Zone1 About Opening Posts ...

If I have to make 3 sentences without having any fault in English, I'll have to concentrate a little bit more:dev2:, What a hassle :04::lol:
But the rules are the rules. ;)

It's an American forum, I think it's more tolerate in the Europe section that I speak in French and still some don't want me to speak in French.

Placing aside the suggestion that it is an American web site, I think that the site operators have adopted what was likely a clever/strategic recommendation to benchmark variants of the rule system on UK definitions and terms of controversy, rather than looking to American sources/institutions, so you should be good, even if you are French.

Even if your English isn't perfect, I can always understand what you're saying. Most others likely understand as well.

Placing aside the suggestion that it is an American web site, I think that the site operators have adopted what was likely a clever/strategic recommendation to benchmark variants of the rule system on UK definitions and terms of controversy, rather than looking to American sources/institutions, so you should be good, even if you are French.

Even if your English isn't perfect, I can always understand what you're saying. Most others likely understand as well.
Yes, but I want and I respect that the forum is American it's also a bit like some members tell me how we should act in France it's really different and that's also why I want to make myself understood and find the right words :)

The rule has been amended from a minimum of 3 sentences to a minimum of 2 sentences of the thread author's own thoughts/commentary on the thread topic. Hopefully this helps some of you.

All other rules remain the same.

And 100% entirely arbitrary enforcement will continue as normal.

Jesus. Instead of lowering the bar it should have been raised. Five sentence paragraph minimum. Isn't it bad enough that society as a whole has been and continues to be dumbed down? Now we have it being reinforced here. May well return to the days of, "Get a load of this..."
While I agree with you 100% on five sentences, truth is, most people starting threads on this forum can't even put three sentences together and keep them focused on the topic. Is it a reflection of society today? Yes, I believe it is.

Even a caveman can start a thread with nothing but a meme/picture/video or copy-n-paste.

Jesus. Instead of lowering the bar it should have been raised. Five sentence paragraph minimum. Isn't it bad enough that society as a whole has been and continues to be dumbed down? Now we have it being reinforced here. May well return to the days of, "Get a load of this..."
"Discuss!"

Cool...

Without wanting to start another thread about A, B, or C, I'm going to ask on this existing thread...

Once upon a time, I started a thread in the CDZ about document declassification. It was locked because it was "a hot political topic".

It was at the time, ironically, right next on the thread list to a discussion about abortion. Currently there are topics in the CDZ about SCOTUS that was started last Tuesday. Much like my thread was started to discuss the finding of declassified documents at Mara-Largo which has since resulted in President Trump's indictment.

So can we get some clarification on what makes a topic "too hot" for the CDZ?

Since 'Zone 1'posts are all troll posts and so are the majority of 'CDZ' rubbish, we should be able to block all of them. I usally click on the ones on the list off to the side ,New Topics', which doesn't name the forums the threads are in, not that it matters, but some anal retentives need to know.

It sure wasn't the last time the Forum's most favored poster did it.

They killed a thread of mine when I posted three sentences; I even numbered them for the mods who can't count to three, and they killed it anyway, so we know they won't enforce the new one either, just when they feel like it.

Since 'Zone 1'posts are all troll posts and so are the majority of 'CDZ' rubbish, we should be able to block all of them. I usally click on the ones on the list off to the side ,New Topics', which doesn't name the forums the threads are in, not that it matters, but some anal retentives need to know.
That they allowed a thread about Abortion to remain open but said one about document declassification was "too hot" undercuts any legitimacy the rules have. But at the end of the day..their sandbox; their sand.

While I agree with you 100% on five sentences, truth is, most people starting threads on this forum can't even put three sentences together and keep them focused on the topic. Is it a reflection of society today? Yes, I believe it is.
A sincere something for your truthful and much needed observation . IMO. Needs to be more of a Discussion Centre than a chat box for old people and those with mental health issues .

They killed a thread of mine when I posted three sentences; I even numbered them for the mods who can't count to three, and they killed it anyway, so we know they won't enforce the new one either, just when they feel like it.
All rules here are there to provide mods with the opportunity to enforce them.

They decline this opportunity just as determinedly as they enforce them.

Forum List

Back