Abstinence only? NO! You've got to teach about rubbers too!

sorry, didnt see the age level of the discussion, i was just talking about sex ed in general.......

i support kids under 15 being encouraged to not think about sex and instead enjoy being a child and doing innocent child things...... ride your bike, play ball, build a fort

being a child and innocent of such things like sex and drugs and driving and bill paying should be cherished.. they have the rest of their lives to think about the adult things...... let them be children.......

Let them be children *sigh* that would be nice. That also means they could still play tag, dodge ball, swing, etc on the playgrounds of school.

In this age of technology, bombardment of singing idols, billboards, TV ads, peers, newspaper articles, magazines, etc... Expecting children not to ask questions is just not realistic. If a parent is too uncomfortable answering questions, then they need to turn to their family, peers, school counselors, family friends to help them 'get' comfortable.

i dont expect them to not ask questions, but at 10 i would tell them not to worry about it now, they will learn about it later......

sorry, didnt see the age level of the discussion, i was just talking about sex ed in general.......

i support kids under 15 being encouraged to not think about sex and instead enjoy being a child and doing innocent child things...... ride your bike, play ball, build a fort

being a child and innocent of such things like sex and drugs and driving and bill paying should be cherished.. they have the rest of their lives to think about the adult things...... let them be children.......

Let them be children *sigh* that would be nice. That also means they could still play tag, dodge ball, swing, etc on the playgrounds of school.

In this age of technology, bombardment of singing idols, billboards, TV ads, peers, newspaper articles, magazines, etc... Expecting children not to ask questions is just not realistic. If a parent is too uncomfortable answering questions, then they need to turn to their family, peers, school counselors, family friends to help them 'get' comfortable.

i dont expect them to not ask questions, but at 10 i would tell them not to worry about it now, they will learn about it later......

Vaard, expecting them to wait will only make them want to explore. When my kids asked at a young age, I gave them enough information to answer the question they asked. We had "the talk" at 10 (5th grade) for my kids, waiting til middle school is too late these days.

Somehow TM thinks conservative parents aren't able to talk to their kids honestly about sex and AIDS. Unprotected sex is a recipe for disaster and it doesn't include only kids and AIDS, there are a whole lot more STDs that can be serious.

Would we parents prefer they wait, sure but the reality is if we don't tell them they'll find out on their own. Most young teens in sex ed class will tell you in a heart beat how dumb some of those things they're talking about are. They'll say, "not me", I'm smarter than that. Oh to be as invincible today as I was at 13. :)

ETA: they also need to know abstinence is an option.

Last edited:

Vaard, do you have any youngish children?
I will give my kids just enough info to satisfy their curiosity. If I didn't give them something, they would have pestered me to an early grave.

On a funny note, I will never forget this:
My male children, when they were 5/6/ish, were playing at a playground we frequented often. This playground had concrete tubes on it. One day they come out of the tubes to ask "Mom, what does F-U-C-K mean?" I about died from embarrassment! But was pleased at the same time they didn't know what the word meant, or even how to pronounce it. My response was that it was a derogatory word, often misused, for something that is special and private between parents. That's all the answer they desired for their question.

It really is that simple.

Last edited:
:link: or the stance is :lame2:

:bang3::bang3::bang3:

Well it could happen you know!

What could happen?
Children spreading aids in America, or TM providing an actual link to aid in her 'discussion'.
TM didn't say 'could', she said 'when'. Huge difference!

ANYTHING could happen...**Even Led Zeppelin said so!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**Which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread! :eusa_angel:

why do you lie about what I said?

People who are improperly educated about aids are much more likely to spread it.

Do you agree with that?

You see children grow up.

You yourself said you wont teach yours about it until they are old enough to be curious.

How old do you think the average age is for sexual ativity?

The number one way to keep from getting AIDS is abstinence. The second is using rubbers.

South African director, Discovery debut AIDS film that mixes sports, animation - Worldnews.com

So sick of Bono and others congradulating Bush on "helping" those with AIDS.

Remember, Bush refused to give US aid for any organiozation that supported the distribution of condoms.

HOW MANY BECAME INFECTED BECAUSE OF IGNORANT RIGHT WING INTRANSIGENT IDEOLOGY????

