Academic Institutions That Backed Obama Caught Red Handed

No. How is being fat reckless behavior?

stuffing your face to the point of obesity is reckless.

No. How is smoking reckless behavior?

now you're just pulling our leg, aren't you?

No, how is being pregnant reckless behavior?

my query was AFTER being advised that the pregnancy was dangerous...

How is having children reckless behaior?

pregnancy is an inherantly dangerous activity. the more pregnancies a woman has, the more dangerous they become. and the older a woman gets, the greater the risk of birth defects and other problems.

Did they? Most people have no clue what they pay for because they dont bother reading the policities. These "kids" are grown adults. Their parents shouldnt be paying for them unless there is a dire emergency. They shouldnt be getting drunk and acting recklessly. They should be responsible citizens. But they won't be if you think they somehow have a right to be an idiot, injure themselves and then expect a policy they paid for that doesn't cover such injuries to pay for their reckless behavior.

If they want a policy that covers it, they should pay the price for one. If not, they take their chances and they have to pay their own bills for their reckless actions.

Where is the lack of humanity for accepting reality that people need to face the consequences of their choices. Yeah it suck sometimes. But you arent benefiting anyone by isolating them from reality. You arent helping people by demanding they get treatment that they didn't pay for and wont pay for. If people choose to offer the treatment of their own free will without payment, more power to them. But you cannot and should not force people to do anything.

We have a responsibility to take care of ourselves. We have to deal with consequences of those actions.

yeah... better make those kids pay for things that you don't think are morally suitable.

me? i think it's immoral to tell people to piss off because some judgmental, fire and brimstone breathing pretend christian thinks they aren't moral enough for him and 'need to learn their lesson'.

Last edited:
so you think fat people should be denied coverage?

No. How is being fat reckless behavior?

smokers should be denied coverage?

No. How is smoking reckless behavior?

No, how is being pregnant reckless behavior?

someone who has had 10 pregnancies should be denied coverage?

How is having children reckless behaior?

aside from the lack of humanity in your post which implies that the parents of these kids should go broke paying for their healthcare...

THEY PAID FOR COVERAGE.

Did they? Most people have no clue what they pay for because they dont bother reading the policities. These "kids" are grown adults. Their parents shouldnt be paying for them unless there is a dire emergency. They shouldnt be getting drunk and acting recklessly. They should be responsible citizens. But they won't be if you think they somehow have a right to be an idiot, injure themselves and then expect a policy they paid for that doesn't cover such injuries to pay for their reckless behavior.

If they want a policy that covers it, they should pay the price for one. If not, they take their chances and they have to pay their own bills for their reckless actions.

Where is the lack of humanity for accepting reality that people need to face the consequences of their choices. Yeah it suck sometimes. But you arent benefiting anyone by isolating them from reality. You arent helping people by demanding they get treatment that they didn't pay for and wont pay for. If people choose to offer the treatment of their own free will without payment, more power to them. But you cannot and should not force people to do anything.

We have a responsibility to take care of ourselves. We have to deal with consequences of those actions.

unplanned pregnancies are the result of reckless behavior. pregnancy is a risky health issue.

smoking is as reckless as it gets--cigars, pipes, cigs...

being fat is reckless---a myriad of diseases follow...

driving without a seat belt is reckless...

driving a cycle without a helmut is reckless...

driving while on a cell phone is reckless...

putting off early treatment of an illness is reckless...should coverage be denied later because the costs would be greater, and the putting off was reckless?

:cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Jillian, what does learning that there are consequences to reckless behavior have to do with the Christian religion?

Rush Limbaugh abused his big fat ass and had insurance pay for treatment. President Bush drank and did lots of cocaine, and we paid for his insurance to cover him.

People engage in high risks because they are human beings. It is what people do.

Insurance is there to cover the risks that go bad.

People deal with the consequences whether they like it or not.

You are talking about personal responsibility and maturity and self-regulation. None of these belong to this discussion

later

:cool:
D.

And they pay for the coverage the are recieving. If the insurance company didnt cover a certain treatment, they are free to pay the price for insurance that will cover that treatment. But the idea that insurance companies are obligated to pay for covering reckless behavior when that person has not paid for coverage in such a situation is irresponsible and you are completely ignoring the laws of nature.

Personal responisbility, maturity, and self-regulation are a part of every discussion. Because it's inhumane to lie to people and pretend as though their choices don't have consequences. It's inhumane to lie to people and pretend as though they have no responsibility to lie to themselves and that someone else will take care of everything.

Why should an insurance company be obligated to pay to treat the injuries of reckless behavior if the person injured didn't pay for that coverage? If you pay me every month so that i provide food for you, am I thereby obligated to give you clothes as well? It makes no sense whatsoever to propose such a thing.

you're an idiot..

almost ALL medical issues are the result of reckless behavior. Insurance companies that cover medical treatment know this.

It wasn't an insurance company that was denying the students coverage...it was the policy holders---the academic institutions.

you are defending insurance companies against an argument you just made up.

see?
stupid

I'm confused...why is Dainty calling me Alice? Is it supposed to mean something?

as usual, another lying thread title in which the contents don't match the conclusion of the title

We did not have to get separate insurance for our son, but I imagine the premiums on these policies are pretty reasonable. Now if they don't pass the litmus test, they will prob. cost a fortune. On top of outrageous tuitions. Thank you for bringing this to our attention Dante. Another frickin variable to consider when looking at school for the next kid. Sheez.

Dainty is an equal opportunity loser...he makes enemies on both sides of the fence.

Should they be covering injuries caused by being drunk?

I don't really see why recklessness should be rewarded.

no... of course not... they should be denied treatment and forced to die for their indiscretions.

jesus would have wanted it that way.

Who said anything about denying someone treatment? What is wrong with being honest about what is being said instead of trying to set up straw men?

Why should insurance cover the costs of reckless behavior?

You have to cut the liberals a bit of slack on these things, Av. They are well known to be drama queens and blow shit out of proportion, often forgoing sanity, in their excitement to 'make a point'.

It's painful to watch, I know.

You have to cut the liberals a bit of slack on these things, Av. They are well known to be drama queens and blow shit out of proportion, often forgoing sanity, in their excitement to 'make a point'.

It's painful to watch, I know.

what's painful is watching you defend someone like him. *sigh*

CaliBoil is so hateful she would side with the devil himself it if meant striking out at me. I don't even know the demented woman, nor does she know me---but her hatred for me knows no bounds.

go figure

maybe too much time spent in the Southern California sun?

The most hateful people on this site currently are you, Grump and a couple of others.

Cali is not one of them. You mince around alternately attacking and proclaiming your victimhood....

The most hateful people on this site currently are you, Grump and a couple of others.

Cali is not one of them. You mince around alternately attacking and proclaiming your victimhood....

Dainty has 'issues' with me. I've had to have several of his obsessive rants removed from my profile and he does love to PM..... all to no avail, I have no desire to converse with stupid people.

Jillian, on the other hand, is a smart person (fights the desire to joke about liberals) and I would think she is only too aware of the difference between drunken stupidity leading to medical treatment and other issues such as weight which are no always due to overeating.

Umm it is not the college itself but the palns gotten from insurance companies by the colleges for their students.

From the article at the OP link:

"While some colleges negotiate broad coverage from insurers, "

This article could have been titled:
"Insurance companies shortchange students on coverage".

Spin and slant...

Not saying that the colleges could not perhaps do a better job of dealing with the insurance companies.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back