Abortion Morally Wrong vs Changing the Law

You know, I'd like to see exactly who sponsored that poll.

But, should we overturn the law because many feel it's immoral? No.

From the link in the OP:

The most recent Knights of Columbus – Marist survey – conducted in late December and early January – is the latest in a series of such surveys commissioned by the Knights of Columbus and conducted by Marist Institute for Public Opinion. In October of 2008 and July of 2009, the survey has been tracking an increasing trend toward the pro-life position – a trend confirmed by Gallup and Pew surveys in mid-2009. K of C – Marist surveys are available online at www.kofc.org/moralcompass.

Kinda what I figured. Christian Coalition organization that did the poll.

Why am I not surprised?

Each State should decide whether they want Abortion to be Legal or Illegal. Let each individual State decide their on fate. If California wants to kill babies then so be it. If Missouri doesn't then so be it. The States really should be deciding this for themselves. Each State views killing babies differently. The People in each State can decide for themselves. Just another angle i guess.

So why is it ok for the state government to kill a baby, but not the federal government? I thought you were concerned about the babies?

-TSO

Each State should decide whether they want Abortion to be Legal or Illegal. Let each individual State decide their on fate. If California wants to kill babies then so be it. If Missouri doesn't then so be it. The States really should be deciding this for themselves. Each State views killing babies differently. The People in each State can decide for themselves. Just another angle i guess.

The correct angle.

Found this link on Drudge.

Majority of Americans, and Nearly 6 in 10 Young Adults, View Abortion as Morally... -- NEW HAVEN, Conn., Jan. 21 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Majority of Americans, and Nearly 6 in 10 Young Adults, View Abortion as Morally Wrong

Poll finds 56% of all Americans and 58% of those 18-29 years old say abortion 'morally wrong'

NEW HAVEN, Conn., Jan. 21 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On the eve of the 37th anniversary of the Supreme Court's decision in Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion throughout the United States, a new survey shows a strong majority of Americans believe abortion to be "morally wrong."

"Millennials" (those 18-29) consider abortion to be "morally wrong" even more (58%) than Baby Boomers (those 45-64) (51%). Generation X (those 30-44) are similar to Millennials (60% see abortion as "morally wrong"). More than 6 in 10 of the Greatest Generation (those 65+) feel the same....................

My question is this, does someone finding abortion morally wrong automatically convert into someone wanting to see it made illegal?

Personally, I'm anti-abortion. Politically, as a libertarian, I don't think the government has any business telling a woman that she must have a baby against her will.

Discuss.

My question is this, does someone finding abortion morally wrong automatically convert into someone wanting to see it made illegal?

Uhhh--NOPE!!!

Drinking is considered morally wrong
Gambling is considered morally wrong
Prostitution is considered morally wrong

But they are not illegal in every state, now is it?

Well, it is time that I buy me some hooch, play some Black Jack and find me a Las Vegas hooker to prove to myself that some sins are wonderful!!!

You know, if we leave everything up to the states, and, we all hold radically different views (i.e. California vs. Kansas).

Know what that will lead to eventually?

The fracturing of the United States.

I didn't say that i would support a State Government killing a Baby. Obviously i would not. I was talking about State's deciding whether Abortion should be Legal or Illegal in their own State. Each State probably views killing babies differently. People's views on Abortion in California are probably different then those in Missouri for example. Why not just let each State decide for themselves. Just a thought anyway.

Liberals have simply lost their way on this issue. Many have actually become cheerleaders for Abortion and that's just not right in my opinion. People should be more informed on this issue. Abortion procedures should be shown to these cheerleaders. Killing a baby is a pretty gruesome act. The disposal is even worse. I truly believe if more people saw these "procedures" more often,they really would find a new perspective on Abortion.

I know many anti-choice cheerleaders who also happen to be pro-death penalty cheerleaders. The process to have the goverment kill a convicted murderer is a pretty gruesome act. I wonder how many of the pro-death penalty cheerleaders have seen the actual execution of a person?

-TSO

Truly one of the most ignorant and idiotic statements I have ever read.

In fact, the killing of a person on death row is done in the most humane manner possible.... they fall asleep.

Use facts or close your mouth.

Liberals have simply lost their way on this issue. Many have actually become cheerleaders for Abortion and that's just not right in my opinion. People should be more informed on this issue. Abortion procedures should be shown to these cheerleaders. Killing a baby is a pretty gruesome act. The disposal is even worse. I truly believe if more people saw these "procedures" more often,they really would find a new perspective on Abortion.

I know many anti-choice cheerleaders who also happen to be pro-death penalty cheerleaders. The process to have the goverment kill a convicted murderer is a pretty gruesome act. I wonder how many of the pro-death penalty cheerleaders have seen the actual execution of a person?

-TSO

In fact, the killing of a person on death row is done in the most humane manner possible.... they fall asleep.

