ACA web site should be fully functional by end of November

Good. :thup:

Just 6,999,999 more to go.

Oh wait. Might need more than 7 million now. Have to account for the people who were insured until recently and who now are not thanks to the ACA.
That's because their current insurance plan doesn't comply with the minimum requirements of the new law. There is nothing stopping them from getting another plan that has better coverage at a lower rate.

Oh wait. Might need more than 7 million now. Have to account for the people who were insured until recently and who now are not thanks to the ACA.
That's because their current insurance plan doesn't comply with the minimum requirements of the new law. There is nothing stopping them from getting another plan that has better coverage at a lower rate.

cant wait for those young healthy males asking for prenatal and maternity care and contraception

"I was forced to pay for it I don't care if I cant get pregnant I want my money's worth I want my prenatal and maternity care and I want those free birth control pills to go with it I paid for those also"

and by the way are you ever going to correct the lie I caught you in another thread this morning or are you a hit and run liberal make a lie in a thread then run away not to be seen again

Last edited:
As I recall, the GOP claimed that a website crashing was a GOOD thing when their newly opened gop.com went down in flames within hours of its launch! :eek:

New RNC website stumbles out of gate - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

The Republican National Committee on Tuesday tried to downplay criticism of its newly unveiled website www.gop.com, which was plagued by embarrassing omissions and numerous crashes on its first day of operation.

Among the problems were the posting of administrator passwords, a list of GOP accomplishments that ended in 2004 and a “future leaders” section that was devoid of material. In addition, the site was inaccessible for much of the day.

RNC New Media Director Todd Herman said the site was struggling from attracting “an enormous amount of traffic,” adding that the committee was adding new servers to prevent further problems accommodating Internet traffic. An RNC official did not have traffic statistics available.

In an afternoon conference call with conservative bloggers, RNC Chairman Michael Steele touted the site as “a whole new experience” that would reflect “what is going on in the streets.” Asked why the site kept crashing, Steele quipped, “It’s a little thing called traffic.”

“This thing has exploded off the blocks,” Steele insisted. “It’s a good thing when you get another email from Todd saying, ‘It’s down again.’”

As I recall, the GOP claimed that a website crashing was a GOOD thing when their newly opened gop.com went down in flames within hours of its launch! :eek:

New RNC website stumbles out of gate - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

The Republican National Committee on Tuesday tried to downplay criticism of its newly unveiled website www.gop.com, which was plagued by embarrassing omissions and numerous crashes on its first day of operation.

Among the problems were the posting of administrator passwords, a list of GOP accomplishments that ended in 2004 and a “future leaders” section that was devoid of material. In addition, the site was inaccessible for much of the day.

RNC New Media Director Todd Herman said the site was struggling from attracting “an enormous amount of traffic,” adding that the committee was adding new servers to prevent further problems accommodating Internet traffic. An RNC official did not have traffic statistics available.

In an afternoon conference call with conservative bloggers, RNC Chairman Michael Steele touted the site as “a whole new experience” that would reflect “what is going on in the streets.” Asked why the site kept crashing, Steele quipped, “It’s a little thing called traffic.”

“This thing has exploded off the blocks,” Steele insisted. “It’s a good thing when you get another email from Todd saying, ‘It’s down again.’”

And were people required by law to log on and buy something off that site?
fail comparison is just that fail comparison

Last edited:
This would not be a problem if the Neocon states didn't deny their citizens access.

Yes. Because the obvious solution for a website that hangs up and fails to load is MORE PEOPLE ACCESSING IT.

Well, I already knew you guys did not understand this law, now I have even more proof.

If the states did setup exchanges as they were supposed to, the federal site would have never had to have been implemented.

Now, I am not making any excuses for the site, it should be working since we have to take up the slack of the party of "NO". But, technically if these states had said yes to the exchanges we would not need the federal site to exist.
It seems the imperfect understanding of the law is yours.

http://healthaffairs.org/healthpolicybriefs/brief_pdfs/healthpolicybrief_96.pdf

Under the Affordable Care Act, states may
establish and run the exchange in their state,
or they may defer responsibility to the federal
government.
Since the law was enacted, the
Department of Health and Human Services
(HHS) has created multiple variations of these
two options that provide greater flexibility to
states to take on responsibility for some, but
not all, functions.

By January 1, 2014, all states must have an
operational individual and small-business
exchange, regardless of whether it is run by
the state or the federal government.​

Other than the fact that such plans are illegal. But we won't go there.

Yes. Because the obvious solution for a website that hangs up and fails to load is MORE PEOPLE ACCESSING IT.

Well, I already knew you guys did not understand this law, now I have even more proof.

If the states did setup exchanges as they were supposed to, the federal site would have never had to have been implemented.

Now, I am not making any excuses for the site, it should be working since we have to take up the slack of the party of "NO". But, technically if these states had said yes to the exchanges we would not need the federal site to exist.

government.
not all, functions.

