as we are.....there would not have been a Holocaust in Poland...

And that is the truth.

Yes just a few more pistols would have defeated the Germans. :bsflag:

The population of the Warsaw ghetto at the time of the genocide was 400,000.....asswipe.

it only took 435,000 Swiss civilians , armed with rifles and Pistols to keep the Germans from invading and occupying their country....

Imagine 400,000 rifles instead of 10 pistols you moron....

1. 400,000

The ghetto was enclosed by a wall that was over 10 feet high, topped with barbed wire, and closely guarded to prevent movement between the ghetto and the rest of Warsaw. The population of the ghetto, increased by Jews compelled to move in from nearby towns, was estimated to be over 400,000 Jews.

Warsaw ghetto - United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
    https://www.ushmm.org/.../articl...
    United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

I don't know how they counted 1,500,000 times a year when guns prevented something from happening. How do you count that? Sounds like a police interactions stat, to me.
Your numbers are obscene. 320,000,000 million guns in private hands is NOT necessary in anybody's book.

That is exactly what the Germans thought in the 1920s........because by 1939 that many guns in the hands of Jews and poliltical oppostition would have made their death camps unworkable......

Dittos the slaves in the democrat controlled south...that many guns and there is no slavery........

Dittos the Mexicans south of our border...that many guns in the hands of normal Mexicans and the government and the drug cartels can't murder enough people to put in their new ovens.......

I see what you mean.......mass murderers, genocidal governments and ethnic cleansers around the world completely agree with you......do you enjoy being on that side of the issue?
We have talked about this before. It is disrespectful to keep bringing up the Nazi victims as deluded people who could have somehow defended themselves from Hitler with handguns. If you aren't a computer generated program, I do wish you would quit throwing that one at me.

You don't like it because it puts in bold relief the stupidity or your position on guns....had the rest of Europe been as well armed as the civilians in Switzerland, the Germans could not have held any of the territory they took...and they could not have murdered 12,000,000 million innocent men, women and children.....

Switzerland was not invaded....they had 435,000 civilians armed with rifles and pistols with orders and the will to resist any invasion......and German did not invade them...

With 10 pistols the Jews in the Warsaw ghetto held off the might of the German occupiers for weeks.......10 pistols.........imagine if the entire civilian population of Poland was as well armed as we are.....there would not have been a Holocaust in Poland...

And that is the truth.

The population of the Warsaw ghetto at the time of the genocide was 400,000.....asswipe.

it only took 435,000 Swiss civilians , armed with rifles and Pistols to keep the Germans from invading and occupying their country....

1. 400,000

The ghetto was enclosed by a wall that was over 10 feet high, topped with barbed wire, and closely guarded to prevent movement between the ghetto and the rest of Warsaw. The population of the ghetto, increased by Jews compelled to move in from nearby towns, was estimated to be over 400,000 Jews.

Cute, but there are many reasons they did not attack the Swiss. I doubt that is one they even considered.

Nope......that doesn't matter at all.....normal, law abiding people do not shoot other people...

Britain confiscated their guns.....now only criminals and cops have guns....and their gun murder rate stayed the same...but the gun crime rate did increase last year by 4%....in an island nation....which confiscated civilian guns ....and has extreme gun control for the rich and powerful and their hunting shotguns......

It was always lower than ours even before they confiscated their guns......they confiscated their guns...and the gun crime rate stayed the same...confiscating guns from people who did not use them to commit crime did not lower the gun crime rate...in fact it went up....then went back to the same level.......

They had a low gun murder rate compared to us long before they confiscated guns.......and our gun murder rate went down as more Americans owned and carried guns....

Crime has gone down as more Americans own and carry guns.......it did not go up...which completely destroys your anti gun argument........more guns does not equal more gun crime.....you are wrong......have been wrong and are still wrong....twit.

Yes....care to show the actual number it is up compared to the increase in gun ownership....

320,000,000 million guns in private hands in 2013.... 505 accidental gun deaths.

2015.... 357,000,000 million guns in private hands... you say 586 accidental gun deaths....

an increase of 37,000,000 million guns...to 81 new accidental gun deaths moron.

And that is the truth.

