Abortion is sexist

I would just like to point out that while child support is for the child, it isn't meant to be designated as $$ ONLY to purchase things for the child. It's to support a lifestyle which is best for the child. If mom needs cable tv to be human, that means it's for cable tv.

If the dad doesn't like it, he has the option of making a bid for custody so he can raise the kid exactly as he wants. Well, sort of.

As to a dad who didn't want to be a dad being potentially a bad father so we shouldn't "make" him be a parent, well that's just silly. I think it likely that fully 50 percent of more of all parents, moms and dads, initially don't particularly want to be parents. Tough crap for them. They get over it or deal with it, it's like any job. Sometimes you like it sometimes you don't, but most of us still have to work, and we do our best to be good employees. Just because you don't like to work doesn't mean that somebody else should pay your bills for you.

there is no reason cable tv makes anyone human, baba. a mothers standard of living is not the reason why men pay CHILD support. If you want cable then go get a job like a man has to. alimony and child support is not your golden ticket.

The law disagrees with you, Shogun. I know men would LIKE to pay only to the child, and would for the most part prefer not to pay at all. But that's not the way it works. Child support is meant to be used in whatever way benefits the child. If the dad has opted out of the household or been booted out, he has lost the privilege of making those decisions. However, he still has to contribute to the household for the benefit of the child.

If he was living in the house he would be paying for household things...not just clothes for that particularl child, or food for that particular child. When he's out of the house, it's the same.

He doesn't get to wield power from afar and determine where every penny is spent, and it's still for the benefit of the child, regardless of whether it's used for cable, electricity, food, or swimming lessons. It all goes to improve the quality of life in that household, and father's shouldn't resent it. Though most do (assholes).

Many men think that when they leave the home, the woman should be punished with a lower standard of living, and they could give a crap about how that affects the kids. They think that the woman should have to work harder, and enjoy fewer amenities than she did when they were in the house, and they don't care that it hurts kids to see their moms being treated in that way, and it hurts kids to see their moms struggling. It also hurts kids to drop from one standard of living to another. Kids whose parents choose not to have cable because it's a lifestyle choice don't suffer. Kids who don't have cable because mom can't afford it do. And absent fathers generally have all sorts of directives they'd like to attach to their child support, but tough shit, once they're out of the home, they don't have much of a say. And often, it's because of their own behavior/choice that they are in that predicament.

Families don't typically divvy up money individually. Child support is no different.

Last edited:
I didn't know you had the inside track on what "most" father think Allie. How did you come by that info?

I think it fits in pretty well with Shog's thinking that most woman want to have his baby so they can get free cable for eighteen years.

:badgrin:

I didn't know you had the inside track on what "most" father think Allie. How did you come by that info?

Five years as a legal secretary, 2 years working with juvenile delinquents, one year (so far) working as a case worker. And personal experience.

I think it fits in pretty well with Shog's thinking that most woman want to have his baby so they can get free cable for eighteen years.

Why else would anyone have sex with him?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Five years as a legal secretary, 2 years working with juvenile delinquents, one year (so far) working as a case worker. And personal experience.

That still doesn't get you anywhere NEAR "most." You just pulled it out of your ass. Fact is, the cases you are likely to see give the above are the bad ones. The good ones aren't going to cross your threshold. You have no basis for comparison.

That still doesn't get you anywhere NEAR "most." You just pulled it out of your ass. Fact is, the cases you are likely to see give the above are the bad ones. The good ones aren't going to cross your threshold. You have no basis for comparison.

Wow, strike a nerve?

I'd guess so.

You sound like a deadbeat to me, bud. Behind on those payments because you can't handle the thought of the ex living a normal life without you?

You sound like a deadbeat to me, bud. Behind on those payments because you can't handle the thought of the ex living a normal life without you?

Lol. Can't back up your claim so you resort to this? Shows the level of intellect we're dealing with here. Also shows your illiteracy in terms of reading my other posts in the thread.

Come on, kids. Allie is talking about DEADBEAT dads, and it's probably true, the majority of them don't care, other wise they'd not be deadbeat, correct?

Come on, kids. Allie is talking about DEADBEAT dads, and it's probably true, the majority of them don't care, other wise they'd not be deadbeat, correct?