There goes that excuse.
It's BUsh's fault. If he had pushed for health care reform and passed ACA back during his term then none of this would have happened. Yeah, that's the ticket. Obama just inherited a mess.

:lol:

It worked fine for me. But then, I live in a state that was prepared and has its own exchange. The states with a problem are the ones that didn't prepare. Take a wild guess which states didn't create their own market place.

Here is what it looks like if your enter Hawaii as your State;

Then you click on "Visit Hawaii Health Connector" and away you go to the State of Hawaii site.

Like this

Here is a list through "M" that made the effort to make their own site.

California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi

Still some like Idaho have a site, but it says, "For Open Enrollment this year, instead of the Your Health Idaho website, you’ll use HealthCare.gov"

I believe the whole issue is a bit more than simply https://www.healthcare.gov.

Why has California completed it but not Kansas? Why does Idaho not have their's completed yet?

Seems like the whiners are the ones that haven't finished their work. So, the Fed had till January 2014 to actually finish. And it is a damn shame that the roll out sucked. It is awfully nice of the Feds to go through the trouble of duplicating the individual State's job.

I've seen this behavior before, at many a place I've worked, where there is always some guy standing around bs'ing and complaining about the work that everyone else is busy doing.

And if the Congressional Hearings on this were like we always did, we would list the problems to attend to, hand out the tasks, set a due date and next meeting time, then adjourn and get to work. My spouse nearly fell off the chair at this idea, saying, "Yeah, the Congress doesn't work that way."

Last edited:

government.
not all, functions.

Liberal pwnd! :clap:

Last edited:
It worked fine for me. But then, I live in a state that was prepared and has its own exchange. The states with a problem are the ones that didn't prepare. Take a wild guess which states didn't create their own market place.

Then you click on "Visit Hawaii Health Connector" and away you go to the State of Hawaii site.
Like this
California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi
Still some like Idaho have a site, but it says, "For Open Enrollment this year, instead of the Your Health Idaho website, you’ll use HealthCare.gov"

Why has California completed it but not Kansas? Why does Idaho not have their's completed yet?

Because they don't have to!

government
not all, functions.

the state or the federal government.

Last edited:

Like this

http://healthaffairs.org/healthpolic...cybrief_96.pdf
government
not all, functions.

And neither does the Fed....

And I don't have to clean the bathroom, wash my dishes, or get up and go to work each morning. Nobody is making me do it. But I do because it is my problem, my responsibility. I suppose I could just drool on myself and not wipe my own ass and sooner or later the county health department would have to step in and put me in hospice care where someone else would wipe my ass for me.

And, I don't see that it says that Healthcare.gov is due before Jan 2014. Seems like there is three months of beta testing going on. Just like Google and Microsoft.

Of course, you are one of those dudes that stands around complaining about everyone else that is busy working.

Last edited:
This problem needs to go away, and go away fast!!!!

If the problems aren't fixed by the end of November, the American people will have this shit engrained in their memory, and base their voting on it on Election Day 2014.

Like this

http://healthaffairs.org/healthpolic...cybrief_96.pdf
government
not all, functions.

And neither does the Fed....

Really?

The FED does have to. It's a FED law!

:lol:

Like this

Seems like the whiners are the ones that haven't finished their work. So, the Fed had till January 2014 to actually finish. And it is a damn shame that the roll out sucked. It is awfully nice of the Feds to go through the trouble of duplicating the individual State's job.

I've seen this behavior before, at many a place I've worked, where there is always some guy standing around bs'ing and complaining about the work that everyone else is busy doing.

And if the Congressional Hearings on this were like we always did, we would list the problems to attend to, hand out the tasks, set a due date and next meeting time, then adjourn and get to work. My spouse nearly fell off the chair at this idea, saying, "Yeah, the Congress doesn't work that way."

Dummy data file on Healthcare.gov offers Star Wars, Transformers characters | WashingtonExaminer.com

And stay quiet.

government.
not all, functions.

There goes that excuse.
It's BUsh's fault. If he had pushed for health care reform and passed ACA back during his term then none of this would have happened. Yeah, that's the ticket. Obama just inherited a mess.
Inherited it? Yes, that's the lame excuse, isn't it?

He ASKED for the job. WANTED it. Said he could do better.

Instead, he made it worse -- but his bootlickers anxiously cover his backside.

If the problems aren't fixed by the end of November, the American people will have this shit engrained in their memory, and base their voting on it on Election Day 2014.

This problem is just the tip of the shitberg.

This problem is just the tip of the shitberg.

Nah they won't. and it isn't.

Because by January, all of the state ones and the Fed will be running. Then they still have time before filing taxes. The drop dead date is March 31st, 2014.

"The open enrollment period to purchase health insurance coverage for 2014 through the Health Insurance Marketplace runs from Oct. 1, 2013, through March 31, 2014"

Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions

Forum List

Back