1. 400,000

For tactical reasons Hitler made repeated assurances before the outbreak of the Second World War that Germany would respect Swiss neutrality in the event of a military conflict in Europe.[2] In February 1937, he announced that "at all times, whatever happens, we will respect the inviolability and neutrality of Switzerland" to the Swiss federal councillor Edmund Schulthess, reiterating this promise shortly before the Nazi invasion of Poland.[2] These were, however, purely political maneuvers intended to guarantee Switzerland's passiveness. Nazi Germany planned to end Switzerland's independence after it had defeated its main enemies on the continent first.[2]

And that is the truth.

1. 400,000

Cute, but there are many reasons they did not attack the Swiss. I doubt that is one they even considered.

From NPR.....left wing, government information arm....

THE SWISS WERE PREPARED TO FIGHT FACISM TO THE BITTER END | FRONTLINE | PBS

That is why the Nazis despised Switzerland. Joseph Goebbels called Switzerland "this stinking little state" where "sentiment has turned very much against us." Adolf Hitler decided that "all the rubbish of small nations still existing in Europe must be liquidated," even if it meant he would later "be attacked as the 'Butcher of the Swiss.'"

The 1940 Nazi invasion plan, Operation Tannenbaum, was not executed, and SS Oberst Hermann Bohme's 1943 memorandum warned that an invasion of Switzerland would be too costly because every man was armed and trained to shoot. This did not stop the Gestapo from preparing lists of Swiss to be liquidated once the Nazis overran the country.

The other European nations were easily toppled and had little means to wage a partisan war against the occupation. Once their standing armies were defeated, the governments capitulated and the populaces were defenseless.

Only in Switzerland was the entire populace armed and prepared to wage a relentless guerrilla war against an invader. When the war began in 1939, Switzerland mobilized 435,000 citizen soldiers out of a population of 4.2 million. Production figures for Swiss service rifles, which had firepower equal to those of the Germans, demonstrate an ample supply of small arms. Swiss militiamen were instructed to disregard any alleged "official" surrender as enemy propaganda and, if necessary, to fight individually. This meant that a nation of sharpshooters would be sniping at German soldiers at long ranges from every mountain.

While neutral, Switzerland was prepared to fight a Nazi invasion to the end. The celebrated Swiss Gen. Henri Guisan developed the strategy known as defense du reduit--an initial opposition followed by a retreat into the Alps, where a relentless war to the death would be waged. Most Swiss strongly opposed Nazism. Death sentences were issued for fifth-column activities, and proclamations against anti-Semitism were passed at various official levels.

There was no Holocaust on Swiss soil, something that can not be said for France, the Netherlands, Poland or most of Europe.

Yes....care to show the actual number it is up compared to the increase in gun ownership....

320,000,000 million guns in private hands in 2013.... 505 accidental gun deaths.

2015.... 357,000,000 million guns in private hands... you say 586 accidental gun deaths....

You aren't showing ownership. Most those sales aren't to new owners. Just bubba buying gun number 200. But yes more guns equals more dead innocent people.

And that is the truth.

1. 400,000

For tactical reasons Hitler made repeated assurances before the outbreak of the Second World War that Germany would respect Swiss neutrality in the event of a military conflict in Europe.[2] In February 1937, he announced that "at all times, whatever happens, we will respect the inviolability and neutrality of Switzerland" to the Swiss federal councillor Edmund Schulthess, reiterating this promise shortly before the Nazi invasion of Poland.[2] These were, however, purely political maneuvers intended to guarantee Switzerland's passiveness. Nazi Germany planned to end Switzerland's independence after it had defeated its main enemies on the continent first.[2]

Yes........you of course take the word of hitler..........the guy who invaded everyone else...and murdered 12,000,000 million innocent, unarmed, men, women and children....who was going to ignore Switzerland.......

You really are a moron.......again.....does your mommy and daddy get you dressed in the morning...because you obviously can't feed or dress yourself......

And that is the truth.

1. 400,000

From NPR.....left wing, government information arm....

THE SWISS WERE PREPARED TO FIGHT FACISM TO THE BITTER END | FRONTLINE | PBS

That is why the Nazis despised Switzerland. Joseph Goebbels called Switzerland "this stinking little state" where "sentiment has turned very much against us." Adolf Hitler decided that "all the rubbish of small nations still existing in Europe must be liquidated," even if it meant he would later "be attacked as the 'Butcher of the Swiss.'"

