Abortion: Why Men Don't Get A Say

A man that is involved in the life of his child even unborn SHOULD have a say on NOT aborting said baby.

How would that work?

The man says no abortion, the woman says abortion. It's a tie.

The man says abortion, the woman says no abortion. It's a tie.

If you make them equal participants in the decision, every time there's a disagreement, all you have is an unresolvable deadlock.

Not to mention, in order for the alleged father to be given any power of determination, he'd have to prove he's the father. How do you plan to do that?

women who believe that men should have no say in whether a woman get's an abortion but should be required to pay child support if she decided to keep the child against his wishes are clearly in favor of men being nothing more than sperm donors with wallets when convenient.

Why they hate men is anyone's guess.

When the men willfully engages in intercourse he has obligated himself, at that point, to child support, should a child result.

zzzz, the SCOTUS is full and most Justices are young, so explain to me how electing a Republican President or Congress will affect Roe v Wade?

Ginsburg will be 80 when the new Pres takes office and 3 others are in the 70's. Yes Scalia and Kennedy are 74 so if one passes on Obama can tilt the court to the left. It all depends on the circumstances.

As to Congress, appointees must make be approved and with the highly charged atmosphere that may be difficult. If the Republicans take charge of the Senate and a liberal leaves the court and they see that keeping the seat vacant will play for them they will do it. How long would the American people stand aside and let the seat stay vacant? Depends on Obama's popularity.

But this is all supposition, the future has not been written yet and strange things have occurrred before.

OMG, zzzz, Ruth will be 80? I apologize; I really did think she was much younger. In that case, you could be correct, though an appointment in 2012 would not yield a revision of Roe v Wade for several more years, in all likelihood.

Man, that is amazing.....thankies for correcting me.

Perhaps time has passed you by. You are after all a few years past the half century mark.

women who believe that men should have no say in whether a woman get's an abortion but should be required to pay child support if she decided to keep the child against his wishes are clearly in favor of men being nothing more than sperm donors with wallets when convenient.

Why they hate men is anyone's guess.

When the men willfully engages in intercourse he has obligated himself, at that point, to child support, should a child result.

Then any woman who has willfully engaged in intercourse has obligated herself to having a child should one result. See how THAT works?

A man that is involved in the life of his child even unborn SHOULD have a say on NOT aborting said baby.

How would that work?

If you make them equal participants in the decision, every time there's a disagreement, all you have is an unresolvable deadlock.

Not to mention, in order for the alleged father to be given any power of determination, he'd have to prove he's the father. How do you plan to do that?

a paternity test maybe ?

It takes one man and one woman to make a baby. Both really need to learn to use protection if they, as an individual, do not want a baby.

Better contraception would doubtless eliminate the need for 99% of US abortions. I agree with you on this -- especially the part about BOTH genders being equally responsible.
Better contraception is pretty much impossible.

They .1% of the time that it fails -99% of it is because morons don't use it properly

Ah, RGS, always the troglodite. Did you even bother to read the linked article? If a man is given "a say" and the couple disagrees, then what?

Time for gunplay? Kidnapping? False imprisonment?

False imprisonment is kidnapping, still you make a valid point, if one believes they would rather suffer death or kidnapping instead of having a beautiful bundle of love that person should be locked up for their own health as well as the fetuses health who most likely would vote no to abortion, at least while still in the womb.

I wonder if you were pro-abortion as a ten week old fetus.

That is a good question when did your position change, it is more than reasonable that before you were born you were pro-life, when did you change your mind.

This is a good point to begin the debate.

Five minutes after I knew that a chick in my freshman high school class suicided over being preggers and unable to face it. These fetuses you're so fond of (and yes, I love babies too) are sometimes female.

Should your daughter not own her own body? Should her boyfriend get to "rent" it for nine months against her will?
An separate organism is not part of her body...

It takes one man and one woman to make a baby. Both really need to learn to use protection if they, as an individual, do not want a baby.

Better contraception would doubtless eliminate the need for 99% of US abortions. I agree with you on this -- especially the part about BOTH genders being equally responsible.

They .1% of the time that it fails -99% of it is because morons don't use it properly

Wait a minute, isn't one of the big abortion arguments that it isn't used mainly as a form of birth control? well how does that square with Maddie's claim?

mdn2000 wrote:

Oh, so your making a rational decision based on a tragedy of a friend who committed suicide. Suicide is a whole other issue.

I could see how a girl may commit suicide, it is a shame and tragedy people were not there to support her. I hope she had you at least, to tell her how wonderful and great children, are, at a young age friends are most important.

Maybe you could share some more details, I would be wrong to be to presumptive.

