About "Goodbye" Threads...

Should Goodbye Threads Result In An Instant Temporary Ban?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
On some others forums I've participated in, in the past one site rule I found quite refreshing, was the prohibition of "goodbye threads". It worked like this...
The rule was laid out to all, that no "goodbye threads were permitted. And if someone so chose to post one anyway; the the moderation would ban that individual immediately for various amounts of time, depending on the particular site. Not only does this help such a poster avoid getting cold feet; this type of practice really helps a site stay focused on its intended topic, rather than getting cluttered up with post after post, and thread, after thread, of what amounts to nothing more than sad, attention seeking behavior.
What say y'all?

I like the hands off approach the mods here generally have. The less rules the better, IMO.
But we do have rules, none the less. Rules geared toward keeping things relevant.

If you don't like good bye threads, don't read them. I see no need for a rule against them.

If you "leave", the Poster should be required to "close" the account. This list could be updated tracked? Maybe we could look and see who quit? And why?

I suppose nothing matters if they simply create a new account-new screenname?

Forget it.

But many of you are overlooking the "fun" factor aspect of it. For those who are serious; it will do no harm. But for those who were just desperate for attention; it would be utterly maddening. Its a win-win!

But many of you are overlooking the "fun" factor aspect of it. For those who are serious; it will do no harm. But for those who were just desperate for attention; it would be utterly maddening. Its a win-win!
I usually choose the ignore function.
Or I just don't read their garbage.
Either is an option.
I don't see the point of acting like a Snowflake.

Free speech. Maybe others can encourage them to stay and contribute. Either way, I like them, it breaks the monotony.

Either is an option.
Your statements are mutually exclusive. Only snowflakes use the ignore feature...

Either is an option.
Your statements are mutually exclusive. Only snowflakes use the ignore feature...
No....Snowflakes try to get people they don't like banned.

Either is an option.
Actually "yes" the ignore feature is in fact "for snowflakes only"... Sorry. It wasn't my intent to trick you into outing yourself. It just kinda worked out that way...

Either is an option.
Actually "yes" the ignore feature is in fact "for snowflakes only"... Sorry. It wasn't my intent to trick you into outing yourself. It just kinda worked out that way...
The difference between a normal person and a Snowflake is most normal people just turn it off or avoid it.
Snowflakes want to do harm to those that offend them.
They can't handle any information that differs with their beliefs.
So I just turn off the most irrational members here at USMB.
Now you're on ignore faggot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back