Abstinence only? NO! You've got to teach about rubbers too!

Now why someone would NOT want to teach people how to properly use one BUT only teach them to NEVER have sex is a complete mistery to me.

How very cruel to pretend people will never have sex

And that's where you fail.
Period.
Assuming that parents ONLY teach abstinence.

If we are going to send money to another country to teach people in an effort to help them keep aids free then why not teach them EVERYTHING we know about aids?

WHY?

Deflection!!!
This thread has evolved into parental responsibility.

Perhaps the US should cut all funding to third world countries and let Darwin take it's course. That would pay the health care tab for Veterans as you were harping on yesterday, now wouldn't it?

Last edited:
Sorry Charlie!

Sex education should be left to parents...not to govt schools.
True, some parents fail in this area...but so do schools.
Just because a school teaches how to use a condom, doesn't mean a condom will be used.

should driving also be left solely to the parants and not schools?

how about woodworking or home economics?

should those also be left solely in the care of parental education?

Do you consider driving woodworking and home economics as on the same level from a personal standpoint as sex?

Furthermore...would you approve the school teaching your child at the age of 10 how to take a car key and insert it in the ignition...start the car...how to release the emergency brake and drive it JUST IN CASE they decide to do it? You know....an educated 10 year old as it pertains to properly driving a car will likely be more able to avoid disaster than a kid who tries to doi it without an education. No?

i do not approve of teaching 10 year olds sex education...... should be done at 15-16......

i do consider woodworking and home ec the same level as sex ed in that they should be exposed to the basics on how to correctly operate the equipment and safe use.......

how stupid do you have to be to insist only the uniformed should teach the kids ANYTHING

So should the schools teach our children the basiucs of driving at the age of ten....JUST IN CASE the kid decides to take the car without his parents knowing?

It happens you know...kids die becuase of it...

how stupid do you have to be to insist only the uniformed should teach the kids ANYTHING

So you believe the parents are uninformed?

Many are uniformed about aids.

The smart thing to do is to have people who have been trained in aids provention to teach aids provention.

WHY insist it has to be parents?

WHY????

Give us your reasoning for saying such a thing?

Do you consider driving woodworking and home economics as on the same level from a personal standpoint as sex?

Furthermore...would you approve the school teaching your child at the age of 10 how to take a car key and insert it in the ignition...start the car...how to release the emergency brake and drive it JUST IN CASE they decide to do it? You know....an educated 10 year old as it pertains to properly driving a car will likely be more able to avoid disaster than a kid who tries to doi it without an education. No?

i do not approve of teaching 10 year olds sex education...... should be done at 15-16......

i do consider woodworking and home ec the same level as sex ed in that they should be exposed to the basics on how to correctly operate the equipment and safe use.......

whoa...that is a different story.

Age 15-16? Hey, if the parents havent done the job by then, no issue with the school doing it.

But this is about teaching young children about sex ed......I believe I heard 4th graders was one proposal.

So should the schools teach our children the basiucs of driving at the age of ten....JUST IN CASE the kid decides to take the car without his parents knowing?

where did this age ten meme come from?

And that's where you fail.
Period.
Assuming that parents ONLY teach abstinence.

If we are going to send money to another country to teach people in an effort to help them keep aids free then why not teach them EVERYTHING we know about aids?

WHY?

Deflection!!!
This thread has evolved into parental responsibility.

Perhaps the US should cut all funding to third world countries and let Darwin take it's course. That would pay the health care tab for Veterans as you were harping on yesterday, now wouldn't it?

Sorry, I helped derail it. :redface: But yea, I think we should at least cut funding to China. LOL

The smart thing to do is to have people who have been trained in aids provention to teach aids provention.

WHY????

I did...many times...but I will again....

If a parent is not well educated in it, they should have the right to ask the school to do it for them in a closed environment.

But parents who prefer teaching such a "personal" subject on their own should not be forced to have a third party do it for them.

And stop making AIDS so complicated. It is a 20 minute discussion with your child.

STD's can be passed via bodily fluids. Using a condom will likely prevent transmission of the STD's but it is not 100% fool proof for the concern of rupture exists. It is best to refrain from sex until you and your partner are tested for STD's...but if you give in to temptation, the next best thing is a condom.

There....done....not very complicated.

We haven't had drivers ed in Georgia schools for years, believe it or not the kids still learn how to drive..............OMG!!! :eek:

I wonder how many kids will try to drive a car at the age of ten if their school teachers taught them how to drive at the age of 10.

I wonder how many of them wouldnt have even tried it at the age of ten if no one taught them at the age of ten.

This is not a debate about teaching young adults about sex. It is a debate about teaching young children about sex.

So lets compare apples to apples.

Is it smart to teach a 10 year old how to maneuver a car? How to make it start? How to bypass the "brake" lock on the ignition?

For myself, I knew how to drive a suburban stick at the age of 10. I was self taught. I also understood the biology of sex ever since I can remember, very young.
Which reminds me...
Who remembers the "health" films many were subject to in the 70/80s where they talked about mennnstruuuuuuuation? That's exactly how the 'educators' pronounced the word. Yep, 'dem skools shure r smaht!

where did this age ten meme come from?

4th graders.
There was a proposal in one dsitrict for it to be taught to 4th graders.

15 and 16 year olds?

If they dont know it by then, then the parents dropped the ball and I am all for sex ed for them.

Heck...We had sex ed in high school....and the teacher was HOT...making it that much more interesting.

We haven't had drivers ed in Georgia schools for years, believe it or not the kids still learn how to drive..............OMG!!! :eek:

I wonder how many kids will try to drive a car at the age of ten if their school teachers taught them how to drive at the age of 10.

I wonder how many of them wouldnt have even tried it at the age of ten if no one taught them at the age of ten.

This is not a debate about teaching young adults about sex. It is a debate about teaching young children about sex.

So lets compare apples to apples.

Is it smart to teach a 10 year old how to maneuver a car? How to make it start? How to bypass the "brake" lock on the ignition?

For myself, I knew how to drive a suburban stick at the age of 10. I was self taught. I also understood the biology of sex ever since I can remember, very young.
Which reminds me...
Who remembers the "health" films many were subject to in the 70/80s where they talked about mennnstruuuuuuuation? That's exactly how the 'educators' pronounced the word. Yep, 'dem skools shure r smaht!

My uncle taught me how to drive his pickup at the age of 14....while visiting him in New Mexico....drove it on his ranch.

A week later back in NY, I was caught by a cop driving my dads car at 2 AM on a public street.

Never would have happened if my uncle didnt teach me a week earlier.

WHY????

If a parent is not well educated in it, they should have the right to ask the school to do it for them in a closed environment.

But parents who prefer teaching such a "personal" subject on their own should not be forced to have a third party do it for them.

And stop making AIDS so complicated. It is a 20 minute discussion with your child.

STD's can be passed via bodily fluids. Using a condom will likely prevent transmission of the STD's but it is not 100% fool proof for the concern of rupture exists. It is best to refrain from sex until you and your partner are tested for STD's...but if you give in to temptation, the next best thing is a condom.

OK now what do you do about the kids whos parents taught them BAD information?

WHY????

euthanize them

WHY????

Give me an example of bad information?

i did...many times...but i will again....

And stop making aids so complicated. It is a 20 minute discussion with your child.

Std's can be passed via bodily fluids. Using a condom will likely prevent transmission of the std's but it is not 100% fool proof for the concern of rupture exists. It is best to refrain from sex until you and your partner are tested for std's...but if you give in to temptation, the next best thing is a condom.

ok now what do you do about the kids whos parents taught them bad information?

euthanize them

rotflmbo!!

Forum List

Back