Abortion or Adoption?

I personally approve, by far, of adoption instead of abortion.

BUT, local and state governments have put up so many blockades to abortion that it's almost impossible for an "average" family to get approval. And, the process can take years!

If you want to reduce the number of abortions, get the bureaucrats and lawyers out of the way and let local pastors and priests make the decision. [Or even Rabis and Imans]

"....blockades to abortion..."

I believe you mean 'adoption,' and if so, I agree with you.

And your comment re: bureaucrat deserves an OP of its own.

My original post was misunderstood because I used the phrase "it is almost creepy". However, the point I was trying to make is that many adoptive parents are specifically looking to adopt older children, sibling groups or disabled children. These children are often less likely to be adopted so government subsidies and services for these children are easier to obtain. For people who aren't wealthy but desperately seek to adopt children, these "marginalized" children are a desirable group. The subsidies make adopting possible for parents who otherwise couldn't afford it.

In short, the general public assumes that disabled children are very hard to place for adoption. For a small percentage of potential adoptive people this would be true. But unknown to the general public, there are many prospective adoptive parents who specifically seek a disabled child to adopt. For instance, I know one blind couple who wanted to adopt a blind child. They felt they had something extra that they could offer such a child since they were blind themselves.

My experience in the adoption field is that by the time a couple gets to the point where they are committing to becoming adoptive parents, they aren't very likely to insist on only a health, Caucasian infant. I know one couple who said they were willing to adopt a disable, inter-racial child. They got matched with an amazing child - such an amazing child they said they felt so guilty because their child was such a gift of grace. So many people associate disabled with "burden". To some degree, that might be true. Adoption is never an easy road and adding a disability can make it even more complicated. However, many people are so pleasantly surprised to find how blessed they feel when living with a disabled person.

Never see Liberals fight for support of adoption,funding for adoption,educating people on the adoption
side of the coin...

But go anywhere near their fixation for abortion and they will literally chew your nuts off.

I do, but there are many red tape barriers that need to be eased to allow anyone(even gays) to be able to adopt, the other problem is the cost of adoption, it too needs to be lowered.

My is 43 and wants to adopt, but we can't afford it.
I have been raising kids for 29 years and will still want a child even in my 60's, although I did want to tour the US in an RV, I will gladly give up to adopt.

Last edited:
My original post was misunderstood because I used the phrase "it is almost creepy". However, the point I was trying to make is that many adoptive parents are specifically looking to adopt older children, sibling groups or disabled children. These children are often less likely to be adopted so government subsidies and services for these children are easier to obtain. For people who aren't wealthy but desperately seek to adopt children, these "marginalized" children are a desirable group. The subsidies make adopting possible for parents who otherwise couldn't afford it.

In short, the general public assumes that disabled children are very hard to place for adoption. For a small percentage of potential adoptive people this would be true. But unknown to the general public, there are many prospective adoptive parents who specifically seek a disabled child to adopt. For instance, I know one blind couple who wanted to adopt a blind child. They felt they had something extra that they could offer such a child since they were blind themselves.

My experience in the adoption field is that by the time a couple gets to the point where they are committing to becoming adoptive parents, they aren't very likely to insist on only a health, Caucasian infant. I know one couple who said they were willing to adopt a disable, inter-racial child. They got matched with an amazing child - such an amazing child they said they felt so guilty because their child was such a gift of grace. So many people associate disabled with "burden". To some degree, that might be true. Adoption is never an easy road and adding a disability can make it even more complicated. However, many people are so pleasantly surprised to find how blessed they feel when living with a disabled person.

Yes, you're right.

Your original post sounded substantially different from this post.
The OP was designed to honor the brave and generous souls who would share what they have with one who is unwanted.

" I know one couple who said they were willing to adopt a disable, inter-racial child. They got matched with an amazing child - such an amazing child they said they felt so guilty because their child was such a gift of grace. So many people associate disabled with "burden".

That's beautiful.

Rep on the way.

Forum List

Back