Abortion Morally Wrong vs Changing the Law

kwc57

BOHICA Obama
Jul 13, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Found this link on Drudge.

Majority of Americans, and Nearly 6 in 10 Young Adults, View Abortion as Morally... -- NEW HAVEN, Conn., Jan. 21 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Majority of Americans, and Nearly 6 in 10 Young Adults, View Abortion as Morally Wrong

Poll finds 56% of all Americans and 58% of those 18-29 years old say abortion 'morally wrong'

NEW HAVEN, Conn., Jan. 21 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On the eve of the 37th anniversary of the Supreme Court's decision in Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion throughout the United States, a new survey shows a strong majority of Americans believe abortion to be "morally wrong."

"Millennials" (those 18-29) consider abortion to be "morally wrong" even more (58%) than Baby Boomers (those 45-64) (51%). Generation X (those 30-44) are similar to Millennials (60% see abortion as "morally wrong"). More than 6 in 10 of the Greatest Generation (those 65+) feel the same....................

My question is this, does someone finding abortion morally wrong automatically convert into someone wanting to see it made illegal?

Personally, I'm anti-abortion. Politically, as a libertarian, I don't think the government has any business telling a woman that she must have a baby against her will.

Discuss.

Found this link on Drudge.

Majority of Americans, and Nearly 6 in 10 Young Adults, View Abortion as Morally... -- NEW HAVEN, Conn., Jan. 21 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Majority of Americans, and Nearly 6 in 10 Young Adults, View Abortion as Morally Wrong

Poll finds 56% of all Americans and 58% of those 18-29 years old say abortion 'morally wrong'

NEW HAVEN, Conn., Jan. 21 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On the eve of the 37th anniversary of the Supreme Court's decision in Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion throughout the United States, a new survey shows a strong majority of Americans believe abortion to be "morally wrong."

"Millennials" (those 18-29) consider abortion to be "morally wrong" even more (58%) than Baby Boomers (those 45-64) (51%). Generation X (those 30-44) are similar to Millennials (60% see abortion as "morally wrong"). More than 6 in 10 of the Greatest Generation (those 65+) feel the same....................

My question is this, does someone finding abortion morally wrong automatically convert into someone wanting to see it made illegal?

Personally, I'm anti-abortion. Politically, as a libertarian, I don't think the government has any business telling a woman that she must have a baby against her will.

Discuss.

No, not everyone wants to see morality legislated.

Discuss.
Sort of the same boat here with the exception that I struggle with the "immorality" of abortion (but understand the moral objections of those that have strong ones against it) and must at the end of the day come down on the side of liberty and support a woman's right to choose.

That being said with respect to Roe v. Wade, I find the constitutional premise of the decision wobbly at best (just my reading of the decision) and therefor tend to believe that it should be a state issue or that an amendment is needed to clearly define the Federal role on this question.

Abortion is morally wrong in most cases. People who routinely cheerlead for Abortion probably haven't ever actually seen how Abortion Clinics really operate. These are people that get disgusted at the sight of a doggy being abused but have never actually seen how babies are killed and disposed of in these Abortion Clinics. They just don't know reality. All Americans should be forced to go into these Abortion Clinics and see just how these babies are killed and disposed of. I think then they could have a more realistic view of abortion.

If slaughtering a hog or abusing a doggy disgusts you,i assure you that you would be quite shocked & appalled at just how babies are killed and disposed of. It's all about reality and perspective. Most abortion cheerleaders have neither. Personally i abhor abortion but i don't think the Government should be involved with the issue at all. They shouldn't make it illegal or fund it. I see no reason why our Goverment should fund the killing of babies. If you want to kill your baby then so be it. Just don't demand that all Tax Payers pay for it. Hey that's just how i feel anyway.

I think if a person is fully informed and educated on Abortion they will always find it extremely immoral. More Americans really should be forced to see closeup how babies are killed and disposed of in these clinics. If they saw these awful procedures,i'm sure they would have a whole new perspective on abortion. That's why the Pro-Choice Lobby vehemently opposes people seeing the awful reality of killing a baby. I'm always appalled when i see Pro-Choice wackos out there dancing around celebrating killing babies. It really isn't anything to cheerlead for or celebrate. Shame on them.

I think if a person is fully informed and educated on Abortion they will always find it extremely immoral. More Americans really should be forced to see closeup how babies are killed and disposed of in these clinics.

Americans should be FORCED to do what? don't we already have enough of Americans being FORCED to do things against their will?

Personally I find the idea of FORCED moral indoctrination more repugnant than anything that goes on in an abortion clinic.

No i assure you nothing is more repugnant than what goes on in abortion clinics. I could go into detail on what some of their "procedures" are but like that movie says..."You can't handle the Truth."

The people who dance around with Susan Sarandon and other Liberal kooks celebrating Abortion,really are sick individuals. Killing a baby is not pleasant. Some of the "procedures" used are pretty awful. The disposal of these dead babies is probably even worse. Like i said,if the sight of a slaughtered hog or abused doggy gets you upset,you cannot possibly imagine how upset and disgusted you would be if you actually saw what it takes to kill and then dispose a dead baby. Most Liberals loons just have a warped perspective on abortion. Their perspective is not based on reality in any way. So next time you see Susan Sarandon dancing around celebrating Abortion,just remember what i have said. You might just find a whole new perspective on abortion.

