Abortion: Why Men Don't Get A Say

Close your legs
The fact of the matter is that both men and women are equally responsible for conception.

However, for gestation, the woman is solely responsible. Her body, her choice.

The baby's care doesn't end with gestation. Man's money--his choice
Excellent point. You are absolutely correct. This is a huge fault in family law. If it is on record that the man wanted the woman to abort and she refused, then he should legally have no more responsibility to that child after that moment (or say in that child). It's a problem and they need to change it to ensure women keep their right to choose.

Equal rights should know no gender.

I believe that most do. Most men do, too.

Actually men don't get pregnant when they have sex however they may be forced to pay for their decision for the rest of their lives instead of a mere 9 months.

Um......are you saying you'd like to be a woman?

:eek:

no--I'm chatting with the women who wish they could fuck like men without getting pregnant. Girls just wanna have fun. There is no legal sex in our country unless the woman consents. That is where their choice is.

Actually men don't get pregnant when they have sex however they may be forced to pay for their decision for the rest of their lives instead of a mere 9 months.

no--I'm chatting with the women who wish they could fuck like men without getting pregnant. Girls just wanna have fun. There is no legal sex in our country unless the woman consents. That is where their choice is.

Well, you mentioned "a mere 9 months" during which women are "forced to pay for their decision."

Are you saying that after 9 months women are NOT forced to pay?

Well, you mentioned "a mere 9 months" during which women are "forced to pay for their decision."

correct--they can give the child up for adoption

Nuances. Gotta love them...and men who can entertain them.

:clap2:

mdn, you are likely funner than a bag of kittens to debate with, but IME no one ever EVA changes their mind on abortion, and if it's okay I wanted to just explore the narrower question of whether anyone thought it was reasonable for men to override a woman's decision as to her own body?

As an aside: the pre-Roe v. Wade era contained many tragedies for women with unwanted pregnancies. Outlawing abortion does not end it (and likely does not drop the rate) but it does make life much more dangerous for women who are not rich.

I thought you had a childhood friend who committed suicide because of not being able to face being pregnant.

Now you joke about kittens.

When did you decide you are pro-abortion, was it before you were born or after. That is the real test, can you say your life is not worth living, if your life is worth living its true to say any other human born feels the same.

Took blood, sweat and tears to win the right to choose, mdn2000. I want my daughter and granddaughter -- and yours -- to have the same rights. Women are not incubators for men -- or their government. They are not second class citizens.

You are right, they are not incubators for men, they are the most precious of all, able to give man the greatest gift, children, able to have life form inside them, my wife is so sad that she will not have life inside her again, it was incredible and each day better than yesterday.

So much to look forward to. My kids do have rights, its just a shame that so many people have the right to make life so ugly and so unwanted, the effect of this is the suicide in which you spoke, the only other option is my option, to make it easy and joyous to have children, most women actually love being pregnant, its got to be incredible, I know it was for me, just like waiting for a big surprise, not knowing how the baby will be, what they would look like.

Its just so great to have kids, even as they develop, every day is new and great, neither I nor my wife have dreaded a day with the kids, some times its work but always its special, tender, beyond description.

I thought you had a childhood friend who committed suicide because of not being able to face being pregnant.

Now you joke about kittens.

When did you decide you are pro-abortion, was it before you were born or after. That is the real test, can you say your life is not worth living, if your life is worth living its true to say any other human born feels the same.

Took blood, sweat and tears to win the right to choose, mdn2000. I want my daughter and granddaughter -- and yours -- to have the same rights. Women are not incubators for men -- or their government. They are not second class citizens.

You are right, they are not incubators for men, they are the most precious of all, able to give man the greatest gift, children, able to have life form inside them, my wife is so sad that she will not have life inside her again, it was incredible and each day better than yesterday.

So much to look forward to. My kids do have rights, its just a shame that so many people have the right to make life so ugly and so unwanted, the effect of this is the suicide in which you spoke, the only other option is my option, to make it easy and joyous to have children, most women actually love being pregnant, its got to be incredible, I know it was for me, just like waiting for a big surprise, not knowing how the baby will be, what they would look like.

Its just so great to have kids, even as they develop, every day is new and great, neither I nor my wife have dreaded a day with the kids, some times its work but always its special, tender, beyond description.

We agree about this much, mdn2000.....every child should be wanted.

dilloduck wrote:

You are not worthy. Have a great day.

Thankies, and lemme know if you happen to think of some constitutional way men can force women into and out of pregnancies against their will.

Try not to drag your knuckles on the way out.

We agree about this much, mdn2000.....every child should be wanted.

We agree on two things, the second being a baby is a lot of fun, seriously its the greatest thing in my life to experience, holding my boy or my girl in my arms and having that pure, innocent love. I had a woman ask to hold my baby, older woman, we were in Carmel at a Italian restaurant, my boy was under a year old, he was happy, he laughed and giggled, responded to her touch, amazing for me, my wife, and the woman and her husband, they were grandparent age, they thanked me and told me how wonderful a boy he was.

If a woman can have an abortion or take advantage of safe haven laws to opt out of the consequences of of her behavior then a man should have the same right to opt out.

Opt out of what? Parental rights and responsibility once the child is born, or the child being born at all?

If a woman can have an abortion or take advantage of safe haven laws to opt out of the consequences of of her behavior then a man should have the same right to opt out.

Opt out of what? Parental rights and responsibility once the child is born, or the child being born at all?

Doesn't matter.

A woman can abort a child without the consent of the father. A woman can have a child and abandon it under the protection of safe haven laws without ever notifying the father that the child was born. There are many ways a woman can get out of the responsibility of raising a child but a man has none.

Doesn't matter.

A woman can abort a child without the consent of the father. A woman can have a child and abandon it under the protection of safe haven laws without ever notifying the father that the child was born. There are many ways a woman can get out of the responsibility of raising a child but a man has none.

I can think of one, Skull Pilot.

Wait, make that two.....

No, three......

But I will agree lives will be improved when men can control their fertility via a pill, as women can.

Doesn't matter.

I think it does matter. There's a big difference between granting a man the power to force a woman to abort against her will and granting him the right to permanently relinquish all responsibility - and rights - to that child once born. The first gives him power over others, the second gives him power to make a choice more or less for himself alone. Not one without consequences to mother and child, don't get me wrong, but there is no physical compulsion.

Forum List

Back