Abortion: Why Men Don't Get A Say

How would that work?

The man says no abortion, the woman says abortion. It's a tie.

The man says abortion, the woman says no abortion. It's a tie.

If you make them equal participants in the decision, every time there's a disagreement, all you have is an unresolvable deadlock.

Not to mention, in order for the alleged father to be given any power of determination, he'd have to prove he's the father. How do you plan to do that?

a paternity test maybe ?

What would King Solomon say? :lol:

something in Hebrew, probably :eusa_whistle:

Doesn't matter.

A woman can abort a child without the consent of the father. A woman can have a child and abandon it under the protection of safe haven laws without ever notifying the father that the child was born. There are many ways a woman can get out of the responsibility of raising a child but a man has none.

I can think of one, Skull Pilot.

Wait, make that two.....

No, three......

But I will agree lives will be improved when men can control their fertility via a pill, as women can.

Men can already control their fertility by not trusting a woman when she says she's on the pill.

You refer, of course, to puring a bottle of Everclear into her when you're done, yes?

I love how a woman can go on Maury 6 times with 37 men and demand one of the guys who was part of a train at a party one night give her money for the next 18 years...

Go, neofeminism...

That would be okay with me IF in that situation the woman didn't want the child and she was required by law to carry it to term if the father wanted custody AND she was required to pay child support.

Isn't THAT equality. I mean can a man just rip the baby out of the woman if he's not wanting to have achild?

These women don't want equality--they want revenge.

Men can already control their fertility by not trusting a woman when she says she's on the pill.

Men have all the control. All they need to do is wear a condom. Then it would make no difference if a woman "says" she is on the pill or not. However i do understand that accidents happen even with a condom.
Women have all the control. All they need to do is take the pill, or take a pill the next day, or get the rods, or get an IUD... then it wouldn't matter if the prick didn't put the condom on right or it broke...

I love how a woman can go on Maury 6 times with 37 men and demand one of the guys who was part of a train at a party one night give her money for the next 18 years...

Go, neofeminism...

That would be okay with me IF in that situation the woman didn't want the child and she was required by law to carry it to term if the father wanted custody AND she was required to pay child support.

Isn't THAT equality. I mean can a man just rip the baby out of the woman if he's not wanting to have achild?

I don't know about revenge, but the certainly want superiority, not equality.

I don't know about revenge, but the certainly want superiority, not equality.

How about reparation in the form of playing God ?

Uh, men are the cause, I am told.

Close your legs
The fact of the matter is that both men and women are equally responsible for conception.

However, for gestation, the woman is solely responsible. Her body, her choice.

I am sorry Si, this is where I disagree with you. Why is it that they are both responsible for the conception but not the rest??? Really. The babie's body is not her body, she is just a vessel. Not a dictator

Close your legs
The fact of the matter is that both men and women are equally responsible for conception.

I am sorry Si, this is where I disagree with you. Why is it that they are both responsible for the conception but not the rest??? Really. The babie's body is not her body, she is just a vessel. Not a dictator

That's the part they don't get. They want a man to be responsible for half of EVERYTHING while giving him no voice in the decisions. Or actually I think they get it perfectly.

Close your legs

because they don't bear the repercussions of carrying the pregnancy to term.

you have every right to make whatever determination for yourself that you think is appropriate.

you have no right to make such determinations for anyone else. and i always find it really funny when the people who claim to want 'small government' want to legislate relationships between people. if a woman's relationship with the person who got her pregnant is a good one, she will take his opinion into consideration. if it isn't, she won't.

and someone has to have final say. it should be the person whose body it is.

or do you think a man should have veto power?

you have every right to make whatever determination for yourself that you think is appropriate.

you have no right to make such determinations for anyone else. and i always find it really funny when the people who claim to want 'small government' want to legislate relationships between people. if a woman's relationship with the person who got her pregnant is a good one, she will take his opinion into consideration. if it isn't, she won't.

the "body" it is NEVER gets a say so

Absolutely a man should have veto powers to abortion, he should NOT be able to force a woman to get one, but neither should HE be forced to endure the pain of losing a child he wants.

Is it that you don't think men have feelings, or is that you don't care about their feelings? Let me tell you, I was in the room when both of my children were born, the emotions I felt were incredible, I can even think about how crushing it would have been for a woman to have robbed me of that experience.

Why is being a man hater acceptable on this board and in this country?

Absolutely a man should have veto powers to abortion, he should NOT be able to force a woman to get one, but neither should HE be forced to endure the pain of losing a child he wants.

Is it that you don't think men have feelings, or is that you don't care about their feelings? Let me tell you, I was in the room when both of my children were born, the emotions I felt were incredible, I can even think about how crushing it would have been for a woman to have robbed me of that experience.

Sins of our father's and all that rit rot.

The man's "say so" occurs in peak of the moment and after the fact only goes so far as his ability to communicate with his sexual partner. Her body, her choice at that point.

What about the "body" that is being mutilated or otherwise destroyed? How freaking unfair is that?

The man's "say so" occurs in peak of the moment and after the fact only goes so far as his ability to communicate with his sexual partner. Her body, her choice at that point.

Then the man should be able to say "my paycheck my choice"

Again I ask, why do yall feel that men have no feelings or that if they do, they don't matter?

Do you prefer the thill of the power over the life of the child or the power over a man ?

Do you prefer the thill of the power over the life of the child or the power over a man ?

It's all about the power over a man. How many stories have we heard about women using their children as a weapon against their father?

BTW I think parents who do this should be charged with child abuse.

Who said anything about what I prefer? I don't prefer powering over anybody...

i love men. and if that decision were something i had to make, the man in my life would be included in the decision-making process.

but no man has the right to force me to carry a child.

it's really that simple. the level of government intervention is the appropriate inquiry. not emotions and not 'feelings'.

or do you think government should legislate a woman not hurting your feelings?

Who said anything about what I prefer? I don't prefer powering over anybody...

why do you think men incapable of participating in a decision that will affect them for the rest of their lives? Explain that to me.

Forum List

Back