No she's talking about dads generally, and that the majority are deadbeats who don't pay or don't want to. May or may not be true, but I'd like to see the evidence backing it up. Of course, Allie only has her opinion to work with so we're not likely to see any evidence.

The law disagrees with you, Shogun. I know men would LIKE to pay only to the child, and would for the most part prefer not to pay at all. But that's not the way it works. Child support is meant to be used in whatever way benefits the child. If the dad has opted out of the household or been booted out, he has lost the privilege of making those decisions. However, he still has to contribute to the household for the benefit of the child.

If he was living in the house he would be paying for household things...not just clothes for that particularl child, or food for that particular child. When he's out of the house, it's the same.

He doesn't get to wield power from afar and determine where every penny is spent, and it's still for the benefit of the child, regardless of whether it's used for cable, electricity, food, or swimming lessons. It all goes to improve the quality of life in that household, and father's shouldn't resent it. Though most do (assholes).

Many men think that when they leave the home, the woman should be punished with a lower standard of living, and they could give a crap about how that affects the kids. They think that the woman should have to work harder, and enjoy fewer amenities than she did when they were in the house, and they don't care that it hurts kids to see their moms being treated in that way, and it hurts kids to see their moms struggling. It also hurts kids to drop from one standard of living to another. Kids whose parents choose not to have cable because it's a lifestyle choice don't suffer. Kids who don't have cable because mom can't afford it do. And absent fathers generally have all sorts of directives they'd like to attach to their child support, but tough shit, once they're out of the home, they don't have much of a say. And often, it's because of their own behavior/choice that they are in that predicament.

Families don't typically divvy up money individually. Child support is no different.

The LAW also disagrees with your stance on abortion, baba. so what. Are you suggesting that current child support cable bills, like the current RvW abortion standard, is set in stone? YES a woman should have to realize that getting married is NOT a lifelong golden ticket to supliment income. Believe it or not, a disolved marriage is NOT a perpetuation of a compined standard of living. YOU might look at it as a punishment but it's no more punishment than the cable company shutting off your service after you stop paying their bill.

and, AGAIN, cable TV is NOT a necessity to life. It's a total farce to insist that child support is meant to maintain a pre-divorce lifestyle when you are defending this money being spent on frivolous bullshit.

I've gotta wonder baba.. if it were blacks in the ghetto using the same bullshit to validate a SOL using their baby making skills just how quick you'd be to justify the necessity of cable tv.

A mother is not the only parent, allie. Putting a premium on a MOTHER suffereing despite having no care in the world about a FATHER suffering pretty much conveys the bullshit sticking to the sole of your arguement.

according to your position in these kinds of debates thats probably not far from the truth.

No she's talking about dads generally, and that the majority are deadbeats who don't pay or don't want to. May or may not be true, but I'd like to see the evidence backing it up. Of course, Allie only has her opinion to work with so we're not likely to see any evidence.

Normally I'd agree with you, because this is Allie after all, but I'm pretty sure she's not talking about dads in general.

Why else would anyone have sex with him?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

HA!

shit.. i'd have to swat the both of you off of my nuts if you only knew...

I'm EXACTLY the kind of pool boy your cougar generation leaves slugtrails for.

Normally I'd agree with you, because this is Allie after all, but I'm pretty sure she's not talking about dads in general.

If not, then she's unable to express herself in words. Go back and read her post and you'll see a generalized statement that does not only apply to deadbeats. In fact, it wouldn't make any sense at all if she was only talking about deadbeats, because the word "most" wouldn't apply to that. All deadbeats are deadbeats by definition. She said "most men," which is a statement she can't back up. But as you said, this is Allie so maybe I'm expecting too much.

If not, then she's unable to express herself in words. Go back and read her post and you'll see a generalized statement that does not only apply to deadbeats. In fact, it wouldn't make any sense at all if she was only talking about deadbeats, because the word "most" wouldn't apply to that. All deadbeats are deadbeats by definition. She said "most men," which is a statement she can't back up. But as you said, this is Allie so maybe I'm expecting too much.

Maybe she'll enlighten us. Her entire post is about men that don't want to deal with their children so I'm still thinking she's talking about a specific group of men.

Forum List

Back