About USMB

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
My take is that Greg is trying to make a go of this site, a site with many good and active posters. Will it be the same as when Jim ran it? No. Otherwise there would have been no sale. There was. It's Greg's to run, as he sees fit.

With that said, where are the posts on anything but bitchin about rep and rules? Saddam was killed. The new year looms, have you all nothing to say?

My take is that Greg is trying to make a go of this site, a site with many good and active posters. Will it be the same as when Jim ran it? No. Otherwise there would have been no sale. There was. It's Greg's to run, as he sees fit.

With that said, where are the posts on anything but bitchin about rep and rules? Saddam was killed. The new year looms, have you all nothing to say?
With all due respect, K, you are right. This board belongs to Greg, and yes, he can do with it as he sees fit.

My measley little 17 rep power may not mean a lot to you, but it did to me. I don't do a lot of posting all over the board; usually just in the Health & Religion forums. I don't post a lot of articles. My rep points came from MY heart & MY opinions. I worked hard to get those and do not appreciate them being taken away. So if you want to call this bitching, then go ahead.

I am glad that Saddam no longer draws breath on this earth. And I look forward to a much better New Year.

With all due respect, K, you are right. This board belongs to Greg, and yes, he can do with it as he sees fit.

My measley little 17 rep power may not mean a lot to you, but it did to me. I don't do a lot of posting all over the board; usually just in the Health & Religion forums. I don't post a lot of articles. My rep points came from MY heart & MY opinions. I worked hard to get those and do not appreciate them being taken away. So if you want to call this bitching, then go ahead.

I am glad that Saddam no longer draws breath on this earth. And I look forward to a much better New Year.

You read me wrong. I didn't mean you or any specific posters. Just the conversations have been derailed.

Anyhow, here or somewhere I wish you all a good new year. It's a better world without Saddam in it.

For the last time the rep power was reduced across the board with the same ratio intact. Your power in respect to everyone elses is just the same as before, the numbers are just a bit smaller.

Your such a good cheerleader, K. I hope you get handsomely rewarded.

Greg seems to be an experienced big boy and understands that people have some feelings to express before we return to business as usual. Now that Jim has opened another board it has doubled the places where the same amount of posters visit. Competition, one might call it. Doesn't surprise me that things have temporarily dropped off bit.

Your such a good cheerleader, K. I hope you get handsomely rewarded.

Greg seems to be an experienced big boy and understands that people have some feelings to express before we return to business as usual. Now that Jim has opened another board it has doubled the places where the same amount of posters visit. Competition, one might call it. Doesn't surprise me that things have temporarily dropped off bit.

I wasn't cheerleading, rather hoping people would start posting some things to discuss, rather than discussing how they are going to...

Kathianne was merely making the point that we should carry on as usual. I wouldn't call it cheerleading!

You made a good point. We need to bitch a little and then move on. I believe Greg did probably expect a bit of that.

I just hope you stick it out duck cause you have always usually been an "on topic" sort with some great writings and points.

I hereby promise as my New Year's resolution not to address individuals when posting in a thread as in accordance with newly revised regulations concerning such activity.

Hey Greg - bring back the cool heads man! Please!

Emmett out!

Kathianne was merely making the point that we should carry on as usual. I wouldn't call it cheerleading!

You made a good point. We need to bitch a little and then move on. I believe Greg did probably expect a bit of that.

I just hope you stick it out duck cause you have always usually been an "on topic" sort with some great writings and points.

I hereby promise as my New Year's resolution not to address individuals when posting in a thread as in accordance with newly revised regulations concerning such activity.

Emmett out!

You don't like cheerleaders ??

http://dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/squad.cfm

:eusa_drool:

Old rule of thumb that for some reason a lot of people can't get:

If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.

Yes, it's Greg's board, and yes, he can do as he pleases with it. At the same time, many long-time, regular posters were fine with what it was or they wouldn't have been here.

Whether or not any changes are good or bad is subjective. IMO, some have been for the sake of change rather than to make anything better. The new avatars suck, and I'm with Joz on the rep power .... I spent a couple of years earning it and overnight lost ten points. Whether or not it is dynamically fair and equal is a moot point where perception is concerned. Something was taken away without cause.

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
For the last time the rep power was reduced across the board with the same ratio intact. Your power in respect to everyone elses is just the same as before, the numbers are just a bit smaller.

It's all about peception. You made the numbers smaller. I'm not arguing your right to do it either. The perception is however that you took something away regardless the dynamic across the board.

I wasn't cheerleading, rather hoping people would start posting some things to discuss, rather than discussing how they are going to...

It could also be the time of year. I've been busy as Hell, dealing with the holidays and social commitments they entail, while at the same time having to work 10-12 hour days.

So, some of it may be coincidence since real life commitments are increased this time of year.

Emmett out!

Shit. You'll break THAT resolution BEFORE the New year.:rofl:

Shit. You'll break THAT resolution BEFORE the New year.:rofl:

LOL! We all bit*h but it's time to move on, at least until there's something new to bit*h about! Happy New Years!

LOL! We all bit*h but it's time to move on, at least until there's something new to bit*h about! Happy New Years!

I merely expressed my opinion. Clearly, any changes made has not stopped me from posting here. As I said, it's his board and his to do with as he pleases, and I feel I'm giving him a fair shake.

A Happy New Year to you and yours as well.

If it doesn't make a difference, why'd you change it?

And you're also missing the point about getting rid of the barriers to repping or negging the same people over and over.

Pointless change is just that... pointless.

If it doesn't make a difference, why'd you change it?

And you're also missing the point about getting rid of the barriers to repping or negging the same people over and over.

Pointless change is just that... pointless.

Works out fine for me. See, I can neg rep you, then neg rep Grump, then neg rep you, then meg rep Grump .... I could put y'all 500 in the hole in an afternoon!:rofl: :rofl:

And before you get all worked up about it, I've neg repped 2 people, one one time, and one twice in three years, and neither of you were them. Just not my style.

Works out fine for me. See, I can neg rep you, then neg rep Grump, then neg rep you, then meg rep Grump .... I could put y'all 500 in the hole in an afternoon!:rofl: :rofl:

And before you get all worked up about it, I've neg repped 2 people, one one time, and one twice in three years, and neither of you were them. Just not my style.

Actually, you've given me positive rep more than once. I've only negged repped a couple of people, too. But you also aren't one of the punitive jerks. :cool:

The new avatars suck, and I'm with Joz on the rep power .... I spent a couple of years earning it and overnight lost ten points. Whether or not it is dynamically fair and equal is a moot point where perception is concerned.

bingo_clipart.jpg

Actually, you've given me positive rep more than once. I've only negged repped a couple of people, too. But you also aren't one of the punitive jerks. :cool:

I don't believe in using negative rep to punctuate ideological disagreement. That tact makes neither side of the argument more right or wrong than it was to begin with. I have used it a couple of times on complete morons whose sole intent was to pull strings while contributing nothing.

I gave you positive rep? :shock: My finger must've slipped.:eusa_doh:

Forum List

Back