Abortion is morally wrong in most cases. People who routinely cheerlead for Abortion probably haven't ever actually seen how Abortion Clinics really operate. These are people that get disgusted at the sight of a doggy being abused but have never actually seen how babies are killed and disposed of in these Abortion Clinics. They just don't know reality. All Americans should be forced to go into these Abortion Clinics and see just how these babies are killed and disposed of. I think then they could have a more realistic view of abortion.

If slaughtering a hog or abusing a doggy disgusts you,i assure you that you would be quite shocked & appalled at just how babies are killed and disposed of. It's all about reality and perspective. Most abortion cheerleaders have neither. Personally i abhor abortion but i don't think the Government should be involved with the issue at all. They shouldn't make it illegal or fund it. I see no reason why our Goverment should fund the killing of babies. If you want to kill your baby then so be it. Just don't demand that all Tax Payers pay for it. Hey that's just how i feel anyway.

I have never heard of an abortion cheerleader, but the polarized mind needs to create the black to forward their white

No i assure you nothing is more repugnant than what goes on in abortion clinics. I could go into detail on what some of their "procedures" are but like that movie says..."You can't handle the Truth."

Of course you're assuming that I have not already witnessed what goes during abortion procedures. Not everyone is going to draw the same moral conclusions from any given set of circumstances that somebody else might which is why attempting to legislate morality has always been an exercise in futility.

Just my 2 cents but IMHO You're better off attempting to convince people that your moral perspective on this question is superior through the strength of your arguments rather than suggesting that people be forced to be indoctrinated to your point of view.

The law doesn't force anyone to get an abortion. If those who feel it's morally wrong get pregnant, they shouldn't get one. Otherwise, it's merely their opinion about a lawful medical procedure.

-TSO

I'm not saying it should be illegal. I'm actually saying the opposite. I was just talking about people who like to run around cheerleading for Abortion. Those people just don't have a realistic perspective on Abortion. Killing a baby is not pleasant and the disposal of dead babies is probably the most shocking & appalling sight one could ever witness. That being said,the Government should not be involved with this issue at all. There is no reason for our Government to fund the killing of babies. You want to kill your baby then so be it. Just don't demand that all Tax Payers pay for it. Hey just my take anyway.

What the hell is an abortion "cheerleader"? I'm unaware of people who "promote" abortion as some sort of fun and favored acitivity for women to engage in. Moral and religious arguments aside, what I do see are people who strongly believe that a pregnant woman should have theliberty and freedom to choose whether or not to have a baby. I'm with conservative libertarian talk show host Neal Boortz on the idea that there is no pro-life/anti-life, but instead pro-choice/anti-choice.

I would have argued day and night if my wife had ever wanted to have an abortion and listed all the moral and religious reasons why, but as an a freedom loving American I simply don't want the government sticking their nose in anyone's business.

I've never used drugs. I think people who use them are morons. That being said, I fully support their right to choose to destroy their life if they so desire.

I'm not saying it should be illegal. I'm actually saying the opposite. I was just talking about people who like to run around cheerleading for Abortion. Those people just don't have a realistic perspective on Abortion. Killing a baby is not pleasant and the disposal of dead babies is probably the most shocking & appalling sight one could ever witness. That being said,the Government should not be involved with this issue at all. There is no reason for our Government to fund the killing of babies. You want to kill your baby then so be it. Just don't demand that all Tax Payers pay for it. Hey just my take anyway.

Can you produce any video documentation of people actually "celebrating" and "cheerleading" abortion?

The people who dance around with Susan Sarandon and other Liberal kooks celebrating Abortion,really are sick individuals. Killing a baby is not pleasant. Some of the "procedures" used are pretty awful. The disposal of these dead babies is probably even worse. Like i said,if the sight of a slaughtered hog or abused doggy gets you upset,you cannot possibly imagine how upset and disgusted you would be if you actually saw what it takes to kill and then dispose a dead baby. Most Liberals loons just have a warped perspective on abortion. Their perspective is not based on reality in any way. So next time you see Susan Sarandon dancing around celebrating Abortion,just remember what i have said. You might just find a whole new perspective on abortion.

The people who support animal rights over the rights of humans have no empathy for human children, period. They're willing to see humans wiped out in order to accomodate animals.

I just don't think anyone 'cheerleads' for abortion. For the woman it has to be a very gut-wrenching decision and I would expect her to receive compassionate council from anyone involved in the decision or procedure.

Lots of people cheerlead for abortion. On this site, it's typically Ang, JB and a couple of others.

There is no reason for our Government to fund the killing of babies.

Why? There are a number of things the goverment funds that many people are immoral. Why is abortion cherry picked as the one moral issue the government shouldn't fund.

To me, if it's a legal medical procedure that is prescribed by a woman's doctor, why shouldn't it be covered the same way other medical procedures are?

-TSO

Liberals have simply lost their way on this issue. Many have actually become cheerleaders for Abortion and that's just not right in my opinion. People should be more informed on this issue. Abortion procedures should be shown to these cheerleaders. Killing a baby is a pretty gruesome act. The disposal is even worse. I truly believe if more people saw these "procedures" more often,they really would find a new perspective on Abortion.

Forum List

Back