About Praying

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
I remember my early years in the church. We were there three times a week and on Wednesday evenings the prayer lists were a foot and a half long. Every family had a member, a friend or knew someone who was dying from heart disease or cancer. Usually the first heart attack took a person out but those who survived it lasted another year or two as an invalid, weak and depressed.

Cancer patients had one choice...surgery. After the procedure the tumor usually
metastici ed and the cancer spread. That's all there was. Many closed casket services were held because the deceased was nothing more than a skin covered skeleton. One big foreman I had on the job lost down from 210 pounds to less than 100 pounds.

People prayed till their knees were bloody and the objects of their prayers suffered and died anyway. There's no telling how many hundreds of billions of prayers were actually documented during the 40's and 50's.

Now with sophisticated electronic diagnostic systems, diet control, stents, bypasses, pacemakers, stem cells, radiation, chemo etc. the same kind of patients live into their 80's and often their 90's. Either ol' Gawd wasn't listening or he does not give a phiddler's phuck.

I remember my early years in the church. We were there three times a week and on Wednesday evenings the prayer lists were a foot and a half long. Every family had a member, a friend or knew someone who was dying from heart disease or cancer. Usually the first heart attack took a person out but those who survived it lasted another year or two as an invalid, weak and depressed.

metastici ed and the cancer spread. That's all there was. Many closed casket services were held because the deceased was nothing more than a skin covered skeleton. One big foreman I had on the job lost down from 210 pounds to less than 100 pounds.

People prayed till their knees were bloody and the objects of their prayers suffered and died anyway. There's no telling how many hundreds of billions of prayers were actually documented during the 40's and 50's.

Now with sophisticated electronic diagnostic systems, diet control, stents, bypasses, pacemakers, stem cells, radiation, chemo etc. the same kind of patients live into their 80's and often their 90's. Either ol' Gawd wasn't listening or he does not give a phiddler's phuck.

4654109256_2d0a87008b.jpg

Still doesn't have a damn thing about answered prayers. My post proves that if there is a god out there he really doesn't give a phuck.

When I was born in 1934 the average life expectency was 61 years. Now...a child being born can expect to live on average into their late 70's. God doesn't have anything to do with it. If he did he wouldn't tell George W. Bush to unilaterally invade a third world country and not only get 4400 of our young people killed and 32,000 seriously wounded but also to wipe and over 150,000 innocent Iraqis.....that's bullschit and anybody who believes god told him to do it is rather naive...'course they're Republicans, what can I say

Last edited:

Still doesn't have a damn thing about answered prayers. My post proves that if there is a god out there he really doesn't give a phuck.

When I was born in 1934 the average life expectency was 61 years. Now...a child being born can expect to live on average into their late 70's. God doesn't have anything to do with it.

Which of course ignores the concept that God inspired the new procedures or that the answer to the prayers were the new medical procedures.

Cammmmmmmpell....we know you're a bitter old man...but what is it to you if people pray or not? Are they harming you in the process? Does it interfere in your life somehow?

You seem to have a lot of threads about what people choose to believe in, like you're frightened by those with faith.

Last I checked this was a free country, with everyone allowed to worship whatever they want, however they want.

Now we will pray for you.

When I was born in 1934 the average life expectency was 61 years. Now...a child being born can expect to live on average into their late 70's. God doesn't have anything to do with it. If he did he wouldn't tell George W. Bush to unilaterally invade a third world country and not only get 4400 of our young people killed and 32,000 seriously wounded but also to wipe and over 150,000 innocent Iraqis.....that's bullschit and anybody who believes god told him to do it is rather naive...'course they're Republicans, what can I say

I don't have to answer on behalf of God. He will answer on his own behalf soon enough. I can testify personally that he answers prayer, that he heals, and that he answers prayer. That's not what this is about though. This is about your own belief that there is no God, you're view that everyone who believes in God is a complete idiot and that you have this elitist knowledge that makes you better then those evangelical bible belt Jesus freaks. If you really wanted to know the truth about prayer when it comes to the various aspects that come with a relationship with him, you would ask.

It's a fair question, why do people remain sick even when they pray? A question I'm willing to answer. I'm not willing to put myself in a situation where I'm defending a being infinitely greater then me that in due time can and will defend himself. Nor am I going to engage in some sort of angry discourse with someone who doesn't want to know the answer anyway, they just want yell and scream and throw a fit and a spoiled tantrum because you want to be viewed as "smarter" then everyone else on a messageboard.

"Do not give that which is holy (the sacred thing) to the dogs, and do not throw your pearls before hogs, lest they trample upon them with their feet and turn and tear you in pieces." Matthew 7:6

If you REALLY want to know how prayer works BIBLICALLY in the context of having a proper relationship with God, I'll give you a verse and continue to explain.

"And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him." (1 John 5:14-15)

When I was born in 1934 the average life expectency was 61 years. Now...a child being born can expect to live on average into their late 70's. God doesn't have anything to do with it.

