ACA 2.0 Begins Tomorrow.

Europeans intermarried with the natives, which created the Hispanic race. Anglos did not. We simply killed the natives.

Are you serious? All the Europeans mated with the indios including Anglos whom were not natives anyway because they migrated to this continent just like the Europeans did. Hispanics were from Spain only. The Spanish conquistadores didn't battle with or kill any of the indios? Surely you jest. You might try taking a history class.

Any intelligent, conscientious, productive citizen.......living in a nation that does not have single payer universal health care.....needs health insurance. It is not a viable option to go without it.

......Otherwise you're selfish and stupid!!

:rofl:

True. Selfish, because without insurance, you are going to rely on some other government program to fund your brain surgery to remove the malignant tumor from your head that you can not possibly pay for. Stupid, because you may very well may not find such a public free program that will do that for you.

Europeans intermarried with the natives, which created the Hispanic race. Anglos did not. We simply killed the natives.

Are you serious? All the Europeans mated with the indios including Anglos whom were not natives anyway because they migrated to this continent just like the Europeans did. Hispanics were from Spain only. The Spanish conquistadores didn't battle with or kill any of the indios? Surely you jest. You might try taking a history class.

Any intelligent, conscientious, productive citizen.......living in a nation that does not have single payer universal health care.....needs health insurance. It is not a viable option to go without it.

True. Selfish, because without insurance, you are going to rely on some other government program to fund your brain surgery to remove the malignant tumor from your head that you can not possibly pay for. Stupid, because you may very well may not find such a public free program that will do that for you.

I am financially independent and can afford any surgery I need. Why should I be forced to buy a product I don't need? I self insure.

I don't have health insurance. I've never had health insurance as an adult. I'm still opted out. The fine is in the mail. I won't pay it. Call it stupidity if you want. I call it civil disobedience. I'm 45 years old now, so I've lived for 27 years as an adult. By not purchasing health insurance (at a bargain rate of $200/month) I've saved about $65,000. I could break my arm tomorrow, pay the $4k out of pocket, and it would only take me 20 months to recover that $4k by not purchasing insurance. Essentially, I could break my arm once every 20 months and break even, if it's even possible to find a policy for $200/month. I could be underestimating my savings.

stupid? Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never had a health issue I couldn't diagnose and rehab without the aid of the Healthcare Industrial Complex. We have so many more tools at our disposal today, in terms of health self-education, promoting health independence.

I've been living in this body for 45 years. I'm the expert about what's going on up in here. No doctor is going to ask me 10 minutes of questions in broken English because he just immigrated to this country and gain a better understanding of my health than me.

I am financially independent and can afford any surgery I need. Why should I be forced to buy a product I don't need? I self insure.

I'm impressed Zander. My career was in health insurance and we would rider out a brain tumor at $750,000 deductibles on self funded employer stop loss coverage. Since that was 10 years ago, that means $1,000,0000 today. And, yet, YOU, in your incredible success in becoming a billionaire, (when you are not busy posting on this board, of course), can write a check for $1,000,000 to remove your brain tumor! Way to go, pal! I believe every word of it.....

I don't have health insurance. I've never had health insurance as an adult. I'm still opted out. The fine is in the mail. I won't pay it. Call it stupidity if you want. I call it civil disobedience. I'm 45 years old now, so I've lived for 27 years as an adult. By not purchasing health insurance (at a bargain rate of $200/month) I've saved about $65,000. I could break my arm tomorrow, pay the $4k out of pocket, and it would only take me 20 months to recover that $4k by not purchasing insurance. Essentially, I could break my arm once every 20 months and break even, if it's even possible to find a policy for $200/month. I could be underestimating my savings.

stupid? Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never had a health issue I couldn't diagnose and rehab without the aid of the Healthcare Industrial Complex. We have so many more tools at our disposal today, in terms of health self-education, promoting health independence.

I've been living in this body for 45 years. I'm the expert about what's going on up in here. No doctor is going to ask me 10 minutes of questions in broken English because he just immigrated to this country and gain a better understanding of my health than me.

Well, Ok. When Jose, the uninsured immigrant, T-bones your car on the expressway, and you have a broken spine, punctured lung, and brain injuries, just put it on your credit card. No problem.

(Hint: My wife's first husband developed bone cancer at age 48. he lived for 2 1/4 more years, and his health insurance policy maxed out at $1,000,000 after only 1 1/2 years. GOOD LUCK!)

I'm impressed Zander. My career was in health insurance and we would rider out a brain tumor at $750,000 deductibles on self funded employer stop loss coverage. Since that was 10 years ago, that means $1,000,0000 today. And, yet, YOU, in your incredible success in becoming a billionaire, (when you are not busy posting on this board, of course), can write a check for $1,000,000 to remove your brain tumor! Way to go, pal! I believe every word of it.....

I honestly don't care what you believe. I have a net worth that is substantially more than 1 million (and substantially less than 1 billion!). So I can afford a $1millon surgery,.....but I doubt I'd have to pay that much. Cash patients get a huge discount.

PS- I don't spend much time posting here.....I only average about 6 posts a day.