The 1940 Nazi invasion plan, Operation Tannenbaum, was not executed, and SS Oberst Hermann Bohme's 1943 memorandum warned that an invasion of Switzerland would be too costly because every man was armed and trained to shoot. This did not stop the Gestapo from preparing lists of Swiss to be liquidated once the Nazis overran the country.

The other European nations were easily toppled and had little means to wage a partisan war against the occupation. Once their standing armies were defeated, the governments capitulated and the populaces were defenseless.

Only in Switzerland was the entire populace armed and prepared to wage a relentless guerrilla war against an invader. When the war began in 1939, Switzerland mobilized 435,000 citizen soldiers out of a population of 4.2 million. Production figures for Swiss service rifles, which had firepower equal to those of the Germans, demonstrate an ample supply of small arms. Swiss militiamen were instructed to disregard any alleged "official" surrender as enemy propaganda and, if necessary, to fight individually. This meant that a nation of sharpshooters would be sniping at German soldiers at long ranges from every mountain.

While neutral, Switzerland was prepared to fight a Nazi invasion to the end. The celebrated Swiss Gen. Henri Guisan developed the strategy known as defense du reduit--an initial opposition followed by a retreat into the Alps, where a relentless war to the death would be waged. Most Swiss strongly opposed Nazism. Death sentences were issued for fifth-column activities, and proclamations against anti-Semitism were passed at various official levels.

There was no Holocaust on Swiss soil, something that can not be said for France, the Netherlands, Poland or most of Europe.

It was strategy. They had bigger fish to fry first.

You aren't showing ownership. Most those sales aren't to new owners. Just bubba buying gun number 200. But yes more guns equals more dead innocent people.

Yes...the anti gun lie......only 2 guys in Idaho bought 37,000,000 million new guns...........you are a twit.....

And that is the truth.

1. 400,000

Yes........you of course take the word of hitler..........the guy who invaded everyone else...and murdered 12,000,000 million innocent, unarmed, men, women and children....who was going to ignore Switzerland.......

You really are a moron.......again.....does your mommy and daddy get you dressed in the morning...because you obviously can't feed or dress yourself......

Says the wacko still scared of hitler.

Yes...the anti gun lie......only 2 guys in Idaho bought 37,000,000 million new guns...........you are a twit.....

Most sales aren't to new gun owners.

To put a little perspective on the issue of which is more dangerous, guns or Doctors...even if you add intentional, illegal use of guns you get 8,124 gun murders in 2014.........you still don't come anywhere near the danger Doctors pose to their patients...

Blog: Medical errors now the 3rd leading cause of death in the US

A study published in the prominent medical journal BMJ concluded that errors by doctors and hospitals kills more than 250,000 people a year in the US. That's more than strokes, respiratory disease, and Alzheimers.

Why do you continue to use 505 when it dramatically increased to 586 the next year?

How many people would die without doctors?

You continue to post the most crazy stuff. Bravo.

Lying moron. T

2013...320,000,000 million guns in private hands.... 505 accidental gun deaths.

2014...357,000,000 million guns in private hands ... maybe...586 accidental gun deaths.

a change of 37,000,000 million guns.....for an addition of 81 more accidents.......

2013... 35,000 car deaths...

2013.... 3,000 drowing deaths...

from this article....250,000 accidents and mistakes in hospitals.

So it did increase dramatically. Thank you. It appears more guns equals more innocent deaths.

80 deaths per 37,000,000 ....not an issue.

35,000 car deaths

3,000 drowning deaths...
It's hard to believe that anyone is in fact this stupid.

To put a little perspective on the issue of which is more dangerous, guns or Doctors...even if you add intentional, illegal use of guns you get 8,124 gun murders in 2014.........you still don't come anywhere near the danger Doctors pose to their patients...

Blog: Medical errors now the 3rd leading cause of death in the US

A study published in the prominent medical journal BMJ concluded that errors by doctors and hospitals kills more than 250,000 people a year in the US. That's more than strokes, respiratory disease, and Alzheimers.
lol

This is truly moronic, and fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Clayton.....