Which of course ignores the concept that God inspired the new procedures or that the answer to the prayers were the new medical procedures.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Delayed response and he told you what he was doing. You people are in dire need of some psychiatric attention. Anything whatsoever in the way of facts is completely blocked from your minds.

Last edited by a moderator:
The essence of your thread is why God allows bad things to happen, despite prayers and living a good life. While I know no more than the next person, I think possibly he expects us to fix our own problems. We have the intelligence and ingenuity, we just wasting it on wars, greed, selfishness, whatever. Don't know about God, but I sometimes wonder why we're screwing around on stupid inconsequential stuff instead of what's really important - improving the human condition for everybody.

The essence of your thread is why God allows bad things to happen, despite prayers and living a good life. While I know no more than the next person, I think possibly he expects us to fix our own problems. We have the intelligence and ingenuity, we just wasting it on wars, greed, selfishness, whatever. Don't know about God, but I sometimes wonder why we're screwing around on stupid inconsequential stuff instead of what's really important - improving the human condition for everybody.

You think....why would he possibly instruct George W. Bush to invade a soverien nation 10,000 miles away which had done us no harm and cause over 4000 young Amricans and over 150,000 innocent Iraqis to be killed. Bush lied like a goddamed dog and started that bullschit just to avenge the assassination attempt by Saddam Hussein on his Father. Texas justice doesn't come cheap.

Calm down, Gramps...just rest easy knowing that if you have a heart attack or develop cancer, nobody will bloody their knees over you.:thup:

You think....why would gpd possibly instruct George W. Bush to invade a soverign nation 10,000 miles away which had done us no harm and cause over 4000 young Americans and over 150,000 innocent Iraqis to be killed. Bush lied like a goddamed dog and started that bullschit just to avenge the assassination attempt by Saddam Hussein on his Father.

Texas justice doesn't come cheap.

Last edited:

You think....why would he possibly instruct George W. Bush to invade a soverien nation 10,000 miles away which had done us no harm and cause over 4000 young Amricans and over 150,000 innocent Iraqis to be killed. Bush lied like a goddamed dog and started that bullschit just to avenge the assassination attempt by Saddam Hussein on his Father. Texas justice doesn't come cheap.

What makes you think God instructed Bush to do anything? You have a lot of hate in you; you would do well to find a way to divest yourself of it. Good luck.

What makes you think God instructed Bush to do anything? You have a lot of hate in you; you would do well to find a way to divest yourself of it. Good luck.

According to Bush God told him to invade Iraq.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOTkVhfMWcw]George W Bush "GOD told me goto WAR, kill Terrorists" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnGSk6N0Ugg&feature=related]Palin "Iraq war is a task from God." - YouTube[/ame]

that vid contains some good backwalking while seated scenes with the princess of evasion.

Last edited:

I was VERY specific when filling out the hospital forms for religion.... big black sharpie marker from my purse..... SEND NO ONE!

Im coming out of it....open my eyes...and there is the priest ready to condole with me...... nice clear voice...i was amazed i could muster it....

GET OUT

fuck god and prayers.... ill take my chanced with the surgeons.

One things for ceratin those paraing for rain in TX yhis past year cannot pray straight.
Their rain got me and set a new alltime rainfall record.

Keith Olberman? KEITH FUCKING OLBERMAN? Who says REPORTEDLY Bush said something? This is unadulterated bullshit and I think you know it. I just lost a lot of respect for you.

Of course...

...Bush isn't trust worthy...

...until he says God told him something.

People lie about what God says, that therefore proves he doesn't exist.

Ughh... shut up.

It saddens me sometimes hearing how people go to church Sunday after Sunday for an hour or so, pay their "duty" to God they've never really experienced and go home. God is a very involved being to those who are willing to strive and make effort to have a close relationship with him.

I grew up seeing demons cast out, people healed, blind eyes opened, visions, dreams, etc. When I was little I came from a small church in Mississippi, about 70 members, no carpet just wooden floors. A humble small Pentecostal church, but it didn't matter what we were there for whether it was normal Sunday service or a hour long morning prayer God met us.

God wants us to understand what he's doing. God wants us to rely totally on him. He's not some distant mystical being, he's extremely involved. That's why the scriptures tell us pray without ceasing. Prayer is not a suggestion box where we ask God to fix things. Prayer is communication. God wants us to communicate with him, like we communicate with our friends, family, etc. He wants us to get close to him and the closer we get through prayer and reading his word, the more we understand what he's doing. When things go wrong it's easier to see how God is working even when we don't feel good about the situation.

Anyway, the atheists can say what they may about those evangelical fundies down in Mississippi, but we weren't burying your youth from suicide, the kids weren't suffering from depression, drugged up and cutting themselves. It was a simply humble life of hope.

Forum List

Back