Abortions: Should Women be Allowed to Choose?

tooAlive

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2012
United States
Should women be allowed to choose what they do with their bodies? Absolutely.

And they have plenty of options to choose from. Birth control pills, condoms, abstinence and natural sex.

Those are all choices.

Pregnancy isn't a choice; it's the outcome of a decision that had a choice.

And abortions aren't about a woman's body; they're about another body, very much alive, forming within the woman's body. So a woman's "right-to-choose" should be about what the woman does with her body; not the body of an infant she chose to have.

And if we can all agree that every human being is born with the inherent right to live, then abortions are clear violations of this right. As the baby is never consulted with when abortions are decided.

Now, you may argue about instances of rape where women really have no choice.

This is a very valid argument. Rapes are terribly unfortunate events, and in those cases the possibility of adoption exists. Although it must be a horrible experience for the mother, she may be the blessing a family that can't have children has been waiting for.

Great. So you want to punish the woman for getting pregnant by forcing her to have a baby she doesn't want.
Not to mention your rotten views on rape.

GTFO of a woman's body. Abortion is HER decision, not yours.

And they have plenty of options to choose from. Birth control pills, condoms, abstinence and natural sex.

Those are all choices.

And abortions aren't about a woman's body; they're about another body, very much alive, forming within the woman's body. So a woman's "right-to-choose" should be about what the woman does with her body; not the body of an infant she chose to have.

And if we can all agree that every human being is born with the inherent right to live, then abortions are clear violations of this right. As the baby is never consulted with when abortions are decided.

(My bold)

But that's the point - the fetus hasn't been born yet. Roe v. Wade established a trimester framework - abortions are allowed in the 1st trimester. The states can impose requirements in the 2nd & 3rd trimesters. Late-term abortions are rare - usually because of developmental issues with the fetus.

But I agree, I would prefer to see less invasive forms of birth control, rather than abortion used as birth control.

Great. So you want to punish the woman for getting pregnant by forcing her to have a baby she doesn't want. Not to mention your rotten views on rape.

I'll just restate what I said to you in the other thread (that you conveniently disappeared from). It's intellectual dishonesty to argue that abortion is about a "woman's body", since an abortion directly targets the body of another.

Great. So you want to punish the woman for getting pregnant by forcing her to have a baby she doesn't want. Not to mention your rotten views on rape.

I'll just restate what I said to you in the other thread (that you conveniently disappeared from). It's intellectual dishonesty to argue that abortion is about a "woman's body", since an abortion directly targets the body of another.

Not the point. That fetus is inside the woman's body, and she has the authority to dispose of it if she wishes.

Great. So you want to punish the woman for getting pregnant by forcing her to have a baby she doesn't want.

Let me be clearer with the hopes that you'll understand.

Pregnancy isn't a choice. It's an outcome. Sex is the choice.

(My bold) Interesting choice of words.

Abortion should be the fetus' decision.

Last edited:

Those are all choices.

So which is it, are you advocating placing women and their doctors in prison, or are you making a philosophical argument only.

As we know, the right to privacy prohibits the state from interfering with what a woman elects to do, as the Constitution makes paramount the woman’s liberty.

Assuming you accept the right to privacy with regard to abortion, what are your proposals to end the practice that don't involve a privacy rights violation?

Those are all choices.

So which is it, are you advocating placing women and their doctors in prison, or are you making a philosophical argument only.

As we know, the right to privacy prohibits the state from interfering with what a woman elects to do, as the Constitution makes paramount the woman’s liberty.

Assuming you accept the right to privacy with regard to abortion, what are your proposals to end the practice that don't involve a privacy rights violation?

Whoa, hold on there. Who said anything about prison?

I'm just against abortions. If a woman gets pregnant then she has the baby. It's as simple that.

If she doesn't want the baby she can give him or her up for adoption. She should have thought of that before she chose to have sex.

Clever choice of words.

Are you going to ask the damned fetus if it wants an abortion?

How about you ask a newborn baby if it wants a bath, or its nappy changed, or if it wants to sleep? Don't be such a tool.

Not the point. That fetus is inside the woman's body, and she has the authority to dispose of it if she wishes.

If she does then why isn't abortion legal up until birth?

Those are all choices.

I'm just against abortions. If a woman gets pregnant then she has the baby. It's as simple that.

If she doesn't want the baby she can give him or her up for adoption. She should have thought of that before she chose to have sex.

If a woman gets pregnant, she can do what she likes, because it is none of your damned business what she does with HER body, so kindly fuck off out of her uterus.

And no sweetie, I don't want to punish women. I don't want to punish anyone.

Pregnancy is their decision; not mine.

You however seem to want to punish an innocent fetus for something they have nothing to do with.

In some countries it is.

You however seem to want to punish an innocent fetus for something they have nothing to do with.

A fetus is not innocent. It is nothing.

You want to punish women for having sex. You hate women and wish to control them. You are a sick freak.

If a woman gets pregnant, she can do what she likes, because it is none of your damned business what she does with HER body, so kindly fuck off out of her uterus.

Thank you proving my point.

HER body. The abortion isn't about HER body. It's about the life of a living human being inside of her body that has no say in the situation.

And I will not fuck off. I have every right to fight for the lives of those that cannot.

Last edited:

Clever choice of words.

Are you going to ask the damned fetus if it wants an abortion?

How about you ask a newborn baby if it wants a bath, or its nappy changed, or if it wants to sleep? Don't be such a tool.

Since we obviously can't, perhaps we should wait until they're old enough and ask them if they would like to continue living?

You want to punish women for having sex. You hate women and wish to control them. You are a sick freak.

262326544_conspiracy_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

A fetus is not innocent. It is nothing.

You're sick.

Last edited:

In some countries it is.

What country? China (not even)? Not a very good model there.

As it is, you're avoiding the question. If your argument is that a woman has the right to dispose of the fetus if she wishes, then that argument necessitates supporting abortion at any time for reason. But the thing is, she doesn't (and even the majority of pro-choicers don't argue she does), meaning your above quoted argument is wrong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back