With the full and terrifying knowledge that they will NOT be waking up. I'm pro-death penalty. Just sayin'.

And please remember.... abortion isn't legal due to a "law". ... it is "legal" because the a court said a woman has a right to privacy.

If it was truly law, it would be debated on and voted on. And if the reps did their job correctly, it would be outlawed becuase most people do not feel abortion should be legal.

And before I am asked, the penalty for getting or performing an abortion, if illegal, would be the same as taking any human life.

I'm not saying it should be illegal. I'm actually saying the opposite. I was just talking about people who like to run around cheerleading for Abortion. Those people just don't have a realistic perspective on Abortion. Killing a baby is not pleasant and the disposal of dead babies is probably the most shocking & appalling sight one could ever witness. That being said,the Government should not be involved with this issue at all. There is no reason for our Government to fund the killing of babies. You want to kill your baby then so be it. Just don't demand that all Tax Payers pay for it. Hey just my take anyway.

C'mon.....you've NEVER heard anyone cherring for abortions. You may have heard them 'cherring' for a woman's right to choose. Heck, they don't even say they are 'pro abortion', they say they are 'pro choice'. Just like those against abortion don't label themselves as 'anti abortion'....they call themselves 'pro life'.

And to be honest, as a guy, this is not our issue. This issue belongs to women. It is their bodies that we're talking about after all. If men were the ones to have babies (with everything else remaining the same -- aggression etc), this would be a non-issue. Why? Because men, as a general rule, would shoot whomever tried to stop them from doing as they please with their own bodies.

-TSO

With the full and terrifying knowledge that they will NOT be waking up. I'm pro-death penalty. Just sayin'.

I don't know anyone who was executed that has claimed that. And just how would you know unless you've been executed? The ones that have had botched executions do not describe it as simply falling asleep.

And please remember.... abortion isn't legal due to a "law". ... it is "legal" because the a court said a woman has a right to privacy.

If it was truly law, it would be debated on and voted on. And if the reps did their job correctly, it would be outlawed becuase most people do not feel abortion should be legal.

And before I am asked, the penalty for getting or performing an abortion, if illegal, would be the same as taking any human life.

Not true. From the polls I've seen over the years, most people (and it depends on how you phrase the question) are pro-choice and anti abortion. If you have any trouble understanding that, it simply says they don't like abortions and wish women wouldn't choose them, but it is a woman's right to choose what happens with her body.

If you can't defend a baby then you really have lost your way. The Susan Sarandon Pro-Abortion rallies really have become grotesque celebratory spectacles. Hey that's just how i see it.

Last edited:

Majority of Americans, and Nearly 6 in 10 Young Adults, View Abortion as Morally... -- NEW HAVEN, Conn., Jan. 21 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Majority of Americans, and Nearly 6 in 10 Young Adults, View Abortion as Morally Wrong

Poll finds 56% of all Americans and 58% of those 18-29 years old say abortion 'morally wrong'

NEW HAVEN, Conn., Jan. 21 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On the eve of the 37th anniversary of the Supreme Court's decision in Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion throughout the United States, a new survey shows a strong majority of Americans believe abortion to be "morally wrong."

"Millennials" (those 18-29) consider abortion to be "morally wrong" even more (58%) than Baby Boomers (those 45-64) (51%). Generation X (those 30-44) are similar to Millennials (60% see abortion as "morally wrong"). More than 6 in 10 of the Greatest Generation (those 65+) feel the same....................

Personally, I'm anti-abortion. Politically, as a libertarian, I don't think the government has any business telling a woman that she must have a baby against her will.

Discuss.

I don't think the state has any business sanctioning abortion either.

Discuss.

I think if your moral beliefs tell you that life begins at conception then why wouldn't you want to protect that life for the same reason your moral beliefs want to protect the life of a one year old or ninety-five year old. However your moral beliefs do not mean I have to pay a higher income tax simply because you think it is the right thing to do.

Please stop trying co-op the libertarian name tag.

Last edited:
Lots of people cheerlead for abortion. On this site, it's typically Ang, JB and a couple of others.

Quit projecting, Anguille. I have yet to hear anyone on this board say that women who get legal abortions should have ridiculous punishments leveled against them.

The retarded women who promote abortion however are a different matter. I've no problem with them walking around with dead babies tied around their necks.

:eusa_whistle:

Discuss.

I think if your moral beliefs tell you that life begins at conception then why wouldn't you want to protect that life for the same reason your moral beliefs want to protect the life of a one year old or ninety-five year old. However your moral beliefs do not mean I have to pay a higher income tax simply because you think it is the right thing to do.

Please stop trying co-op the libertarian name tag.

What would you know about being libertarian? The only shit we get when we squeeze your head is ODS.......I mean look at your name. If you bothered to post a well thought out opinion rather than childish bashing, we might get to know you beyond being a troll.

If you are really a libertarian, you won't want the gubmint all up in your business.

Forum List

Back