"blah blah blah....false comparison blah blah blah........"

The nature of the anti-gun argument necessitates this, as every such argument is based n the same old, tired appeal to emotion, ignorance and or dishonesty.

Now, tell us how, in your mind, the fact that the US has a daily 1:16,000,000 guns used / not used to commit murder rate justifies banning the sale of guns and confiscation of existing guns.
every such argument is based n the same old, tired appeal to emotion, ignorance and or dishonesty.
I love it when you gun lovers are reduced to ad hominem attacks.
Noting that anti-gun arguments are appeals to emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty attacks the basis of the argument, not the person making the argument - and so is not an ad hom.

Now, tell us how, in your mind, the fact that the US has a daily 1:16,000,000 guns used / not used to commit murder rate justifies banning the sale of guns and confiscation of existing guns
And of course you are implying I am being emotional, ignorant and dishonest in my arguments. There is no other way to construe it.
I'm sorry you do not understand the meaning of 'ad hom' and how an attack on an argument is not attack on the person who made it.
Maybe you should get that fixed.
Where is C. Clayton Jones when you need him? I'm open to learning the difference; I went to a SUNY school and my professors didn't speak much Latin.

The nature of the anti-gun argument necessitates this, as every such argument is based n the same old, tired appeal to emotion, ignorance and or dishonesty.

Now, tell us how, in your mind, the fact that the US has a daily 1:16,000,000 guns used / not used to commit murder rate justifies banning the sale of guns and confiscation of existing guns.
every such argument is based n the same old, tired appeal to emotion, ignorance and or dishonesty.
I love it when you gun lovers are reduced to ad hominem attacks. Solves all your problems, doesn't it? It makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHATSOEVER to think that if 40% of the households in this country didn't have 320,000,000 guns in the closet, in the drawer, in the glovebox, less people would get shot. You're the ones being ignorant and dishonest. You just want to keep your killing toys.

Oldlady....here is some more information to look at.....

from CDC table 10, final death statistics....2013....

Non gun homicides....that is no guns were used......

Britain...(England, Scotland, Wales)

Total number of murders..... 640...

Guns are not the issue....our criminals commit more murder......without guns.....British criminals do not commit murder in general...it is part of their culture......

Murders in the UK

Many gun owners have hundreds of guns. They have more guns than hands. The number of guns does not matter. Our rates of death compared to other countries is what matters.

:udaman::udaman:
I've been trying to point that out to him for ages.

And that is the truth.

1. 400,000

Actually, even PBS says that was a big reason. Been there and done that one already.

I love it when you gun lovers are reduced to ad hominem attacks. Solves all your problems, doesn't it? It makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHATSOEVER to think that if 40% of the households in this country didn't have 320,000,000 guns in the closet, in the drawer, in the glovebox, less people would get shot. You're the ones being ignorant and dishonest. You just want to keep your killing toys.

Oldlady....here is some more information to look at.....

from CDC table 10, final death statistics....2013....

Non gun homicides....that is no guns were used......

Britain...(England, Scotland, Wales)

Total number of murders..... 640...

Guns are not the issue....our criminals commit more murder......without guns.....British criminals do not commit murder in general...it is part of their culture......

Murders in the UK
I will agree that "guns are not the issue" to the extent that changing our gun loving culture is the ONLY way to reduce deaths. But the arguments you keep making for MORE guns is not the answer, at all at all at all.

I love it when you gun lovers are reduced to ad hominem attacks.
Noting that anti-gun arguments are appeals to emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty attacks the basis of the argument, not the person making the argument - and so is not an ad hom.

Now, tell us how, in your mind, the fact that the US has a daily 1:16,000,000 guns used / not used to commit murder rate justifies banning the sale of guns and confiscation of existing guns
And of course you are implying I am being emotional, ignorant and dishonest in my arguments. There is no other way to construe it.
I'm sorry you do not understand the meaning of 'ad hom' and how an attack on an argument is not attack on the person who made it.
Maybe you should get that fixed.
Where is C. Clayton Jones when you need him? I'm open to learning the difference; I went to a SUNY school and my professors didn't speak much Latin.
Google is your friend.
ad hominem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back