Well, Ok. When Jose, the uninsured immigrant, T-bones your car on the expressway, and you have a broken spine, punctured lung, and brain injuries, just put it on your credit card. No problem.

That's true. And the hospital will take 25% of his paycheck when he can't afford the bill.

At some point, you've got to accept your mortality. Everything from here on out is gravy. I have no goal of maximum longevity, ending up strapped to some bed in a hospital hallway with tubes up every orifice and so many drugs coursing through my veins that I can't even remember who I am. I'll leave that ultimate fate to you guys when you are processed by the system.

That's true. And the hospital will take 25% of his paycheck when he can't afford the bill.

And you voted for that twice when you voted for the far left and Obama..

Zander is a multi-millionaire and he does not have health insurance. Cool.

That other dude is invincible. He's also wealthy and does not have health insurance. Cool.

If by the other dude you meant me, I am not wealthy. Nor do I play the role on the internet of a CEO with a Fortune 500 company and a trophy wife and an executive yacht.

Because I'm not wealthy, I choose not to pay $hundreds$ a month for something I don't need. Yes, I have good genes. I have no allergies. I have no vision problems. But, you know what, I'm sure there's a doctor somewhere that would find some drugs to put me on, or some procedures to perform on me. A doctor's diagnosis is wrong almost 40% of the time, anyway. Over 700,000 people get a gnarly infection from a hospital per year. And the most common reason for a doctor's visit in America (by far) is to seek treatment for the common cold. You need a doctor for that? Just drink fluids, rest and watch an entire season of some dumb TV show on Netflix. You don't need a doctor to tell you that. You don't need a doctor to tell you to excercise and eat fruits and vegetables. In many ways, if you think about it, there's too much health care in the US.

The more we learn about health, the more we discover the role of the mind over health. So many illnesses stem from psychosomatic roots. I tell myself that I no longer get colds or the flu, and I believe myself when I tell myself that, and guess what? I don't get colds or the flu. It's been 15 years since I had more than some morning sniffles. I can finish the backwash from the bottom of a glass of water from a flu victim, and I won't get sick. So yes, an attitude of invulnerability can have a real positive effect on health outcomes.

And you voted for that twice when you voted for the far left and Obama..

Did you just crawl out from under a rock? People have been filing bankruptcies due to hospital bills for years.

That other dude is invincible. He's also wealthy and does not have health insurance. Cool.

If by the other dude you meant me, I am not wealthy. Nor do I play the role on the internet of a CEO with a Fortune 500 company and a trophy wife and an executive yacht.

Because I'm not wealthy, I choose not to pay $hundreds$ a month for something I don't need. Yes, I have good genes. I have no allergies. I have no vision problems. But, you know what, I'm sure there's a doctor somewhere that would find some drugs to put me on, or some procedures to perform on me. A doctor's diagnosis is wrong almost 40% of the time, anyway. Over 700,000 people get a gnarly infection from a hospital per year. And the most common reason for a doctor's visit in America (by far) is to seek treatment for the common cold. In many ways, if you think about it, there's too much health care in the US.

The more we learn about health, the more we discover the role of the mind over health. So many illnesses stem from psychosomatic roots. I tell myself that I no longer get colds or the flu, and I believe myself when I tell myself that, and guess what? I don't get colds or the flu. It's been 15 years since I had more than some morning sniffles. I can finish the backwash from the bottom of a glass of water from a flu victim, and I won't get sick. So yes, an attitude of invulnerability can have a real positive effect on health outcomes.

You're part of the problem, and the rest of us are having to pay for people like you.

What are you going to do if you have a car wreck and the hospital bill is $100,000.

Because I'm not wealthy, I choose not to pay $hundreds$ a month for something I don't need. Yes, I have good genes. I have no allergies. I have no vision problems. But, you know what, I'm sure there's a doctor somewhere that would find some drugs to put me on, or some procedures to perform on me. A doctor's diagnosis is wrong almost 40% of the time, anyway. Over 700,000 people get a gnarly infection from a hospital per year. And the most common reason for a doctor's visit in America (by far) is to seek treatment for the common cold. In many ways, if you think about it, there's too much health care in the US.

You're part of the problem, and the rest of us are having to pay for people like you.

What are you going to do if you have a car wreck and the hospital bill is $100,000.

You haven't paid anything for me. I've been to the doctor once since I was 17, and paid out of pocket.

What you would do if I got into a car wreck and had a $100,000 bill is the same as you would do with any Obamacare subscriber. You'd bleed me for everything I could pay and the government would pay the rest.

You haven't paid anything for me. I've been to the doctor once since I was 17, and paid out of pocket.

What you would do if I got into a car wreck and had a $100,000 bill is the same as you would do with any Obamacare subscriber. You'd bleed me for everything I could pay and the government would pay the rest.

Sorry. You are irresponsible and lacking common sense. Enjoy life.

Sorry. You are irresponsible and lacking common sense. Enjoy life.

Maybe. But, I've saved $65,000 by not buying insurance for the last 27 years. Maybe a lot more. That aspect might appeal to someone with common sense.

Forum List

Back