About "Goodbye" Threads...

Should Goodbye Threads Result In An Instant Temporary Ban?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the exception of those who actually kick the bucket or who are seriously ill....I say ban 'em. No one cares anyway. And don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out. Don't go away mad, just go away. On second thought, maybe I should just avoid those threads.....:laugh: On third thought.....I can't......Never mind.:itsok:

Last edited:
On some others forums I've participated in, in the past one site rule I found quite refreshing, was the prohibition of "goodbye threads". It worked like this...
The rule was laid out to all, that no "goodbye threads were permitted. And if someone so chose to post one anyway; the the moderation would ban that individual immediately for various amounts of time, depending on the particular site. Not only does this help such a poster avoid getting cold feet; this type of practice really helps a site stay focused on its intended topic, rather than getting cluttered up with post after post, and thread, after thread, of what amounts to nothing more than sad, attention seeking behavior.
What say y'all?

Experience has been that less of 1/2 of the "good-bye" threads actually lead to never seeing that poster again.:banana: Many are back as soon as they get a load of the "rules" elsewhere.

If they have gripes -- as long as they don't discuss SPECIFIC PEOPLE or SPECIFIC moderation -- I see no harm.

Now -- if you're gonna completely melt down and create a spectacle -- Please do that in the Flame Zone -- not Announcements. Because it's much more enjoyable to participate in actual meltdowns in one of the Taunting Forums. :badgrin: They CHERISH goodbye threads in there.

And many other forums don't have lightly moderated Taunting Areas like USMB does.
Flacc(Hi mate,Xmas Greetings to your Family and You) I was wondering after reading your statistics,of those who have been banned,what % do not return,just wondering,steve ps Flacc what member(feeling slightly uncomfortable here LOL) has had the most warnings....as for the others comment re-saying goodbye,some are Churlish indeed,others not, led by Chris the Eyes,

Looking from the outside in,for a while,I note some members have become quite shallow,actually brain DEAD and detest being the receiver of a Critique,I put it down to their New Leader Mien Trump,who SLAGGS OFF all and sundry,yet has the skin thickness of circa a micron himself<>Shamefully Crying to certain Media,saying they are picking on me,pathetic really because what he does know and lies about is,that most people DO NOT TRUST OR LIKE HIM,apart from those headless Lemmings(Incredibly some women!!!!!) who kiss the ground he walks on.

But you Mods have done a Greater Job this Year.steve

Last edited:
The goodbye threads are all the same. “This place has changed so much”. No it hasn’t

On some others forums I've participated in, in the past one site rule I found quite refreshing, was the prohibition of "goodbye threads". It worked like this...
The rule was laid out to all, that no "goodbye threads were permitted. And if someone so chose to post one anyway; the the moderation would ban that individual immediately for various amounts of time, depending on the particular site. Not only does this help such a poster avoid getting cold feet; this type of practice really helps a site stay focused on its intended topic, rather than getting cluttered up with post after post, and thread, after thread, of what amounts to nothing more than sad, attention seeking behavior.
What say y'all?

Experience has been that less of 1/2 of the "good-bye" threads actually lead to never seeing that poster again.:banana: Many are back as soon as they get a load of the "rules" elsewhere.

If they have gripes -- as long as they don't discuss SPECIFIC PEOPLE or SPECIFIC moderation -- I see no harm.

Now -- if you're gonna completely melt down and create a spectacle -- Please do that in the Flame Zone -- not Announcements. Because it's much more enjoyable to participate in actual meltdowns in one of the Taunting Forums. :badgrin: They CHERISH goodbye threads in there.

And many other forums don't have lightly moderated Taunting Areas like USMB does.
Flacc(Hi mate,Xmas Greetings to your Family and You) I was wondering after reading your statistics,of those who have been banned,what % do not return,just wondering,steve ps Flacc what member(feeling slightly uncomfortable here LOL) has had the most warnings....as for the others comment re-saying goodbye,some are Churlish indeed,others not, led by Chris the Eyes,

Looking from the outside in,for a while,I note some members have become quite shallow,actually brain DEAD and detest being the receiver of a Critique,I put it down to their New Leader Mien Trump,who SLAGGS OFF all and sundry,yet has the skin thickness of circa a micron himself<>Shamefully Crying to certain Media,saying they are picking on me,pathetic really because what he does know and lies about is,that most people DO NOT TRUST OR LIKE HIM,apart from those headless Lemmings(Incredibly some women!!!!!) who kiss the ground he walks on.

Don't blame the mods for Trump's winning. The majority of geographic America likes Trump. That stat is reflected across the internet. Polls are trash as proven in the last election . Maybe you need some PreperationH.

It's been pretty much the same since I joined in 2014, other than the software and no more reputation (I hate even bringing that up - you just know someone is going to start complaining about THAT again! Lol!). I've never seen so much bitching from so many people over a reputation ratings system on an internet forum in my life!

What say y'all?

Don't blame the mods for Trump's winning. The majority of geographic America likes Trump. That stat is reflected across the internet. Polls are trash as proven in the last election . Maybe you need some PreperationH.
R U Really sure,because the rest of the world give him a zero rating,anyhow more Americans voted for Clinton,maybe you forgot,so your Summation is clearly flawed as are Trumps imaginations,hey ho,only in America...steve

With the exception of those who actually kick the bucket or who are seriously ill....I say ban 'em. No one cares anyway. And don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out. Don't go away mad, just go away. On second thought, maybe I should just avoid those threads.....:laugh: On third thought.....I can't......Never mind.:itsok:

You can't ban someone who has kicked the bucket. Nor can a person who has kicked the bucket make a goodbye thread.

It's been pretty much the same since I joined in 2014, other than the software and no more reputation (I hate even bringing that up - you just know someone is going to start complaining about THAT again! Lol!). I've never seen so much bitching from so many people over a reputation ratings system on an internet forum in my life!
Whinging would in my opinion have been a better word Chris,to be honest.

I say goodbye all the fucking time.I just wish the people I said it to would take the hint.
`
I just disappear. I was kicked off one LGBT site, back in 2006, because the owner thought I offended all the bisexual guys there. I got the last laugh when I found out 5 months later,the forum shut down as a result of that. I left another forum where I was a mod a few months ago. I had issues with the owner. Personally, I don't ignore people because I disagree with anyone, heck, that's the whole purpose of a forum. I ignore shills and hyper-partisans. I like enjoying myself.

You can't ban someone who has kicked the bucket. Nor can a person who has kicked the bucket make a goodbye thread.
And hopefully to close this thread because it has become tedious to say the least...here goes

For all you Ultra Right Wing Trumpites with Swastika persuasions

Last edited:

I remember seeing a thread in another Forum posted by a loved one of the deceased forum member using the same log on. But, yeah, you're right.

I remember seeing a thread in another Forum posted by a loved one of the deceased forum member using the same log on. But, yeah, you're right.

Oh, I remember that thread over at PF. That was the poster's son, who came onto the site just to say goodbye for him and to thank those who were his father's friends. How sad. :(

Oh, I remember that thread over at PF. That was the poster's son, who came onto the site just to say goodbye for him and to thank those who were his father's friends. How sad. :(

I think his handle was ‘Flounder.'

Last edited:
Ever notice that “Bye” or “Goodbye” is one of the first words babies are taught to say!

No Chris,a Respectful Son, RESPECTING IS FATHER's WISHES,,,just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back