Academy Awards Are a Farce

I haven't watched any of the award shows in a long time, they just don't catch my interest, however I am not a big movie goer, nor am I a TV watcher anymore unless it's a sports team and even then I will skip watching games to do other pastimes.

Glad that people enjoy the variety that the world has to offer.

It is refreshing to see someone who is not "I like what I like, and if you don't you are wrong!".

Who cares ? Are you kidding ? I haven't gone to a movie in 32 years. Can you think if anythung more meaningless ?

New movies are not needed. There are tens if thousands of movies out there (most on DVD). Thousands just from 2000 AD and newer.

Awards for what ? Acting ? Playing make believe ? We all act during our lives. This is something nonspecial, that requires little skill. Who hasn't recieved a birthday present, and acted as if they really liked it ?

Isn't it bad enough we have the ludicrous Grammys, with "awards" going to people who couldn't play a chord on a guitar or piano ? Some do nothing more than just talk (often profanity and racism) into a microphone.

How long can you stand seeing unimportant, grossly overpaid people who laughably think they're important ? This is me playing the baroque tune "Rights of Man" * on the mandolin. If any of the actors who just received an "award" can do this, I'll consider them deserving of an award.

* A tune of some difficulty, with 4 continuous triplets, played twice in 2 different octaves, and in the key of G (a bit more difficult key on the mandolin, than the typical/easier keys of D and A)

clip_image002.png

Well, they got you to waste 10 minutes of your day...

Congrats, Triggered.

I haven't watched any of the award shows in a long time, they just don't catch my interest, however I am not a big movie goer, nor am I a TV watcher anymore unless it's a sports team and even then I will skip watching games to do other pastimes.

Glad that people enjoy the variety that the world has to offer.
The award shows are boring. First: there are too many of them. Second : they award actors and movies no one has ever heard of. Third :they are too self righteous and preachy.

The only movies I have seen in recent years are DC/ Marvel movies,Star Wars and Star Trek. But luckily...once they kill off the original cast ( see Marvel and Star Wars) I will be free of even those :)

My last theater visit was just over five years ago and I got in for free due to a coupon book that I had been given to the movie theater that I went to.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The film that I saw was Parental Guidance. It was okay.

A whole thread of liars. Everyone watches movies. The production values with CGI at real life levels now renders anything the imagination can dream up possible. I'll agree much of the superhero crap is the same movie over and over but there are many great films that come out every year.

But some would have everyone believe they knit and chat with Aunt Bee every day. They certainly don't read.

Again cons, where is the alt-right Hollywood? The average budget now for a Hollywood film is $100 million dollars. Even the Koch brothers are not dumb enough to risk $100 million dollars on a movie that a handful of angries will go see.

I don't see the dumb conservatives making their own hollywood or much of anything beyond whining.

You see liberals do and conservatives bitch. Conservatives don't believe enough in their beliefs to work hard at building something for themselves.

Maybe because it is bullshit?

A whole thread of liars. Everyone watches movies. The production values with CGI at real life levels now renders anything the imagination can dream up possible. I'll agree much of the superhero crap is the same movie over and over but there are many great films that come out every year.

But some would have everyone believe they knit and chat with Aunt Bee every day. They certainly don't read.

Again cons, where is the alt-right Hollywood? The average budget now for a Hollywood film is $100 million dollars. Even the Koch brothers are not dumb enough to risk $100 million dollars on a movie that a handful of angries will go see.
Boy, you got everything figured out. And you are right the money Hollywood makes comes from the whiners.

I don't see the dumb conservatives making their own hollywood or much of anything beyond whining.

You see liberals do and conservatives bitch. Conservatives don't believe enough in their beliefs to work hard at building something for themselves.

Maybe because it is bullshit?
Is this guy daf ?

PS - only because I couldn't get my video of me playing the mandolin into this forum (in the OP) , that you didn't get to see something worthwhille in music. Dang. I'll still see if I can get it in here;.

Who cares ? Are you kidding ? I haven't gone to a movie in 32 years. Can you think if anythung more meaningless ?

New movies are not needed. There are tens if thousands of movies out there (most on DVD). Thousands just from 2000 AD and newer.

Awards for what ? Acting ? Playing make believe ? We all act during our lives. This is something nonspecial, that requires little skill. Who hasn't recieved a birthday present, and acted as if they really liked it ?

Isn't it bad enough we have the ludicrous Grammys, with "awards" going to people who couldn't play a chord on a guitar or piano ? Some do nothing more than just talk (often profanity and racism) into a microphone.

How long can you stand seeing unimportant, grossly overpaid people who laughably think they're important ? This is me playing the baroque tune "Rights of Man" * on the mandolin. If any of the actors who just received an "award" can do this, I'll consider them deserving of an award.

* A tune of some difficulty, with 4 continuous triplets, played twice in 2 different octaves, and in the key of G (a bit more difficult key on the mandolin, than the typical/easier keys of D and A)

clip_image002.png

so don't watch.

problem solved.

now go have another beer.

It is refreshing to see someone who is not "I like what I like, and if you don't you are wrong!".
As well as anyone simply exercising their freedom of speech - some of which may be derogatory, but that often helps to make things get improved.

Interesting how when liberals talk, after they're finished, you don't know what the hell they said.:rolleyes:

Interesting how when liberals talk, after they're finished, you don't know what the hell they said.:rolleyes:

You can buy picture books to get yourself on a simpler track in life.

upload_2018-3-7_9-25-21.jpeg

Forum List

Back