Absolute BULLSHIT

Ame®icano;1491051 said:
What law exactly she broke?

Well, it looks like, from Willow's link that i just reread so i could see if i understood it correctly: http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/87246-absolute-bullshit-2.html#post1490680

-that Rifles and shotguns in New york City, which is where this woman was, I presume, is against the law to have a rifle or a shotgun, without it being registered and permitted...maybe the cops, via this supposed friend of hers giving them the information, looked up to see if the rifle or shotgun in the photo was registered to them in new york city....and SINCE THEY WERE NOT registered or permitted, they went out to her house to verify....and they charged her with weapons charges, that still doesn't explain why she was charged with child endangerment, unless she did not have her guns locked up when the cops got there? And the marijuana charge, who really knows how that came about other than speculating, like, it could have been laying out and he saw it?

Care

You may be right. But picture alone doesn't give right to police to investigate if no law is broken and there is no probable cause. Also, kids could be posing with someone else's weapons.

Do you realize you're defending "Nazis and Good Neighbors" ?
Do you know you are defending a women who broke the law. It doesn't matter if it is wrong she still broke the law.

But that doesn't give the police the right to search and seizure. We have laws and freedom for a reason. I am not defending anyone breaking the law, but I am defending my right to privacy.

Are you suggesting the police should be able to search any of our homes for something like a picture of kids with guns?

A picture like this?

Kidsnguns300.jpg

we don't know if the cop had a search warrant, i presume he did.

we don't know if the picture alone sent them there or the eyewitness testimony of her friend who turned her in....we do know that once the pictures were given to the police by the witness filing a complaint, and no permits for the guns showing up as registered, that the police had no other choice but to investigate. AS luissa said, if harm happened due to these illegal guns, then the cops and city could be culpable....if they had not followed through...

looks like the friend was a rat fink, but again, we still don't know the friend's reasoning...true concern, or some vendetta not related?

I think willow said it best:
"so the way I read it,, people pose kids with guns, so called friend reports them,, police show up,, find illegal weapons based on state law and an arrest is made. People should move to Idaho, Florida or Texas once they are free. get the hell outta libral land."

Except what gets through in NY, Calif and Texas often is followed by other states...

well maybe they should of thought about that before they decided to keep illegal guns in their house.
You have to have a concealed weapon permit here and if I take a gun in my car with no permit, then it is my own stupid fault if I wave that gun around and get caught.

Absolute horse shit. Once again for any sane person, the mere presence of a firearm is not a danger to anyone. The posing of children with weapons is neither illegal nor is it child neglect.

What if they had the 11 month old sucking on a loaded gun like a bottle, with the safety off? There's some really dumb people in the world, so you really never know. It really depends on the photo, and I don't really see how any judgment can really be made without that piece of the puzzle.

Absolute horse shit. Once again for any sane person, the mere presence of a firearm is not a danger to anyone. The posing of children with weapons is neither illegal nor is it child neglect.

What if they had the 11 month old sucking on a loaded gun like a bottle, with the safety off? There's some really dumb people in the world, so you really never know. It really depends on the photo, and I don't really see how any judgment can really be made without that piece of the puzzle.

ahhh C'mon--the whole thread is speculation. Make a guess and take a side ! :lol:

Ame®icano;1491051 said:

Well, it looks like, from Willow's link that i just reread so i could see if i understood it correctly: http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/87246-absolute-bullshit-2.html#post1490680

-that Rifles and shotguns in New york City, which is where this woman was, I presume, is against the law to have a rifle or a shotgun, without it being registered and permitted...maybe the cops, via this supposed friend of hers giving them the information, looked up to see if the rifle or shotgun in the photo was registered to them in new york city....and SINCE THEY WERE NOT registered or permitted, they went out to her house to verify....and they charged her with weapons charges, that still doesn't explain why she was charged with child endangerment, unless she did not have her guns locked up when the cops got there? And the marijuana charge, who really knows how that came about other than speculating, like, it could have been laying out and he saw it?

Care
the cops probably caught them the same way they did with me on the marijuana part. smell!:razz:

I'm reminded of that kid they let fire an Uzi at a gun show.

It's terrible----they let kids ride bikes, skateboards and swim too.
People of all ages die and please don't tell me needlessly until you can prove the exact purpose of each human.

I could give a shit if a child fires a legal gun that their parents own legally and with their supervision.
My problem is these people were not possessing their guns legally and were breaking the laws, these people hurt gun rights more then liberals do. They give liberals cause for going after gun control.

Ame®icano;1491109 said:
Ame®icano;1491051 said:

Care

You may be right. But picture alone doesn't give right to police to investigate if no law is broken and there is no probable cause. Also, kids could be posing with someone else's weapons.
Depends on what the kids were doing in the picture. From the article, the woman thought it would be funny...which sounds as if it were more than an innocent picture of junior holding a gun.

This reminds me of the incident involving Steve Irwin and his son while feeding a crocodile.

Steve Irwin Biography - Biography.com

Irwin occasionally drew criticism for his stunts. Some said that he was exploiting the animals that appeared on his shows. He stirred up even greater controversy in 2004 for feeding a crocodile while holding his infant son. Many were shocked by the images of Irwin and his son Bob with the snapping crocodile and accused Irwin of child endangerment. Irwin was never charged in regard to this incident and stated that his son was never in harm's way. He grew up in a zoo environment and wanted the same for his son and his daughter Bindi Sue.

Personally, I would not have exploited my children like that, but I am guessing that the weapons were not loaded and the children were not in any danger whatsoever. I am not a gun expert, but I was taught to treat every gun as if it were loaded at all times.

It seems to me that these charges are much ado about nothing. I suspect the anti-gun crowd will have a field day with this one and make the parents out to be something they are not.

Immie

A weapons charge in most states indicate that either she or her boy friend or both are convicted felons in which case they may not legally possess a fire arm unless they have been pardoned. In New York it might be different.

Forum List

Back