It's like the right wing and charity. They help a couple of people and congratulate themselves to no end. But they are the cause of millions suffering. THAT, they happily ignore. No surprise from the party of "let him die".

Now remember we are talking about third world countries

Well it could happen you know!

What could happen?
Children spreading aids in America, or TM providing an actual link to aid in her 'discussion'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why wont you engage in an honest debate?

You keep on saying we dont want to educate those that need to be educated.
We say we do, but at an appropriate age.

You keep talking about how we dont care about those that are not properly educated about aids.

We keep saying we do, but at the right age...

SO I have asked you what the appropriate age is in your eyes....and maybe we can agree on something.

Youhave tet to asnwer.

So I again ask...at what age should the schools teach our kids about sex and AIDS?

The only way a rubber would help TM or Deaner is if they put it over their heads........

Lots of these kids have no parents due to the rampant spread of aids do to lack of education about the disease

What could happen?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You keep talking about how we dont care about those that are not properly educated about aids.

SO I have asked you what the appropriate age is in your eyes....and maybe we can agree on something.

Youhave tet to asnwer.

So I again ask...at what age should the schools teach our kids about sex and AIDS?

That is NOT what this discussion was about , you guys changed the subject

Youhave tet to asnwer.

That is NOT what this discussion was about , you guys changed the subject

you have a one track mind.
That is EXACFLT what thois thread has been about.

You just dont want to engage in an honest debate.

You want to paint us as people that want people to die of aids becuase that is fun for you.

The debate has NEVER been anbout abolishing sexual education in the schools.
It has ALWAYS been about "what age"

SO tell me....what age?

Vaard, do you have any youngish children?
I will give my kids just enough info to satisfy their curiosity. If I didn't give them something, they would have pestered me to an early grave.

On a funny note, I will never forget this:
My male children, when they were 5/6/ish, were playing at a playground we frequented often. This playground had concrete tubes on it. One day they come out of the tubes to ask "Mom, what does F-U-C-K mean?" I about died from embarrassment! But was pleased at the same time they didn't know what the word meant, or even how to pronounce it. My response was that it was a derogatory word, often misused, for something that is special and private between parents. That's all the answer they desired for their question.

It really is that simple.

i have 22 year old twin sons....... i was married at 16 and had kids at 20......

when my kids were very young and asked me about sex, i told them it was stupid stuff adults do like drinking, smoking and driving and for them to not worry about that stupid crap until later......

at about 12-13, i explained the mechanics of sex in about as impersonal and clincally and boringly as i could......

at 15, i explained the difference between love and sex and how they should not confuse the two...... and how love is more important than sex and while they will probably have sex without love, it is not as much fun when the two are combined..... and to always put a rubber on it unless they want to have to start working their asses off to have to pay for the kid(s) or get a disease that will hurt your sexual activities for the rest of your life and possibly kill you.......

i also explained that they can come to me with ANY question or concern..... i even had a discussion with one of my sons how one of his girlfriends doesnt like giving or recieving oral sex.......

and so far they have had multiple girlfriends who i am sure they have had sex with, but no kids and no diseases, which i am pretty sure they would tell me if they did get either one of those.....

Last edited:
The number one way to keep from getting AIDS is abstinence. The second is using rubbers.

South African director, Discovery debut AIDS film that mixes sports, animation - Worldnews.com

Remember, Bush refused to give US aid for any organiozation that supported the distribution of condoms.

HOW MANY BECAME INFECTED BECAUSE OF IGNORANT RIGHT WING INTRANSIGENT IDEOLOGY????

It's like the right wing and charity. They help a couple of people and congratulate themselves to no end. But they are the cause of millions suffering. THAT, they happily ignore. No surprise from the party of "let him die".

This is the OP , quit lying about what this thread is about

eh, threads evolve and get sidetracked.......

as far as the original subject, it is a difficult thing to address in that africa is still very tribal and stuck in the dark ages and extremely limited on the whole about outside influence into their cultures.......

even with condom education, many of the men would refuse to wear them ... but then again, even more men would completelyignore abstinence advice as well.......

i fully support condom education and suppling them with them, but i dont think much good will come out of it......

Then they need to stop lying about what I was commenting on.

I was commenting on the OP NOT their new made up subject

Why do black people have by far have the most aids?

Forum List

Back