Thirteen, you support abortions in thirteen year olds, with or without parents permission.
mdn, you are likely funner than a bag of kittens to debate with, but IME no one ever EVA changes their mind on abortion, and if it's okay I wanted to just explore the narrower question of whether anyone thought it was reasonable for men to override a woman's decision as to her own body?

As an aside: the pre-Roe v. Wade era contained many tragedies for women with unwanted pregnancies. Outlawing abortion does not end it (and likely does not drop the rate) but it does make life much more dangerous for women who are not rich.

outlawing x doesn't end it; therefore it should be legal

Let's apply that to rape and homicide..

False imprisonment is kidnapping, still you make a valid point, if one believes they would rather suffer death or kidnapping instead of having a beautiful bundle of love that person should be locked up for their own health as well as the fetuses health who most likely would vote no to abortion, at least while still in the womb.

I wonder if you were pro-abortion as a ten week old fetus.

That is a good question when did your position change, it is more than reasonable that before you were born you were pro-life, when did you change your mind.

This is a good point to begin the debate.

Five minutes after I knew that a chick in my freshman high school class suicided over being preggers and unable to face it. These fetuses you're so fond of (and yes, I love babies too) are sometimes female.

Should your daughter not own her own body? Should her boyfriend get to "rent" it for nine months against her will?
An separate organism is not part of her body...

and should a man be required to pay child support against HIS will for 18 years?

Actually, I think he should just as I think a woman should be required to have any child if the father steps up and says I want the child. I just want that out there so the usual fools don't pop out of the wood works to claim that I support dead beat parents.

Wait a minute, isn't one of the big abortion arguments that it isn't used mainly as a form of birth control? well how does that square with Maddie's claim?

How many of them didn't use contraception [properly] in the first place?

Condoms, the pill, the foam, the rods, female condoms... so many options to choose from and so many of them free from liberal feminist groups and Planned Parenthood...

What ever is a young slut to do?

How many of them didn't use contraception [properly] in the first place?

Condoms, the pill, the foam, the rods, female condoms... so many options to choose from and so many of them free from liberal feminist groups and Planned Parenthood...

What ever is a young slut to do?

Why it's ALL the man's fault for not wearing a condom don't you know? Oh, and I agree any man who doesn't wrap up is a fucking fool. But still that doesn't take into account the people who are in a relationship and feel comfortable with no condoms and a baby results (b/c let's face it random sex does not result in the majority of abortions) and the woman just doesn't give the man ANY say in whether SHE keeps HER child or not, until that first child support payment is due then suddenly it's THEIR child.

Add into that a percentage of those women who DO choose to keep their child treat the man like absolute shit in regards to everything but still want that child support.

I said this in a thread when I first started posting on here, and in fact this is the reason the man hating Syrenn hates me, women can bitch all they want about dead beat dads (even though it's a fact that a higher percentage of women are behind in child support in this country than men) but until we as a society recognize that a father's rights are as important as a mothers, we will never have a real solutions for that problem.

How would that work?

a paternity test maybe ?

What would King Solomon say? :lol:

no--I'm chatting with the women who wish they could fuck like men without getting pregnant. Girls just wanna have fun. There is no legal sex in our country unless the woman consents. That is where their choice is.

Well, you mentioned "a mere 9 months" during which women are "forced to pay for their decision."

Are you saying that after 9 months women are NOT forced to pay?

correct--they can give the child up for adoption

http://www.safeplacefornewborns.org/

I love how a woman can go on Maury 6 times with 37 men and demand one of the guys who was part of a train at a party one night give her money for the next 18 years...

Go, neofeminism...

Opt out of what? Parental rights and responsibility once the child is born, or the child being born at all?

Doesn't matter.

A woman can abort a child without the consent of the father. A woman can have a child and abandon it under the protection of safe haven laws without ever notifying the father that the child was born. There are many ways a woman can get out of the responsibility of raising a child but a man has none.

I can think of one, Skull Pilot.

Wait, make that two.....

No, three......

But I will agree lives will be improved when men can control their fertility via a pill, as women can.
Scientists invent first male contraceptive pill - Telegraph

GoogleSmiley.gif

Last edited:
I love how a woman can go on Maury 6 times with 37 men and demand one of the guys who was part of a train at a party one night give her money for the next 18 years...

Go, neofeminism...

That would be okay with me IF in that situation the woman didn't want the child and she was required by law to carry it to term if the father wanted custody AND she was required to pay child support.

Isn't THAT equality. I mean can a man just rip the baby out of the woman if he's not wanting to have achild?

Forum List

Back